Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea with the current agreement what the Titans can do to get Panda in line. I know they can fine him for missing meetings, camps, etc. but not for partying.

Goodell can fine/suspend for "tarnishing the shield" but if he did that for every player filmed at a strip club, half the NFL would be suspended.

Looking at the cap hit the Titans will have if they release Panda, it makes more sense to reach out to his "people" who influence him. His family and agent should be able to explain how much he's leaving on the table in 4 or 5 years for the decisions he's making now.

JRob needs to offer to get him a psychologist, trainers, etc. after this season if he's willing to get himself right. If he's unwilling to improve himself, I keep him instead of releasing him just to ruin any future NFL career he might have.

This is the voice of reason. Cutting him is a terrible business decision and a complete overreaction. Right now he is looking like a total screw up—obviously. But it doesn’t appear he is hurting the team in any way or that he is some major distraction. And cutting him will cost us money not save us money the next two years. So the smart move is to do everything you can in the off season to turn him around and try to save the draft capital you invested. You do this until cutting him makes financial sense or he becomes a detrimental distraction to the team. That is the smart play.

This is the voice of reason. Cutting him is a terrible business decision and a complete overreaction. Right now he is looking like a total screw up—obviously. But it doesn’t appear he is hurting the team in any way or that he is some major distraction. And cutting him will cost us money not save us money the next two years. So the smart move is to do everything you can in the off season to turn him around and try to save the draft capital you invested. You do this until cutting him makes financial sense or he becomes a detrimental distraction to the team. That is the smart play.
Agree, this is the right thing to do for the team and for Wilson, get him help.
This is a good example for clauses in all contracts for the team to cut ties with no financial implications, in saying that it needs to be within reason for the player as well.

If Wilson was an actual starter and his antics were hurting the team... I'd be down with cutting him.

But he's not and they aren't. We'll see next year. And maybe actually do a trade if not.

If Wilson was an actual starter and his antics were hurting the team... I'd be down with cutting him.

But he's not and they aren't. We'll see next year. And maybe actually do a trade if not.
Who would trade for him if he doesn't shape up?
And if he does why would you trade him?

What can the Titans expect for comp picks ?

we should get a 3rd for Conklin

Mariota would net a 5th but will probably be canceled out by the Beasley signing. But their is a chance Beasley doesn’t count against us since he was released before week 10....in years past that would be the case, but I think the new CBA changed that rule and Beasley will count against us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back