Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think our staff really likes nate davis and really likes Kelly as well or we wouldn't have spent a 3rd rd pick on nate and we wouldn't have given kelly 8 million per year. We aren't touching oline on the 1st 2 days of the draft. Bet money on it.(not moolah, real money)

I could see us targeting a guy like Charlottes Cameron Clark on day 3 though for sure. That's how Much i think our FO likes Nate Davis. Enough to go get his old teammate and let him take over kellys old role.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think our staff really likes nate davis and really likes Kelly as well or we wouldn't have spent a 3rd rd pick on nate and we wouldn't have given kelly 8 million per year. We aren't touching oline on the 1st 2 days of the draft. Bet money on it.(not moolah, real money)

I could see us targeting a guy like Charlottes Cameron Clark on day 3 though for sure. That's how Much i think our FO likes Nate Davis. Enough to go get his old teammate and let him take over kellys old role.
The issue for me is not Kelly or Nate....the issue is both of them starting together. We draft a legitimate starting OL, and then that will puss Nate and Kelly to elevate their game. Cant see them starting together on the line. Our biggest weakness is there not the defensive backfield, we're not desperate there....we have a hole, but can easily be filled in with a 3rd round CB....that position is deep in this years drat. You can't allow your right side of the line regress and impact the running game. That's our strength and allows Tanny to excel.

The issue for me is not Kelly or Nate....the issue is both of them starting together. We draft a legitimate starting OL, and then that will puss Nate and Kelly to elevate their game. Cant see them starting together on the line. Our biggest weakness is there not the defensive backfield, we're not desperate there....we have a hole, but can easily be filled in with a 3rd round CB....that position is deep in this years drat. You can't allow your right side of the line regress and impact the running game. That's our strength and allows Tanny to excel.

Kelly has always been just as good if not better than Conklin for us. Davis will get better. We'll be fine.

The holes on our defense are way more pressing needs.

But 4real though, are these ugly ass uniforms really the answer for us? With our colors, we have potential to have such amazing jerseys. I just watched the Chargers unveil their new unis and im so fckin jealous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kelly has always been just good as good if not better than Conklin for us. Davis will get better. We'll be fine.

The holes on our defense are way more pressing needs.

But 4real though, are these ugly ass uniforms really the answer for us? With our colors, we have potential to have such amazing jerseys. I just watched the Chargers unveil their new unis and im so fckin jealous.
Jeff gladney with our first pick? The argument here is value....I have him rated late 2nd. From 29 down to 60 all CB are virtually around the same level and working projects. Why waste a legitimate number one OL pic, when you can pic up a CB value pic in round 2 or 3? Makes no sense.

Jeff gladney with our first pick? The argument here is value....I have him rated late 2nd. From 29 down to 60 all CB are virtually around the same level and working projects. Why waste a legitimate number one OL pic, when you can pic up a CB value pic in round 2 or 3? Makes no sense.

Hell no, definitely not gladney at 29.

Ross Blacklock, Jordan Elliot or AJ Epenesa at 29. Jaylon Johnson, Damon Arnette or Cam Dantzler at 61.

Kelley is a question mark for a full season but I really see Jones as the guy that we need upgraded.

I also want to see Saffold perform for 16 games. He also started weak last year.

Kelley is a question mark for a full season but I really see Jones as the guy that we need upgraded.

I also want to see Saffold perform for 16 games. He also started weak last year.

The whole team started weak last year. The line was really good as a whole from week 6 on. Lewan coming back, the line forming chemistry, Henry, and Tannehill were all reasons for this, but there is no reason to panic about the line right now. They were one of the strongest parts of our team last year, and like is said, Kelly is just as good as Conk was at RT. There's no reason to think our line will just fall apart after the way we ended the season. I mean Derrick Henry didn't get all those yards in the playoffs on his own.

Hell no, definitely not gladney at 29.

Ross Blacklock, Jordan Elliot or AJ Epenesa at 29. Jaylon Johnson, Damon Arnette or Cam Dantzler at 61.

Hard pass on Elliot. I like Epenesa, but I don't feel like Edge is as important as interior DL. Blacklock makes more sense.

I don't think Jaylon Johnson lasts to 61. I don't know that he makes it out of the 1st round.

I will be shocked, if we don't draft OL with our first selection. Nate and Kelly starting together? I just cant see that happening. We draft a monster OL, and keep pounding the ball with Henry.

With reports on T's going heavy in the 1st, I could see this. One of the newest mocks has us taking Isaiah Wilson at 29. That seems like a bit of reach. I do like Wilson quite a bit, though I was wanting him in the 2nd round.

Dude improve alot in about half a season there no reason to believe the development won't continue.

Rashad Evans had the same issue in his rookie season he miss training camp and play bad to being with but now look at him.

Nate Davis was a rookie on an offensive line who blocked for the league leading rusher.. He did a great job as a rookie especially once our offense started forming that chemistry in the middle of the year. He's 22 years old, and he can only get better. Yes, as of now, he is undoubtedly the future RG of this team.

Chill out folks...have some faith in our young guys. Stop being so damn pessimistic all the time.

The real question should be when tf are we going to trash the ugly ass new unis.

Nate Davis was one of the lowest graded OL in the entire league in 2019. At various points in the season, he was PFF's worst graded OL in the NFL. He can only get better is probably true, because it's almost impossible he can get any worse.

We can do better.

Dude improve alot in about half a season there no reason to believe the development won't continue.

Rashad Evans had the same issue in his rookie season he miss training camp and play bad to being with but now look at him.
Yea Rashaan had similar struggles early and look at him now.

Camp matters ppl

I'd bet real money you are wrong. We've met with several OL. JRobs history shows a pretty clear trend with meetings and what positions we are likely to take. 1st pick (whether it's 1st round or trade out to the 2nd round) will likely be either CB or DL. Our next 2 picks are likely to be whatever we don't draft in round 1 and OL.

I'd bet real money you are wrong. We've met with several OL. JRobs history shows a pretty clear trend with meetings and what positions we are likely to take. 1st pick (whether it's 1st round or trade out to the 2nd round) will likely be either CB or DL. Our next 2 picks are likely to be whatever we don't draft in round 1 and OL.
Tooks Evans after no meetings i think

The whole team started weak last year. The line was really good as a whole from week 6 on. Lewan coming back, the line forming chemistry, Henry, and Tannehill were all reasons for this, but there is no reason to panic about the line right now. They were one of the strongest parts of our team last year, and like is said, Kelly is just as good as Conk was at RT. There's no reason to think our line will just fall apart after the way we ended the season. I mean Derrick Henry didn't get all those yards in the playoffs on his own.
Need a couple depth guys at least.
I’m absolutely NOT and advocate for taking OL 1st round. I still see pass rusher as a need. DL in general can still use help.

I see OL as the next biggest need.
I don’t think CB or WR (both mentioned too much) are pieces that need draft picks used.
Backup QB really hasn’t been addressed either and is K settled?

Yea Rashaan had similar struggles early and look at him now.

Camp matters ppl
There's no way we let Davis and Kelly start together. All CB at 29 down to 60 are working projects. OL is a lock in the first, maybe CB in the second, but I would bet DL then CB. Why waist a high prospect pic in the first, and pic a CB that you can get same value in the 3rd?

Tooks Evans after no meetings i think

Talking about total meetings among position groups. Among reported meetings, we have met with 10 DT/DEs, 7 DBs, 5 OL, 4 WR, 3 EDGE.

Pretty likely round 1 is DL, but CB is also a strong possibility. OL seems unlikely in round 1 unless someone we really like falls.

Talking about total meetings among position groups. Among reported meetings, we have met with 10 DT/DEs, 7 DBs, 5 OL, 4 WR, 3 EDGE.

Pretty likely round 1 is DL, but CB is also a strong possibility. OL seems unlikely in round 1 unless someone we really like falls.
I read that the opposite way

If you meet with 3 edge its kind of telling you want edge to be an early pick

That's not they way JRob has worked in all of his other drafts. 2018 he flipped slightly, as he had met with more Edge rushers than ILBs, but ILBs were 2nd among total visits. It's possible that he just didn't expect Evans to fall where he did.

I think something similar could happen with Kinlaw. If a run on Tackles, WRs, and CBs occur from picks 10-20 occurs, I think JRob might trade up to get Kinlaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back