Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Levis is horrible man. If we think he's the future then we have more problems than QB

Based on what?

You actually have no way of knowing that. Some internet narrative maybe, which was the exact same about Josh Allen btw, but it’s not based on his play. He hasn’t had any.

Depends hownthe next few games go, but i dont see us magically doing anything different because that would mean Vrabel does a complete 180 and we know he aint changing shit with how he runs the show. That schedule doesn't look so good for us the next few weeks

One game. Less than 6% of season. We don’t make playoffs with Willis or Levi’s “learning”. I think when playoffs less likely, injury to RT17, or game out of hand we go with Levis.
Ok so we do that and make the playoff because of our weak division and our defense.

Then what ?get kill in the playoffs and tanny having another mental breakdown.

Is that really what we want ?

Based on what?

You actually have no way of knowing that. Some internet narrative maybe, which was the exact same about Josh Allen btw, but it’s not based on his play. He hasn’t had any.
He did lose the backup job to a squirrel. That doesn’t speak too highly for Levis

Except the draft history recently with them is terrible.
I would love a quality OL/ starter but they sure have busted with them lately.

How ? Them? 1 guy ? Isiah Wilson 3 years ago by a GM who isn’t here anymore. Most of the OL guys from prior years ended up being very good if not great. How do we just remember 1 guy? You have to let that pick go. It sucked, it was stupid, JRob got fired.

He did lose the backup job to a squirrel. That doesn’t speak too highly for Levis

We really don’t know why he was the 3rd QB. It may not be because he lost anything. He was hurt.

But, That’s also what happened to Josh Allen. He got beat out as starter to Nathan Peterman. He lost the backup job to AJ McCarron. Only because McCarron got traded did he move up. He was the starter not long after and had problems all year. We are not going to know till we play theses guys for longer than a game or a half.

Ok so we do that and make the playoff because of our weak division and our defense.

Then what ?get kill in the playoffs and tanny having another mental breakdown.

Is that really what we want ?

yes- anything can happen in the playoffs. And we don’t want a culture of “losing now to win later”. Those guys won’t ever win. They’ll quit when it gets tough v

How ? Them? 1 guy ? Isiah Wilson 3 years ago by a GM who isn’t here anymore. Most of the OL guys from prior years ended up being very good if not great. How do we just remember 1 guy? You have to let that pick go. It sucked, it was stupid, JRob got fired.
That’s overlooking quite a bit.
I agree with the approach to spend too draft capital in OL but to say Wilson was the only miss removes wasted 2nd rounders and later. I’d argue that OL is probably the group of positions most likely to have later selection success too, at least to a serviceable status.

titans have a couple with a chance still to prove themselves but Radunz and NPF.

skorosnski seems the part, but it’s been 1 game. Nate Davis was the last OL draft pick that appeared to be starter worthy and he had a slow start. He also got paid a bit to leave.
Before him, maybe Levin? He’s still hanging around but not a starter, then it’s Conklin.

Levis is horrible man. If we think he's the future then we have more problems than QB
That point can go both ways. I've seen QBs ball out at the college level only to suck/play considerably worst at the pro level, also there have been QBs at the college level playing meh that get the the pros and have a successful career, maybe not elite each time but play past a second contract. Fact is with Levis yes his last year in college was not great but we don't know what he can do at the NFL level. We need to find out, we seen Willis at the NFL level, warrant he has improved from last year and should get another look as well. Listen the egg is rotten with Tanny and it's time to throw it away it's over he's done that is apparent and has been for 2 years now. We need to see what we got in the young guys.

We really don’t know why he was the 3rd QB. It may not be because he lost anything. He was hurt.

But, That’s also what happened to Josh Allen. He got beat out as starter to Nathan Peterman. He lost the backup job to AJ McCarron. Only because McCarron got traded did he move up. He was the starter not long after and had problems all year. We are not going to know till we play theses guys for longer than a game or a half.
I don’t think there’s anything that says Levis is showing signs of startdom or anything. I also want to give benefit of the doubt and see what he can do. personally, I think he has a little more promise than Willis, but that doesn’t speak very high.

if things continue like they did week 1, we’ll get our chance to see 1 or the other around mid-season.

I think he get until the bye week unless he has another performance like he did yesterday. Definitely not encouraging. If we are 1-5, which I think is realistic; then it might be time to tank for the first pick and try for Caleb Williams
Was Willis just looking ahead two years to be the tank commander and get Caleb??

I we didn't take Levis id say yes but we took him, it's time to see what we got in Willis or Levis at this point. If they stink oh well then we get a high pick, Williams is off the table but maybe Sanders? Or the guy from Texas.
its now a 3 QB roster... 100% could draft a QB next draft

I think it really depends on the goals for the season.

In a sense we are in a pickle just based on how bad the AFCS is. If we had the Bills, Jets, or Chiefs in our division, I think you pull the trigger and start playing Levis or Willis ASAP. However, 9 wins might win the AFCS, and there's a pretty solid chance Tannehill gets you to 9 wins. But realistically, you are prolonging the rebuild for a moral victory at that point.

Personally, I think if Tannehill throws an ugly pick next week, you pull him and don't look back. The Oline isn't good enough for him to even reach his ceiling of slightly above average. Dude is having 'Nam flashbacks in the pocket.

I think the real question is what would it take for Vrabel to make a change.

I really want to lose a few more to finally move on and gets this nightmare over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back