Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Seriously...I'm acutally mad that I have to be at work right now. I didn't realize it until I saw the commercials run...

Anyone? Starkiller? :super: :nana3:

I didn't either. I like all the other superhero stuff, but I'm kind of blah with superman. Seems too easy, too simple.

Maybe I'll really like the movie and change my mind.

I think it's because I don't like the idea of the perfect hero being someone from another planet that has to save us. The whole "needs the light to shine the way" thing is a little much.

I can't believe people are so stupid that glasses is all that is needed to fool them from Superman to Clark Kent. I mean seriously.

There was an old SNL skit that was about Superman's office. Whenever he left everyone made fun of him for trying to fool them. It was great.

I'm going tonight. I'm excited to see it. I've heard it's good but maybe not great, but I hope it can jumpstart the series like Spiderman and Batman Begins did.

GoTitans3801 said:
I think it's because I don't like the idea of the perfect hero being someone from another planet that has to save us. The whole "needs the light to shine the way" thing is a little much.
Well, they usually only need super-heroes to stop super-villians...

The thing about Superman.....

3801 got it right...it's too easy. There's nothing about him that's engaging....we don't care for him like other heroes because he doesn't have any faults or challenges.
This is where DC comics failed, and Marvel excelled.
Batman was very hard to warm up to until this last venture with Christian Bale. Really, who here can relate to a billionaire recluse who can't get over a simple tragedy like a mugging? The original comics, TV shows or Tim Burton movies couldn't portray him as a tortured psychotic vigilante.
Marvel comic heroes (I've said this before, I'm sure) have major flaws that we can identify with and care about the characters. Spiderman is a high-school dork who is plagued with guilt and hates being a hero; David Banner is always on the run from the military; Daredevil is blind; the X-men can't get along together; Iron Man is an alcoholic, etc, etc...
Superman was the first big superhero, and the fact is that he's just too dang super.
The "Smallville" series helped us to identify with him, and that got me fairly engaged with him. I'm not rushing out to the theater, but I hope that the industry has learned this point well enough that a modern writer can keep it interesting. I would have no interest at all if it weren't for the fact that Kevin Spacey is starring as Lex Luther.
Gene Hackman's Lex Luther was an absolute, godawful turd. There's nothing "evil" about a fat greying guy in a leisure suit walking around calling himself a "criminal mastermind". The fact that that phrase even entered the scrip was repulsive. If it shows up in this new movie, I'm prayin' to J that it's used as an inside joke, much the same way that "I'm the Juggernaut, B***h!" was used in X-3.

Avvie "Peter Parker is just as interesting as Spiderman" Hughes

im not too high on superman im more geeked on spiderman 3. the teaser trailer they have up is awesome. Venom , Sandman , Hobgoblin , TBA. Great villans. Hopefully they last one will be Carnage! oooo yeah

only thing that is gonna be weird about this movie is how in gods name is Topher Grace going to play Venom?

529-550x-155652493_f8699e0fb5_o.jpg

venom2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back