Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dead on.

I know I stand alone (maybe) but for football teams in particular, I’ve made the arguments about how team fans don’t care about almost any transgressions as long as the player is helping their team win. Peterson seemed welcomed back to Minnesota with open arms after the “switch” incident. Was Kareem Hunt the RB charged with hitting his gf? Not sure I see Cleveland fans bring that up.
Just so e examples.

Yea that was Kareem Hunt. KC released him and CLE signed him.

Tyreek Hill just signed a massive contract. Multiple domestic violence issues.

Antonio Brown has a laundry list.

Big Ben.

Deshaun Watson.

I’m sure I’m still missing many. These are all current players. All of these players did something much worse than send an email, or I guess in my opinion it’s worse. But cancel culture says otherwise apparently

What I am saying is that if you have been paying attention to society for the last decade or so, the minute this news hit you knew this would be the outcome. So I am not saying this is the way things should be…but I am saying it is the way things are and they are not changing anytime soon.
This is the part that not only is flat out wrong, but is extremely inconsistent.

I used Biden as an example, how about Ralph Northam, the VA governor?

I should have immediately thought the same thing, as soon as his old pictures showed up, we should have known the outcome.

The problem, is the outcome is exactly 180.

I don’t think this is that hard to figure out. No, he didn’t draft Sam for his sexual orientation. This is common sense.

The rams are in the business of trying to win football games, which brings in more money. Fisher’s job was already far from safe when Sam was drafted. Does anyone really think he isn’t trying his best to pick a guy that can best help him keep his job?
its fishface and we all know he despises nfl fans

This is the part that not only is flat out wrong, but is extremely inconsistent.

I used Biden as an example, how about Ralph Northam, the VA governor?

I should have immediately thought the same thing, as soon as his old pictures showed up, we should have known the outcome.

The problem, is the outcome is exactly 180.
trudeau.jpg

current prime minister of canada... in black face

ZERO consequences

I can’t believe y’all are still talking about this. “Cancel culture” is just another made up piece of s**t used by politicians to make you angry and afraid all the time. “B-b-but the constitution!”
Are you fing serious?! Dude said a bunch of aweful stuff and resigned in disgrace. That’s it! End of story. If any of my employees talked like that I’d drop em in a heartbeat. Why allow someone to make my workplace toxic?! FREE SPEECH DOES NOT APPLY.
Im getting so sick of this WOQE victim culture where everyone is out to get you. Whaaaaaaaaa!
GIVE IT UP! It’s embarrassing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, you dont know that. When is the last time an SEC defensive player of the year went undrafted? I mean, if he were a first round pick I would be more inclined to agree with you, but 6th and 7th round picks are often times teams just taking a flyer on guys who were either productive college players without the measurables, or guys with the measurables who maybe werent that great in college, but the team still feels maybe they can coach them up. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt, but Michael Sam being drafted in the 6th round certainly isnt a crazy draft pick. It's not like he was a random gay guy they found on the street, he was a very good college player.

There were literally hundreds of "very good college" players that year that went undrafted. Fisher drafted him as a flier project- you're right about that. But Fisher was the ULTIMATE company man for the NFL. I think it's obvious the league pulled a few strings and leaned on Fisher. Please Fisher loves a buzz story- it was good for his declining career.

And if Michael Sam could have produced some sacks and been a dominant force, he'd have stuck. He just wasn't NFL "good enough" to play in the NFL. Never was.

Anyone find it ironic that Tampa Bay removed him from the ring of honor for some not so choice words in a ten year old email, all while Antonio Brown a known rapist and woman beater scored two TDs from them last week? I guess as long as you commit an actual crime with a victim you're in the clear...

The cancel culture views "thought crimes" as worse than actual physically violent crimes. "Woke" culture? The need to get a f^ckin' job to clear their foggy head.

I can’t believe y’all are still talking about this. “Cancel culture” is just another made up piece of s**t used by politicians to make you angry and afraid all the time. “B-b-but the constitution!”
Are you fing serious?! Dude said a bunch of aweful stuff and resigned in disgrace. That’s it! End of story. If any of my employees talked like that I’d drop em in a heartbeat. Why allow someone to make my workplace toxic?! FREE SPEECH DOES NOT APPLY.
Im getting so sick of this WOQE victim culture where everyone is out to get you. Whaaaaaaaaa!

What's embarrassing is that the cancel culture is the ultimate example of "victim culture". People have a right to express themselves freely. People DO NOT have the right to not be be offended by somebody else's opinion. Period. That's guaranteed by law.

This cancel culture better learn to value lessons already learned in world history. If you don't value legality, due process and precedent, our country will slip into censorship, totalitarianism or even worse, communism. Enough with the nonsense.

Not reading any posts feeling sorry for Gruden which kind of points to you missing what people are complaining about.

If the Raiders or NFL weren’t going to force him to resign or fire him, would you have a problem with him continuing his job?

But yet wife beaters and rapists are allowed to still play. See the precedence you are setting as a league?

What's embarrassing is that the cancel culture is the ultimate example of "victim culture". People have a right to express themselves freely. People DO NOT have the right to not be be offended by somebody else's opinion. Period. That's guaranteed by law.

This cancel culture better learn to value lessons already learned in world history. If you don't value legality, due process and precedent, our country will slip into censorship, totalitarianism or even worse, communism. Enough with the nonsense.
What the fearmongering ignorant like this keep calling “cancel culture” is actually public opinion and the voice of the people. THAT is precedent. YOU are the ones seeking to censor and diminish the voice of the people by pretending to be victims of public opinion or “censorship” all the time. Public opinion is how society has kept the powerful in check for thousands of years.

Enough with the nonsense is right.

Gruden said bad things and freedom of speech DOES NOT protect him from public opinion. Look it up and stop crying.

What the fearmongering ignorant like this keep calling “cancel culture” is actually public opinion and the voice of the people. THAT is precedent. YOU are the ones seeking to censor and diminish the voice of the people by pretending to be victims of public opinion or “censorship” all the time. Public opinion is how society has kept the powerful in check for thousands of years.
Now the WOQE are trying to crush the voice of the people just like they’re trying to eliminate Americans right to vote and attempt to discredit the free press using Hitlers “Lugenpresse” propaganda to label all opposing voices as fake news.
It’s hard to believe that one group has become so warped and brainwashed that they are endorsing authoritarianism and tried to violently overthrow the country on January 6th.
Enough with the nonsense is right.

Gruden said bad things and freedom of speech DOES NOT protect him from public opinion. Look it up and stop crying.
Wow. It’s hard for me to believe a person actually believes what you’ve written.

Money/Profit are all that matter.

Players bring in the money, coaches do not. Gruden likely being forced to resign by the NFL isn't some indication of them taking the high road or doing the right thing, it's a sign of them doing what they perceive is best for their bottom line.

In this instance, the NFL is in line with the general public's proper outrage over the things Gruden wrote. The costs of him resigning clearly do not outweigh the benefits (positive media attention) to the NFL. However, as we have seen, when NFL players make themselves the target of public outrage for their deplorable (and sometimes illegal behavior), the NFL turns a blind eye and doesn't care about the public outrage. The cost to the NFL outweighs the benefit in that instance.

This all came down to the almighty dollar.

Of course a question that I like to ask is why isn't ESPN drawing more scrutiny? Gruden was employed by them during these emails it appears. Was he using their email address to send this crap out, was he on their time? Did they know about it? I ask this because ESPN sure is portraying outrage in their coverage, but conveniently ignores Gruden was their employee.

Money/Profit are all that matter.

Players bring in the money, coaches do not. Gruden likely being forced to resign by the NFL isn't some indication of them taking the high road or doing the right thing, it's a sign of them doing what they perceive is best for their bottom line.

In this instance, the NFL is in line with the general public's proper outrage over the things Gruden wrote. The costs of him resigning clearly do not outweigh the benefits (positive media attention) to the NFL. However, as we have seen, when NFL players make themselves the target of public outrage for their deplorable (and sometimes illegal behavior), the NFL turns a blind eye and doesn't care about the public outrage. The cost to the NFL outweighs the benefit in that instance.

This all came down to the almighty dollar.

Of course a question that I like to ask is why isn't ESPN drawing more scrutiny? Gruden was employed by them during these emails it appears. Was he using their email address to send this crap out, was he on their time? Did they know about it? I ask this because ESPN sure is portraying outrage in their coverage, but conveniently ignores Gruden was their employee.
I’ll disagree that coaches don’t bring in money. Let’s pretend Bellicheck leaves NE and goes to Jax. The money for those two franchises likely shift almost immediately. Without looking it up, I would bet LV had an uptick in their market when Gruden was hired.

I don’t think the NFL actually does line up with the “general opinion”. I don’t think the outcry for Gruden’s head even represents the “general opinion” among all football fans which is important to distinguish from non-football fans.
We’re in agreement that the NFL is about money, nothing more BUT, I see them siding with a very loud minority. Those that really cared about what happens to Gruden are either non-football fans or the lesser half of all NFL fans.
I truly believe the large majority of NFL fans really don’t care. It’s not that they support or approve what Gruden said or did, they just don’t care. (Note the previous statements about not caring about wife/gf beaters, murderers, etc.)

The NFL has multiple instances of trying to side with this loud minority which has had a larger backlash than had they not made a big story out of it or try to appear as if they are doing it for “righteous” reasons.

the NFL as a business is either not aware of who their actual audience is or they don’t care. If they don’t care, then no reason to pretend to care so it seems to me, they’re just flat out wrong about who their audience is.

I’ll disagree that coaches don’t bring in money. Let’s pretend Bellicheck leaves NE and goes to Jax. The money for those two franchises likely shift almost immediately. Without looking it up, I would bet LV had an uptick in their market when Gruden was hired.

I don’t think the NFL actually does line up with the “general opinion”. I don’t think the outcry for Gruden’s head even represents the “general opinion” among all football fans which is important to distinguish from non-football fans.
We’re in agreement that the NFL is about money, nothing more BUT, I see them siding with a very loud minority. Those that really cared about what happens to Gruden are either non-football fans or the lesser half of all NFL fans.
I truly believe the large majority of NFL fans really don’t care. It’s not that they support or approve what Gruden said or did, they just don’t care. (Note the previous statements about not caring about wife/gf beaters, murderers, etc.)

The NFL has multiple instances of trying to side with this loud minority which has had a larger backlash than had they not made a big story out of it or try to appear as if they are doing it for “righteous” reasons.

the NFL as a business is either not aware of who their actual audience is or they don’t care. If they don’t care, then no reason to pretend to care so it seems to me, they’re just flat out wrong about who their audience is.
Belichick is not doing anything for Jax unless Tom Brady goes there ..we all know that now... But yes Belichick is a JAG..just another guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back