Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked this up on Amazon.

supermax.jpg

Max Fleischer is awesome! The cartoons (all produced between 1940 and 1943) look and feel like mini-animated film noirs starring Superman. As a bonus the thing is dirt cheap, I paid $8.99 or something.

Starkiller said:
Seriously, what's the problem with flying? What part of superhero don't people get???

Isn't Superman flying a relatively new thing? I recall initially that "he could leap tall buildings in a single bound" rather than just flat out fly.

Yes, originally he couldn't fly, just jump really high/far. Not sure when that changed, but then I was a kid during the Christopher Reeve days...

Still haven't seen superman, but I saw Dead Man's Chest... very long, no ending, still pretty entertaining. Depp couldn't be playing that character sober... but jokes about rum still get me every time.

Flash is unstoppable. No matter what you do, he can speed up his molecules and get out of any mess. And I believe he beat Superman in a race too. In my opinion he's more powerful than Superman. And should have been running justice league. If I rember correctly too, Flash was one of the first Justice leaguers and Superman and Batman joined a little later. Flash was just way ahead of his time. A true Superhero from day one.

Pirates Of The Caribean 2 outshined and outclassed this movie. Only Kevin Spacey and the effects saved this movie from below mediocrity...

Here is a summary of Flash vs. superman.

Race 1 - 3 times around the world - result - tie.
Crime lords bet on the race so Superman and Flash decided to tie.

Race 2 - to the universe and back - result - Undetermined
Due to relativity, different angles revealed different winners. Race was actually littered with traps as Reverse Flash set up a trap for Flash. But he still finishes the race when Green Lantern warns him. Superman runs into a kryptonite meteor and is slowed.

Race 3 - around two galaxies - result - Flash
Race to save earth. Superman conceding that “on this world,” the Flash was indeed the fastest man alive! Flash saves superman from Zod, and crawls thru the desert to save the earth before superman does.

Race 4 - To the end of time - result - Flash
Flash is the first to realize that the time travellers (who have been causing problems) could only travel forward thru time, and thus he leads them to the the dawn of time. Superman is recruited by the Times travelers to stop Flash. But can't do it. Eventually he joins Flash.

Race 5 - Race Track around the World - Result - Flash by inches
Mxyzptlk gives superman an out if he races Wally West *Kid Flash, Mxyzptlk bets on Superman and loses.

Race 6 - Outrace the pull of a Blackhole - Result - Flash
Aliens want to race a Human, otherwise the world will be destroyed. Superman agrees Flash is faster. Flash wins race.

Race 7 - Race afround the world - result - Flash
Superman has now lost to Kid Flash, and Flash, and now wants to challenge original Human Flash. Kid Flash also shows up due to ego. Kid Flash comes in third due to aging spell. So Orginal Flash steals Kid Flashes speed, and wins.

Race 8 - Around the World - result - Flash.
Flash is pissed at Justice League cause they called him in for no good reason, he had to leave his wife, and now goes to find her, so the justice league wants to chase him down. Superman is called in. Flash beats superman to his apartment, and when superman gets there, Flash has a heart to heart with Clark Kent about woman and superman's life.

Reverse Flash: Basically some dude worshipped Flash and discovered his treadmill, traveled in time to meet him, but went to far, and found out he was dead when he discovered the Flash museum. The museum revealed that the dude turned into Flashes arch enemy. Not believing it, he became psychologically bent and works as a profiler for the fbi. He gets into an accident and becomes paralyzed from the waist down. So he wants the third flash to go to the flash museum in the future, get on flashes treadmill, go back in time, and change his paralyzation. Third Flash (West) refuses. Deciding that West won't help him because he has never suffered a tradgedy, he kills Wests wife. And thusly tries to kill him during the race until green lantern gets involved.

He gets his powers when he tries to use Flashes Treadmill himself, but it explodes, and caught in a time warp he is now connected to time. Some say that flash broke his neck when he tried to kill his second wife. Some say he disappeared into time.

160px-Rival_Clariss.png

Green Lantern: He got his powers when he found a dying alien (who was dedicated to saving the universe ) and the alien gave him a powerful ring. The ring is considered to be the most powerful weapon of all superheroes. Whatever the will of the wielder it will do, like form green energy shields and walls, fire green energy blasts, and what not. Everything is green. He is powerless against anything colored yellow due to an impurity in the ring. He was the first selfish superhero and the first to have a family. He eventually went insane when superman dies and starts killing people.

Flash was charter member of the justice league, and Green lantern was one of the first five to join. He tries to hook up with hawk girl, but she breaks up with him in favor of hawkman, who eventually begins to stalk hawkgirl when he realizes she still loved the green lantern.

hal-gl2.png

Basic timeline:
1377 Robin Hood born
1431 Dracula Born
1790 Zorro Born
1888 Tarzan born
1896 Montgomery Burns Born (simpsons)
1899 Indiana Jones Born
1907 Amanda Kreuger born (Freddy's mom)
1910 Batman Born
1921 Eeyore Born
1922 Flash Born