Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote from Broken Arrow in the Rookie Meetings thread on the Draft forum:

Draft Picks Visits/Interviews are a big deal for teams interested in a prospect. Even so much to the point where tendencies can be spotted if you actually put pen to paper.

The only exception to the rule was 2018 where Rashaan Evans was taken in 1st as opposed to Harold Landry. But there could have been a number of reasons for #2 position evaluated leaping the 1st --- as we traded up in both scenarios - but let all that be discussed in the comments. (also as "Safety in 2018" is omitted as it was a 4th round pick & not a 3rd.)

When broken down, all 3 of our first 3 draft picks the past 3 years, have made some kind of visit/interview made public to the media. Even moreover, all 3 (2019, 2018, 2017) also were the most scouted/evaluated positions.

2019 - QB 2 RB 3 WR *6* TE 3 OL *8* DL/E *19* LB 3 CB 5 S 5

(19) DL/E - Jeffery Simmons, (6) WR - AJ Brown, (8) OL - Nate Davis

2018 - QB 6 RB 3 WR 8 TE 2 OL 3 DL/E *10* LB *7* CB 4 S 6

(7) LB - Rashaan Evans, , (10) DL/E - Harold Landry (6) S - Dane Cruikshank

2017 - QB 1 RB 2 WR *11* TE 4 OL 4 DL/E *9* LB 5 CB *10* S 2

(11) WR - Corey Davis (10) CB - Adoree Jackson (11) WR - Taywan Taylor

This year, per WF, PFF, and other spaced out single sources - the position groups that have made visits/workouts/interviews/facetimes that are available to the media are as follows:

(covid-19 also having an affect on most OFFICIAL 30 visits.)

QB 2 RB 2 WR 4 TE 0 OL *4* DL/E *7* LB 0 CB *6* S 1

That breaks down to DL/E 1st round, CB 2nd round, and Offensive Lineman 3rd round. [You could try to make a case for a WR, but I'm not expecting a 4th WR selected in the 2nd round... for a PA Pass/Run first offense...]

So if you take all the history of JROB taking most evaluated positions, coupled with lists of visits/interviews made -- you can make a pretty educated assumption

1st round. DL/E: Broken down to back end first round possibilites:

Terrell Lewis - Alabama. Marlon Davidson - Auburn. Jonathan Greenard - Florida.

Who I'm expecting?: Terrell Lewis

2nd round. CB: Broken down to back end second round possibilites:

Damon Arnette - Ohio State. Cameron Dantzler - Miss St.

Who I'm expecting?: Damon Arnette

3rd round. OL: Broken down to back end third round possibilites:

Robert Hunt - La-Lafayette. Cameron Clarke - Charlotte

Who I'm expecting?: Robert Hunt

Quote from Broken Arrow in the Rookie Meetings thread on the Draft forum:

Draft Picks Visits/Interviews are a big deal for teams interested in a prospect. Even so much to the point where tendencies can be spotted if you actually put pen to paper.

The only exception to the rule was 2018 where Rashaan Evans was taken in 1st as opposed to Harold Landry. But there could have been a number of reasons for #2 position evaluated leaping the 1st --- as we traded up in both scenarios - but let all that be discussed in the comments. (also as "Safety in 2018" is omitted as it was a 4th round pick & not a 3rd.)

When broken down, all 3 of our first 3 draft picks the past 3 years, have made some kind of visit/interview made public to the media. Even moreover, all 3 (2019, 2018, 2017) also were the most scouted/evaluated positions.

2019 - QB 2 RB 3 WR *6* TE 3 OL *8* DL/E *19* LB 3 CB 5 S 5

(19) DL/E - Jeffery Simmons, (6) WR - AJ Brown, (8) OL - Nate Davis

2018 - QB 6 RB 3 WR 8 TE 2 OL 3 DL/E *10* LB *7* CB 4 S 6

(7) LB - Rashaan Evans, , (10) DL/E - Harold Landry (6) S - Dane Cruikshank

2017 - QB 1 RB 2 WR *11* TE 4 OL 4 DL/E *9* LB 5 CB *10* S 2

(11) WR - Corey Davis (10) CB - Adoree Jackson (11) WR - Taywan Taylor

This year, per WF, PFF, and other spaced out single sources - the position groups that have made visits/workouts/interviews/facetimes that are available to the media are as follows:

(covid-19 also having an affect on most OFFICIAL 30 visits.)

QB 2 RB 2 WR 4 TE 0 OL *4* DL/E *7* LB 0 CB *6* S 1

That breaks down to DL/E 1st round, CB 2nd round, and Offensive Lineman 3rd round. [You could try to make a case for a WR, but I'm not expecting a 4th WR selected in the 2nd round... for a PA Pass/Run first offense...]

So if you take all the history of JROB taking most evaluated positions, coupled with lists of visits/interviews made -- you can make a pretty educated assumption

1st round. DL/E: Broken down to back end first round possibilites:

Terrell Lewis - Alabama. Marlon Davidson - Auburn. Jonathan Greenard - Florida.

Who I'm expecting?: Terrell Lewis

2nd round. CB: Broken down to back end second round possibilites:

Damon Arnette - Ohio State. Cameron Dantzler - Miss St.

Who I'm expecting?: Damon Arnette

3rd round. OL: Broken down to back end third round possibilites:

Robert Hunt - La-Lafayette. Cameron Clarke - Charlotte

Who I'm expecting?: Robert Hunt

Terrell Lewis? He failed physicals by half the NFL TEAMS....Projected to go 51.

Dude improve alot in about half a season there no reason to believe the development won't continue.

Rashad Evans had the same issue in his rookie season he miss training camp and play bad to being with but now look at him.
Rashad was even more pronounced. He looked like one of the work linebackers I have ever seen to start the year. But by the end of the year you could tell he was gona be damn good

Nate Davis was one of the lowest graded OL in the entire league in 2019. At various points in the season, he was PFF's worst graded OL in the NFL. He can only get better is probably true, because it's almost impossible he can get any worse.

We can do better.

Sorry i go by what i see, not what somebody else sees

I'd bet real money you are wrong. We've met with several OL. JRobs history shows a pretty clear trend with meetings and what positions we are likely to take. 1st pick (whether it's 1st round or trade out to the 2nd round) will likely be either CB or DL. Our next 2 picks are likely to be whatever we don't draft in round 1 and OL.

Make the bet then. I'll bet $50

I think our staff really likes nate davis and really likes Kelly as well or we wouldn't have spent a 3rd rd pick on nate and we wouldn't have given kelly 8 million per year. We aren't touching oline on the 1st 2 days of the draft. Bet money on it.(not moolah, real money)

I could see us targeting a guy like Charlottes Cameron Clark on day 3 though for sure. That's how Much i think our FO likes Nate Davis. Enough to go get his old teammate and let him take over kellys old role.
Whoops

As I look over the Titans roster, one position stands out to me as a great weakness that no one is really talking about. That's right guard. While Jones (#2 C), Saffold (#6 G), Lewan (#11 T) and even Kelly (#30 T) had excellent years, Nate Davis (#73 G) was one of the worst guards in all of football last year. With terrible grades in both run blocking and pass protection, I'm really wondering if Davis should be considered the defacto starter for 2020.

Right now our other options are the atrocious Jamil Douglas, practice squader Daniel Munyer and former XFL Guard Avery Gennessy. Yikes.

Nate Davis improved steadily as he was given reps and settled in. Did you forget how bad Saffold was at the beginning of the season and he was a proven vet who was one of the top left guards in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back