Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
As I look over the Titans roster, one position stands out to me as a great weakness that no one is really talking about. That's right guard. While Jones (#2 C), Saffold (#6 G), Lewan (#11 T) and even Kelly (#30 T) had excellent years, Nate Davis (#73 G) was one of the worst guards in all of football last year. With terrible grades in both run blocking and pass protection, I'm really wondering if Davis should be considered the defacto starter for 2020.

Right now our other options are the atrocious Jamil Douglas, practice squader Daniel Munyer and former XFL Guard Avery Gennessy. Yikes.

As I look over the Titans roster, one position stands out to me as a great weakness that no one is really talking about. That's right guard. While Jones (#2 C), Saffold (#6 G), Lewan (#11 T) and even Kelly (#30 T) had excellent years, Nate Davis (#73 G) was one of the worst guards in all of football last year. With terrible grades in both run blocking and pass protection, I'm really wondering if Davis should be considered the defacto starter for 2020.

Right now our other options are the atrocious Jamil Douglas, practice squader Daniel Munyer and former XFL Guard Avery Gennessy. Yikes.

Thise are horrible options

Guard in the first

No he isn’t....He got bullied a good part of the season. Take Isaiah Wilson, kick him to guard or grab another guard early to compete...

I think there are going to be some good OT/OG prospects available day 2. Would LOVE to get big St. Johns OL Ben Bartch in the 3rd.

No, he is one of the reasons I have said that JR has a blind spot at OL.
Disagree. Jrob did a great job signing Lewan, Jones, Saffold and Kelly.

Or do you mean in the draft specifically? It's true that he has yet to draft a decent OL outside of Conklin who is no longer with us.

Disagree. Jrob did a great job signing Lewan, Jones, Saffold and Kelly.

Or do you mean in the draft specifically? It's true that he has yet to draft a decent OL outside of Conklin who is no longer with us.
Yes, he doesn’t seem to draft them or sign decent ones form FA. Kelly in trade was decent. The Klein’s of the world and the crap drafted ones are what I am talking about.

Ty Sambbrailo was signed as the swing guy who has played OT and OG before.

Davis was a rookie and was hurt in training camp...he improved as the season went on...

Ah, give a raw rookie time to pan out.

He was garbage at first, but he did vastly improve his play, especially in the run game. Has the much needed experience under his belt (including a deep playoff run). He definitely needs to work on his pass protection though.

Davis will be fine.

Robert Hunt is a guy the Titans had a virtual visit with....I think he projects more as an OG in the pros....a later rnd guy to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back