Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know what Lewan said, I already told you that I don't listen to his show. But talking trash to an opponent is not the same thing as telling people with hiring power in the league that **** shouldn't be drafted. Again, this isn't that complicated guys.

Not what he said. But again the point is, if Gruden was caught on a hot mic during a game saying something that could be taken as “homophobic” there would still be people calling for his job. It’s a double standard. Plain and simple.

Yeah but Fisher denies that happened. Obviously Fisher could be lying, we likely wont ever know for sure, but still no real reason for Gruden to have an issue with Michael Sam being drafted. But I also dont think one of these emails on its own is why he was fired. It is the fact there were several of them, over several years, is why he was fired. I also dont know for sure, but I have a feeling there are more that havent (and might never) be released to the public.

He did not say he had an issue with Sam being drafted… geez man lol his issue was with the media pushing Sam to be drafted and it put pressure on teams to feel like they had to take him in ordered to not be labeled discriminatory. Because you know damn well they would have said that if he wasn’t drafted.

Not what he said. But again the point is, if Gruden was caught on a hot mic during a game saying something that could be taken as “homophobic” there would still be people calling for his job. It’s a double standard. Plain and simple.

You dont know that. Again, Gruden wasnt fired because of 1 email, if that was the case he would have been fired last week. He was fired because of several emails over a period of several years.

Something I think we can all agree on is that Washington is a cesspool franchise.
They need alot of rebooting and image cleansing for sure ..Daniel Synder needs to go to be a total sweep...he's the owner he has to shoulder majority of the blame for the mess they are in

He did not say he had an issue with Sam being drafted… geez man lol his issue was with the media pushing Sam to be drafted and it put pressure on teams to feel like they had to take him in ordered to not be labeled discriminatory. Because you know damn well they would have said that if he wasn’t drafted.

Excuses. The media didnt make Gruden say or do anything. If he had an issue with Sam from a playing ability, that is perfectly ok, but that isnt what his email implied.

Correct he didn't have an issue with Sam...from an article regarding emails...although using the term "f^ggot" and "queers" says it all

In the emails, Gruden called the league’s commissioner, Roger Goodell, a “f^ggot” and a “clueless anti football pussy” and said that Goodell should not have pressured Jeff Fisher, then the coach of the Rams, to draft “queers,” a reference to Michael Sam, a gay player chosen by the team in 2014.

You dont know that. Again, Gruden wasnt fired because of 1 email, if that was the case he would have been fired last week. He was fired because of several emails over a period of several years.

The league was going to keep releasing emails until he was fired lol it was a hit job from the league. They wanted him gone. It’s literally been reported by the media.

Excuses. The media didnt make Gruden say or do anything. If he had an issue with Sam from a playing ability, that is perfectly ok, but that isnt what his email implied.

No that is what the email implied. Only the cancel culture crowd doesn’t understand that lol.

Sam wasn’t good enough to be drafted. Hence why they had to “pressure” a team to do so. If he was a good football player the league wouldn’t need to pressure anyone into being drafted.

Correct he didn't have an issue with Sam...from an article regarding emails...although using the term "f^ggot" and "queers" says it all

In the emails, Gruden called the league’s commissioner, Roger Goodell, a “f^ggot” and a “clueless anti football *****” and said that Goodell should not have pressured Jeff Fisher, then the coach of the Rams, to draft “queers,” a reference to Michael Sam, a gay player chosen by the team in 2014.

This was 10 years ago man. How can you hold that against him? A completely different world than we are in now.

There is a Netflix show called queer eye. But now queer is an offensive word? Why is no one cancelling Netflix for using such an offensive word?

This was 10 years ago man. How can you hold that against him? A completely different world than we are in now.

There is a Netflix show called queer eye. But now queer is an offensive word? Why is no one cancelling Netflix for using such an offensive word?

IT was in 2014, that isnt 10 years ago and it isnt ancient history. Gruden was a grown man at the time. Also, as I have pointed out, it wasnt just one email that got him fired, it was all of them.

Queer isnt offensive in and of itself, but it most certainly can be offensive, which isnt different from any other words.

No that is what the email implied. Only the cancel culture crowd doesn’t understand that lol.

Sam wasn’t good enough to be drafted. Hence why they had to “pressure” a team to do so. If he was a good football player the league wouldn’t need to pressure anyone into being drafted.

Wasnt good enough to be drafted based on what? He was the SEC defensive player of the year. When is the last time the SEC defensive player of the year went undrafted? I get he didnt have all the measurables, but he was certainly worth taking a late round flyer on. And again, Fisher says he was not pressured into it, so either Fisher or Gruden is lying, I dont know which one.

IT was in 2014, that isnt 10 years ago and it isnt ancient history. Gruden was a grown man at the time. Also, as I have pointed out, it wasnt just one email that got him fired, it was all of them.

Queer isnt offensive in and of itself, but it most certainly can be offensive, which isnt different from any other words.

Once again, showing the double standard that exist. “Words aren’t offensive unless I find them offensive”.

The world isn’t going to operate around what your feelings are. The quicker we all learn this the better.

Wasnt good enough to be drafted based on what? He was the SEC defensive player of the year. When is the last time the SEC defensive player of the year went undrafted? I get he didnt have all the measurables, but he was certainly worth taking a late round flyer on. And again, Fisher says he was not pressured into it, so either Fisher or Gruden is lying, I dont know which one.

He was cut before the season started. That’s what it’s based on lol

Yeah totally expect Jeff Fisher to back up Gruden after watching this hit job go down LOL.

Agree with you...I'm not holding it against him...just saying those words do still offend some..when it suits their agenda I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back