Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not trust Nate Davis as a starter. We definitely need to draft some competition. Ideally, someone that is capable of playing tackle as well.

Guards in the 2nd/3rd I want most (A chance a couple of these guys get drafted in the 1st):

John Simpson (my top pick)
Lloydd Cushenberry III
Jonah Jackson
Damien Lewis
Ben Bredesen
Isaiah Wilson

Later round guards I am interested in are Calvin Throckmorton (on the name alone), Daishawn Dixon, and Hunter Cervenka.

Ravens D-line was garbage. Watch Davis against the Chiefs when Chris Jones runs through him like paper. Or against any good defenders throughout the season for that matter.
You mean the biggest Dline around last year?

And Chris Jones is also elite.

This is a what have you done lately league, and at the end of 2019 Davis was fine

Disagree. Jrob did a great job signing Lewan, Jones, Saffold and Kelly.

Or do you mean in the draft specifically? It's true that he has yet to draft a decent OL outside of Conklin who is no longer with us.

No credit for signing Lewan, that was an obvious move. Lewan was picked by the previous administration ( stopped clock theory on that one). Saffold is badly overpaid and Kelly was re-signed more out of desperation, and overpaid. He lucked out getting that guard from NE on waivers, then overpaid him.

When it comes to OL all JRob is good for is this:
tenor.gif

This is not a special draft an interior OL, no reason to reach on mediocre talent that probably isn't any better than what we have.

CB, WR, and OT are much more loaded at talent, and are positions we have a need at. Need to look there in the first few rounds. Maybe a guard with one of our three 7th rounders, but that's it.

No credit for signing Lewan, that was an obvious move. Lewan was picked by the previous administration ( stopped clock theory on that one). Saffold is badly overpaid and Kelly was re-signed more out of desperation, and overpaid. He lucked out getting that guard from NE on waivers, then overpaid him.

When it comes to OL all JRob is good for is this:
tenor.gif
true on most counts but i dont think saffold is as egregiously overpaid as you think. he and lewan were great once they started to click during the season.

conk was a good pick as well but our salary cap couldnt hold him because of saffolds contract.... was saffold worth letting conk walk? I think no

I’ll be the other side.

Yes. He was a 3rd rd pick thrown in because of injury and didn’t do all that bad, or at least improved as the season progressed.

Titans have had plenty of later picks work out great on the OL. Give this guy a season, I bet he improves both running and pass blocking and becomes a pretty decent lineman. Maybe not pro bowler or anything, but good enough to stick around for cheap.

Edit: guess I should have read all the posts before making mine. Lot of people are supporters of Davis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ravens D-line was garbage. Watch Davis against the Chiefs when Chris Jones runs through him like paper. Or against any good defenders throughout the season for that matter.
Did you just throw shade on nate not blocking on of the best dl in the nfl? He was a raw rook from a small school. This is nuts.

Davis will be are starting guard next year. Bank on that. You can’t be good every where and he is serviceable. We have other areas of need that we will address in the draft. Maybe a later pick on interior OL.

He was a complete failure at it in Philly and it lead to him being traded away for a bag of chicken wings.

So no
I think you're undervaluing the chicken wings, it was more like a bag of roadkill.

As for Davis, I also thought he progressed well toward the end of season and playoffs. The limited offseason won't help his development, but I see no reason he can't come in and continue to get better and be a solid starter for us.

I'm more worried about Kelly as full-time starter, he's ok in a pinch, but good players usually beat him pretty badly, I hope we come away with a better option early in draft.

I think you're undervaluing the chicken wings, it was more like a bag of roadkill.

As for Davis, I also thought he progressed well toward the end of season and playoffs. The limited offseason won't help his development, but I see no reason he can't come in and continue to get better and be a solid starter for us.

I'm more worried about Kelly as full-time starter, he's ok in a pinch, but good players usually beat him pretty badly, I hope we come away with a better option early in draft.

And then there is the depth issue. Someone will get injured. Who comes off the bench?

Nate Davis was a rookie on an offensive line who blocked for the league leading rusher.. He did a great job as a rookie especially once our offense started forming that chemistry in the middle of the year. He's 22 years old, and he can only get better. Yes, as of now, he is undoubtedly the future RG of this team.

Chill out folks...have some faith in our young guys. Stop being so damn pessimistic all the time.

The real question should be when tf are we going to trash the ugly ass new unis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you just throw shade on nate not blocking on of the best dl in the nfl? He was a raw rook from a small school. This is nuts.
I will be shocked, if we don't draft OL with our first selection. Nate and Kelly starting together? I just cant see that happening. We draft a monster OL, and keep pounding the ball with Henry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back