Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted that it's just 1 game.

He needs at least until Week 4 and if he's playing at a mediocre to below mediocre I say you pull him in favor of Levis.

Don't see how anyone can defend him after today.

3 INTS, 2 missed TDS or super long gains to Chig and Spears. Not to mention how he can't get rid of the ball when the play breaks down.

Have a competent QB today and we win. Same goes for our sack fest against the Bengals.

Agree with this stance 100%.

He's basically be giving up the season to throw a young QB in the fire to find out what he's got.
Vrabel hasn’t won a regular season game since last November. If the Titans are 2-4 at the bye and Tanny doesn’t dramatically improve, why not see what else you have at QB?

Vrabel will be feeling the heat and I can’t see any reason he wouldn’t look at other options.

Vrabel hasn’t won a regular season game since last November. If the Titans are 2-4 at the bye and Tanny doesn’t dramatically improve, why not see what else you have at QB?

Vrabel will be feeling the heat and I can’t see any reason he wouldn’t look at other options.

I'm sure he doesn't care about last year. They're 0-1 this season.

While I agree if Tannehill doesn't get it together, it may be time to see what the youngsters have... but I just don't see Vrabel thinking that way.

Who wants to bet Hopkins will demand a trade this season?

How he picked to play with Tanny is beyond me, regardless of the money.

I'm sure he doesn't care about last year. They're 0-1 this season.

While I agree if Tannehill doesn't get it together, it may be time to see what the youngsters have... but I just don't see Vrabel thinking that way.

I have no doubt that Vrabel doesn't care about last year. But given how the same complaints we all had today were the SAME issues that we were griping about ALL of last season, that's a significant problem whether he cares about it or not. Given the flux of personnel and schemes over the off-season, it highlights that the issue may in fact be what WAS consistent from season to season, the OL, the QB, and the head coach.

But obviously, as Titans fans, I know we would all prefer to be 5-1 at the bye week and have all of this week 1 chatter be meaningless. Fingers crossed.

He’s got a couple games and as long as TN is in the division race, he’s the best on the roster.
He’d have to repeat these kind of performances for a couple weeks to force rookie and other mostly rookie in.

I know you don’t want to start the season with a QB controversy but Tannehill needed to be benched even if it was for just a drive.

I know you don’t want to start the season with a QB controversy but Tannehill needed to be benched even if it was for just a drive.
A better choice would have been to just take a drive and hand the ball off. Take the ball out of his hands for a few plays, the running game was working for the most part too.

one noticeable piece of his bad INT was that he was hit on 2. Probably holding the ball too long.
The 3rd INT to Moore was just an awful call by the refs. Clear PI on 2 occasions, same throw.

A better choice would have been to just take a drive and hand the ball off. Take the ball out of his hands for a few plays, the running game was working for the most part too.

one noticeable piece of his bad INT was that he was hit on 2. Probably holding the ball too long.
The 3rd INT to Moore was just an awful call by the refs. Clear PI on 2 occasions, same throw.
at least T17 had practiced handing the ball off in the exhibition season... well 3 snaps anyways

Someone earlier made reference to a leash.. You watch next game he will be on such a short leash he will be lucky to throw for more than 125 yards, but probably no picks. In other words just don't turn the ball over, and limit your options.

I don't think anyone needs to over react after week 1. Two years ago they got blown out at home by the Cardinals, and finished with 12 wins (not that i expect 12 wins this year). I also don't understand why Vrabel refuses to play some of these guys in the preseason. Today was worse than usual for sure, but Tannehill, and the offense in general seems off almost every opener, and most of them dont play at all in the preseason. Not real sure why you wouldn't get the starters at least a few possessions with each other during the preseason.

Someone earlier made reference to a leash.. You watch next game he will be on such a short leash he will be lucky to throw for more than 125 yards, but probably no picks. In other words just don't turn the ball over, and limit your options.
That’s a great strategy and often works for victories.
He should have a short leash but he should always prevent turnovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back