Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not a workplace issue unless the Texans contracted with the masseuses to provide their player a massage. And if so, then the burden is on the masseuse to prove notification yo management of harassment, and the Texans have to had MOT follow their protocol.

It is a workplace issue.

They don't need to have contacted them. Watson did as an employee of the Texans. The team was aware he was doing this and provided a hotel room. When they found out women were complaining, instead of dealing with it the provided him an NDA to protect him.

As for "then the burden is on the masseuse to prove notification yo management of harassment" this is 100% WRONG. I don't even know where you would get that from.

I know you super badly want to believe Watson and the Texans did nothing wrong but that is how the law works.

Which is why Watson is settling with them out of court.

It is a workplace issue.

They don't need to have contacted them. Watson did as an employee of the Texans. The team was aware he was doing this and provided a hotel room. When they found out women were complaining, instead of dealing with it the provided him an NDA to protect him.

As for "then the burden is on the masseuse to prove notification yo management of harassment" this is 100% WRONG. I don't even know where you would get that from.

I know you super badly want to believe Watson and the Texans did nothing wrong but that is how the law works.

I’ve said a thousand times IDGAF about Watson. So get that out of the way.

If the Texans provided the room and required an NDA, then that at best is an “implied” contract and subject to being proven. But the Texans are not liable for private behavior off Watson. If the Texans failed to address a provable complaint of their employee tgat THEY paid for the services, then there’s sn issue. And IF the masseuses signed an NDA, that binds them to the terms of the NDA. So it is NOT a workplace issue unless there is a contract.

it’s an interesting situation, but honestly the ONLY reason Buzbee is going after them is for a settlement from the Texans to make this go away. He’ll very likely go up to NFL next to move up the chain of deeper and deeper pockets. Ridiculous greaseball justice for a very stupid situation.

I can't believe the Brownstains guaranteed him $48,000,000. There has to be some stipulations in that contract. Those clowns are idiots. Can you imagine the signs at every game he plays at? Lawd!

Craziest deal ever…it will change the qb landscape all for deshaun watson?

I think the worst part about all this is that Watson expected sexual favors from these ladies and never even bought them a fancy like dinner at Applebees.

It is a workplace issue.

we can agree to disagree. It is NOT a workplace issue. An employer is liable for its workplace for its employees. Unless the masseuses contracted with the Texans they aren't liable. That's why there's only ONE cases that is claiming this.

Buzbee advised clients to settle because it's guaranteed money. You don't settle if you are certain of your case.

And I don't care about Watson. I care about due process. It is THE LAW that I care about, and keeping it front and center when witch hunt/ lynch mob hyper-judgemental come after individual's livelihood.

we can agree to disagree. It is NOT a workplace issue. An employer is liable for its workplace for its employees. Unless the masseuses contracted with the Texans they aren't liable. That's why there's only ONE cases that is claiming this.

Buzbee advised clients to settle because it's guaranteed money. You don't settle if you are certain of your case.

And I don't care about Watson. I care about due process. It is THE LAW that I care about, and keeping it front and center when witch hunt/ lynch mob hyper-judgemental come after individual's livelihood.

There's only been one case filed so far, but the total number of cases that will be filed hasn't been determined. The Texans participation in Watson's activities can be interpreted as enabling his behavior, by supplying NDAs and hotel accommodations.

I don't know what the final outcome of this will be, but it's now apparent that Watson's employer was aware of the situation. Rather than discourage Watson, the Texans chose to use company assets to support his behavior. That most certainly makes the Texans liable, and I'm sure we'll hear a lot more about it before this is done.

There's only been one case filed so far, but the total number of cases that will be filed hasn't been determined. The Texans participation in Watson's activities can be interpreted as enabling his behavior, by supplying NDAs and hotel accommodations.

I don't know what the final outcome of this will be, but it's now apparent that Watson's employer was aware of the situation. Rather than discourage Watson, the Texans chose to use company assets to support his behavior. That most certainly makes the Texans liable, and I'm sure we'll hear a lot more about it before this is done.
Supplying an NDA does NOT make them liable or complicit. with the activities tgat occurred.

there has to be a contract between Texans and masseuses. There’s an outside chance buzbee argues “implied contract”. But unlikely to win. The Texans play is to settle to keep the PR down and the story to go away. It’s a money grab.

Supplying an NDA does NOT make them liable or complicit. with the activities tgat occurred.

there has to be a contract between Texans and masseuses. There’s an outside chance buzbee argues “implied contract”. But unlikely to win. The Texans play is to settle to keep the PR down and the story to go away. It’s a money grab.
It always has been a money grab. To my knowledge, none of these happy enders went straight to the police and filed a grievance. I may be wrong about that, but I haven't heard it, Watson being a perv aside.

I agree its a money grab but I also think a reasonable jury could be convienced that the cows are partially liable... to what extent - I dont know

I also dont know if that is a thing in this situation, but if so cows would be grabbing their checkbook if I was on jury

Is that a Bloodhound Gang reference?
I know my BHG pretty well, that one doesn’t ring any bells.
Although it is a known fact, lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.

I thought of Talladega nights, the will Ferrell racing movie.

The Texans can be liable even without a contract between them and the masseuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back