Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it really depends on the goals for the season.

In a sense we are in a pickle just based on how bad the AFCS is. If we had the Bills, Jets, or Chiefs in our division, I think you pull the trigger and start playing Levis or Willis ASAP. However, 9 wins might win the AFCS, and there's a pretty solid chance Tannehill gets you to 9 wins. But realistically, you are prolonging the rebuild for a moral victory at that point.

Personally, I think if Tannehill throws an ugly pick next week, you pull him and don't look back. The Oline isn't good enough for him to even reach his ceiling of slightly above average. Dude is having 'Nam flashbacks in the pocket.
You play….to win…..the game.
-Coach Edwards

Be careful what you wish for
Yeah, what did mettenberger get TN?
We’ve done the experiment of throwing trash out there. We “tanked” for Mariota.
The result was like 99% of “tanks”.

the rare occasion the tanking seemed to work (can’t confirm they tanked) was Luck (literally) and can easily be attributed coincidence much more so than the idea of tanking working.

3 years in a row Tanney does not really play in the preseason and 3 ugly opening games in an L. He seems to need preseason. It is just one game but he was terrible yesterday. Not using Derrick Henry in a field goal game is criminal.

You play….to win…..the game.
-Coach Edwards
f1d247_083470297e1548a1b48f87598052c7a0~mv2.jpg

That’s overlooking quite a bit.
I agree with the approach to spend too draft capital in OL but to say Wilson was the only miss removes wasted 2nd rounders and later. I’d argue that OL is probably the group of positions most likely to have later selection success too, at least to a serviceable status.

titans have a couple with a chance still to prove themselves but Radunz and NPF.

skorosnski seems the part, but it’s been 1 game. Nate Davis was the last OL draft pick that appeared to be starter worthy and he had a slow start. He also got paid a bit to leave.
Before him, maybe Levin? He’s still hanging around but not a starter, then it’s Conklin.

I was only talking about 1st rounders. However, new GM. I’m not painting him with the same brush.

The loss is squarely on the QB. No way around it
Easiest target to blame and definitely pulled the most noticeable errors.

In a 1 point game, there are many things that could have changed the outcome to a victory even with THill replicating his game.

for starters, the blown fumble call and the blown DPI call that resulted in a INT.

handing the ball off to Henry in the second half.

a HC going for it on 4th vice kicking the FG.

a secondary that stops a third and long to give their offense a chance.

a catch by 1st round WR.

1 point game can be changed with 1 play.

edit: I recognize there will definitely be stupid people to come attack THill more to me because of this post. I will point out now, that nothing I’ve said, although true, is defense for THill.

needed the edit, some people are incapable of understanding this.

Easiest target to blame and definitely pulled the most noticeable errors.

In a 1 point game, there are many things that could have changed the outcome to a victory even with THill replicating his game.

for starters, the blown fumble call and the blown DPI call that resulted in a INT.

handing the ball off to Henry in the second half.

a HC going for it on 4th vice kicking the FG.

a secondary that stops a third and long to give their offense a chance.

a catch by 1st round WR.

1 point game can be changed with 1 play.

edit: I recognize there will definitely be stupid people to come attack THill more to me because of this post. I will point out now, that nothing I’ve said, although true, is defense for THill.

needed the edit, some people are incapable of understanding this.

HurrayTitans you're one of the best posters on here and I respect you, but this game is solely placed on Giraffe neck who wears #17.

Had we had a competent QB, we win this game easily.

It's not just the awful 3 INTS by that QB who wears #17, but it also boils down to the wide open TD to Chig and the possible TD to Spears. He literally missed them both.

There's no defending the Giraffe here Bro.

Based on what?

You actually have no way of knowing that. Some internet narrative maybe, which was the exact same about Josh Allen btw, but it’s not based on his play. He hasn’t had any.
I watched him play quite a bit when he was in college. I’m not pretending to be an NFL talent evaluator… he threw a lot of bad interceptions and he tended to make bad decisions under pressure. So that’s what I’m basing it on

HurrayTitans you're one of the best posters on here and I respect you, but this game is solely placed on Giraffe neck who wears #17.

Had we had a competent QB, we win this game easily.

It's not just the awful 3 INTS by that QB who wears #17, but it also boils down to the wide open TD to Chig and the possible TD to Spears. He literally missed them both.

There's no defending the Giraffe here Bro.
Glad I made that edit at the end then.
not defending him.

pointing out the numerous individual things that could have changed the outcome of a 1 point game.

The defense deserves zero blame for the loss. 9 teams held their opponent to 16 points or less in yesterday’s games. Those teams went 8-1. Yep, we are the one.

Tannehill sucked and deserves all the criticism that he’s getting. But, Vrabel and Kelly are just as, if not more so, responsible for the loss. It’s like they both got really high at halftime and forgot what they were supposed to be doing. And the refs. Vrabel, Kelly, and whoever blew that whistle deserve to be publicly excoriated for their stupidity.

The loss is squarely on the QB. No way around it
T17 did not jump for that TD pass to kickstand
T17 dropped that third down conversion to burks
T17 kept getting blown backward into the QB nurffing the passing lanes
T17 benched DH22
T17 decided to kick that late FG instead of going for 4th and 5
T17 failed to call defensive holding and PI at the 5 yard line resulting in a deflected INT
T17 did not have a great game... but he was not alone

The defense deserves zero blame for the loss. 9 teams held their opponent to 16 points or less in yesterday’s games. Those teams went 8-1. Yep, we are the one.

Tannehill sucked and deserves all the criticism that he’s getting. But, Vrabel and Kelly are just as, if not more so, responsible for the loss. It’s like they both got really high at halftime and forgot what they were supposed to be doing. And the refs. Vrabel, Kelly, and whoever blew that whistle deserve to be publicly excoriated for their stupidity.

Unfair to count points against our defense after that block punt TBH.

THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back