Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one team that worries me that does have the money is Indy. He wouldn't have to be the guy, and help an already good defense even more.

I don’t care how much money they spend. If they don’t get a QB they aren’t winning jack shit. They don’t have a QB. You don’t win in the NFL and INDY never has with just anyone at QB. Indy doesn’t scare me a bit.

But my point is the Titans are closer to a SB than the Steelers, IMHO. The Steelers are just a tad bit better off than the Texans as far as winning a SB. They aren’t doing it anytime soon. Now, they Browns? They have cap room and Watt would really help them. Unless he must takes rumba to have fun playing with his brothers and the Steelers cut a bunch of players to sign him I don’t see it,
View attachment 18184
Buccs just won the superbowl with an old qb and an elite defense. The Steelers have an old qb and an elite defense.......

Yep, he's b*tching about getting hit, that OL would protect him
Plus a great running game, great defense, and enough money to surround him with talent in a super deep WR free agency/draft class.

I really believe there's a <5% chance Russ gets traded, but if he ended up on Colts they'd be close to superbowl favorites.

Plus a great running game, great defense, and enough money to surround him with talent in a super deep WR free agency/draft class.

I really believe there's a <5% chance Russ gets traded, but if he ended up on Colts they'd be close to superbowl favorites.
Very true, yet here we are, 3 mil over the cap, no D to compete and hiring fake Coordinators...sad we are wasting Tannehill, Henry and Browns windows.

Sounds like Seattle is getting tired of Wilson as much as he's getting tired of getting hit...we may see a Brady situation with him

Very true, yet here we are, 3 mil over the cap, no D to compete and hiring fake Coordinators...sad we are wasting Tannehill, Henry and Browns windows.

Sounds like Seattle is getting tired of Wilson as much as he's getting tired of getting hit...we may see a Brady situation with him
Yep, feels like our window is closing really quick here. I'm very worried Henry is going to fall off a cliff sooner rather than later, then our whole offense is pretty much broken.

Yeah I've seen those reports, I think they take a huge cap hit if they end up trading him though. I think the hawks will probably cave, spend some money on the line and try to smooth things over.

On a sidenote the current trend of high-end players wanting authority on team building decisions is kinda fascinating. I feel like it started with the NBA when star players realized they're more valuable to the team than the team is to them. However it's not that easy in the NFL, I'd really love to see the Texans play hardball with Watson and see what ends up happening.

Yep, feels like our window is closing really quick here. I'm very worried Henry is going to fall off a cliff sooner rather than later, then our whole offense is pretty much broken.

Yeah I've seen those reports, I think they take a huge cap hit if they end up trading him though. I think the hawks will probably cave, spend some money on the line and try to smooth things over.

On a sidenote the current trend of high-end players wanting authority on team building decisions is kinda fascinating. I feel like it started with the NBA when star players realized they're more valuable to the team than the team is to them. However it's not that easy in the NFL, I'd really love to see the Texans play hardball with Watson and see what ends up happening.
I think if Seattle trades Wilson its a 39 million hit? Thats huge if I'm remembering right. Thats article says Indy could do it though??

These QBs need to shut up and play, let management do their jobs. In Watson's case he just signed a huge deal knowing the organization was broken. Maybe they should play hardball...but what they could get for him would help rebuild.

I don’t care how much money they spend. If they don’t get a QB they aren’t winning jack ****. They don’t have a QB. You don’t win in the NFL and INDY never has with just anyone at QB. Indy doesn’t scare me a bit.
They were a playoff team with the ghost of Rivers back there. They're going to get a veteran like Fitzpatrick, Wentz, Trubisky, Winston, etc. and if one of those guys plays decently, that team will still be very good.

Adding Watt to that defense would only make it even more difficult to beat next year.

I am just not sure that Watt is not done, or real close to being done. Injuries and age.

Injuries and the fact the Texans as a whole, was a mess last year. The mind boggling Hopkins trade pretty much killed team morale.

Obviously Watt isn’t elite anymore but he’s still solid and would instantly give this defense a significant upgrade, especially since our defense has no true leader and Watt has always been known to be vocal and push his teammates. And one thing you never have to worry about with Watt is effort every play. Signing Watt actually makes a lot of sense for us.

Yea, 5 players on the court vs 22 in the NFL makes that a different proposition

But my point is the Titans are closer to a SB than the Steelers, IMHO. The Steelers are just a tad bit better off than the Texans as far as winning a SB. They aren’t doing it anytime soon. Now, they Browns? They have cap room and Watt would really help them. Unless he must takes rumba to have fun playing with his brothers and the Steelers cut a bunch of players to sign him I don’t see it,

Are you basing this solely on "good D, old QB"?
Cause
Steelers 12-4, playoffs
Houston 4-12

That doesn't really seem like a "tad bit better".

Lol dude the Steelers were 12-0 to start the year and they aren’t too far off from the Texans?? Stop it. Pure insanity.

Do it ... Colts future gone. But why would Seattle take a $40 million dead cap hit and then have no QB?
They were a playoff team with the ghost of Rivers back there. They're going to get a veteran like Fitzpatrick, Wentz, Trubisky, Winston, etc. and if one of those guys plays decently, that team will still be very good.

Adding Watt to that defense would only make it even more difficult to beat next year.

They aren’t a playoff team with any of those guys. Not one. They aren’t that good. Look at your list. We are much more talented on offense than the Colts and if we started the season with one of those QBs the fans in here would go nuts and say we are 4-12.

Lol dude the Steelers were 12-0 to start the year and they aren’t too far off from the Texans?? Stop it. Pure insanity.

Don’t be a prick. Read what I wrote. You know damn well what I was saying, I wasn’t comparing complete teams. The Steelers wer bad down the stretch. In Cap hell. major players to re- sign broken down old QB. The Steelers nor Texans make the playoffs next season, that’s my point.

Don’t be a *****. Read what I wrote. You know damn well what I was saying, I wasn’t comparing complete teams. The Steelers wer bad down the stretch. In Cap hell. major players to re- sign broken down old QB. The Steelers nor Texans make the playoffs next season, that’s my point.

Lol you claim to see the future way to often on here. Steelers and Texans are light years apart. Not even close. Their situations aren’t similar at all. Just stop man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back