Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ravens don’t have a QB. I doubt Watt is going to Baltimore.

Titans make the most sense. He gets to pad his HOF stats in 6 games against horrible talent in the AFC South next season and take revenge against Houston twice.

I’m still not convinced he will come here but it is a perfect fit.
Playing against Houston may not entice Watt, he seems to have a respect for the fans and city, don't think he would have a revenge thing towards them...may not sign with division rival out of respect?

Yeah, the revenge thing doesn't really make sense when you are the one that asked to be released.

With that said, that kind of sounds like the JJ Watt thing to do.

Yeah, the revenge thing doesn't really make sense when you are the one that asked to be released.

With that said, that kind of sounds like the JJ Watt thing to do.

He asked for it because they pissed him off. Not the fans or the players but the front office, I’m not claiming it’s his motive, but chasing AJ Mcarron with that Oline and clusterfuck of a team should be enticing,

Playing against Houston may not entice Watt, he seems to have a respect for the fans and city, don't think he would have a revenge thing towards them...may not sign with division rival out of respect?
This is what I think.

Comms from both sides sound like there is basically an agreement for him to come back and retire a Texan after this next contract.

Would just seem out of character for him to go to a division rival

This is what I think.

Comms from both sides sound like there is basically an agreement for him to come back and retire a Texan after this next contract.

Would just seem out of character for him to go to a division rival

Don’t most HOF caliber players go back and sign and retire from their original team? Keep in mind the 2nd greatest player in Texans history, Andre Johnson, not only played for 2 division rivals ( Titans and Colts ) but came back and retired a Texan and joined their coaching staff. So I would say it won’t matter if JJ comes and plays here. Also remember that Houston doesn’t exactly have a ton of history to be sticking its nose up at. Turning on Watt would be bad business,

Don’t most HOF caliber players go back and sign and retire from their original team? Keep in mind the 2nd greatest player in Texans history, Andre Johnson, not only played for 2 division rivals ( Titans and Colts ) but came back and retired a Texan and joined their coaching staff. So I would say it won’t matter if JJ comes and plays here. Also remember that Houston doesn’t exactly have a ton of history to be sticking its nose up at. Turning on Watt would be bad business,
Time will tell, i just think its unlikely, no matter how much we might be 'interested'

Thats a good point about A Johnson...we'll see, anything can happen I suppose

Favre to Vikings
Johnson to Colts, Titans
Owens to Cowboys (Eagles - yes, granted the situation..)
Manning was a hair length away from signing with the Titans
Warner to Cardinals
Rice to Raiders (Maybe not TOTAL divisional, but geographical rival), and Seahawks

And almost all of those names are tied to, in some larger fashion, their PEAK performance teams post-career, with the exception maybe only being Owens.

Another rumour i read was Colts trading for OT Orlando Brown of Ravens, he doesn't want to play RT, wants to be a LT...with Castonzo retiring for Indy this makes sense.
Nelson and brown on the left side of the line would be nasty. Colts are in a really good spot going forward, hate to see it lol

Nelson and brown on the left side of the line would be nasty. Colts are in a really good spot going forward, hate to see it lol

I don’t care how much money they have they don’t have a QB. So they aren’t in a really good spot. No way to spin that. They won’t just get one or every team every year would just get one.

You would think a Titan fan who has watched this team without a QB for the last 10 plus years would get that. The Colts ain’t shit till they get a QB and then let’s see who they get. Who is available? They aren’t trading for Wilson,

I don’t care how much money they have they don’t have a QB. So they aren’t in a really good spot. No way to spin that. They won’t just get one or every team every year would just get one.

You would think a Titan fan who has watched this team without a QB for the last 10 plus years would get that. The Colts ain’t **** till they get a QB and then let’s see who they get. Who is available? They aren’t trading for Wilson,
I know you disagree, but I think they stay a highly competitive team just by re-signing Brissett. Room for upgrade surely, but he's not a terrible QB.

I know you disagree, but I think they stay a highly competitive team just by re-signing Brissett. Room for upgrade surely, but he's not a terrible QB.

His stats say otherwise. Let them have him as their starter, Brissett is a backup for a reason.

12-20 as a starter with NE and INDY. Talented well coached teams, He couldn’t win with them. Career completion % of 59%.

If I told you the Titans were starting the season with Brissett at QB and we are going to be fine you would laugh me out if the joint and rightly so.

I don’t get this Colt envy. But whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back