Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tennessee Titans trying to get out of Isaiah Wilson contract? | PFN

Interesting article on a) financial impact of cutting him, b) red flags known to have existed, c) getting guarantees voided due to behavior.

OF COURSE there were red flags.. been saying it all along. No way this idiot went from a normal person to a top flight d-bag in one offseason. We knew he was a complete idiot and decided to take a chance.. well, you got what you wanted...

Before reading this article, and having people saying over and over there were no red flags, I wanted us to find a way to get out of his contract...

now that we KNOW that the team KNEW he was an idiot and decided to roll the dice... they dont deserve to get out of the contract. You took a risk and you lost, suck it up.

OF COURSE there were red flags.. been saying it all along. No way this idiot went from a normal person to a top flight d-bag in one offseason. We knew he was a complete idiot and decided to take a chance.. well, you got what you wanted...

Before reading this article, and having people saying over and over there were no red flags, I wanted us to find a way to get out of his contract...

now that we KNOW that the team KNEW he was an idiot and decided to roll the dice... they dont deserve to get out of the contract. You took a risk and you lost, suck it up.

Honestly, that article says nothing of the sort. What were the red flags? Not going to name any teams that actually removed them off their board?

Sorry, that looks like an after the fact, "I told you so."

It's easy to say these type of things after the fact.

Honestly, that article says nothing of the sort. What were the red flags? Not going to name any teams that actually removed them off their board?

Ok, so basically you are one of the people who are saying Wilson went from an upstanding young man to a complete moron overnight...

Which story holds more water?

He flipped overnight...

he had red flags that caused other teams to drop him and we decided to take a chance?

Take your time with your answer.

Teams don't remove players from boards for no reason, red flags, injuries whatever
Would like to know what the ref flags were, other than the obvious immaturity issues

Usually when teams do that, you hear more about it than we did. Mostly what I heard was he was a borderline 2nd rounder who was raw but huge upside. During the draft process I wasn’t looking at him as a possibility at all either, but don’t recall him being red flagged. Wouldn’t doubt it a bit though given his current issues.

Ok, so basically you are one of the people who are saying Wilson went from an upstanding young man to a complete moron overnight...

Which story holds more water?

He flipped overnight...

he had red flags that caused other teams to drop him and we decided to take a chance?

Take your time with your answer.

That's a big leap in assumption. There's quite a bit of room between "upstanding young man" and "complete moron."

It's unlikely even his biggest critics expected conduct of this magnitude. Having red flags =/= expecting him to play (or rather, not play) himself off the team within a year of being drafted. Let's recall that Lewan had real, documented character issues coming out of college, and outside of dumb penalties, he's been a model player.

Money tends to change people. Particularly young people. And it's not something you can predict from player to player. By all accounts he didn't have any character issues at UGA. Even his prior coaches have gone on record that the way he has acted is completely out of character from the person they coached. If anything, the red flags that were reported around the draft time (that we are privy to anyways) were that he perhaps under performed relative to his immense size and 5 star recruiting rating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually when teams do that, you hear more about it than we did. Mostly what I heard was he was a borderline 2nd rounder who was raw but huge upside. During the draft process I wasn’t looking at him as a possibility at all either, but don’t recall him being red flagged. Wouldn’t doubt it a bit though given his current issues.

I recall wanting him in the 2nd round and was quite surprised we took him with a 1st round pick. I really wanted Jaylon Johnson, Jeff Gladney, or Trevon Diggs in the 1st round.

I read the biggest "red flag" was his weight, but he's 6'7 and his social media handle

Agreed. If he was taken off of teams board because of red flags we would have heard about it before being a year removed from draft night.

Not saying there weren’t red flags because if you listen to him on BWTB there are at least 5 I can name myself, but I think this is being blown out of proportion a bit. In fact, lots of talking heads praised the pick at the time.

This is primarily sport reporters opinions. They don’t agree with each other. Loved how one didn’t like Evans but was all over Cole. I think it was a C+ draft with Fulton and Evans contributing a lot this upcoming year. Wilson, a poo poo head.

Yeah- my point to show it was to show overall variability and that Wilson was a head scratcher project by most pundits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back