Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it wasnt, youre being silly. He took a picture while he visit family in Nashville, and fans thought that meant he was here to meet with us.

Even Paul tried to be the first to break the signing news. So the thought that WE WERE NEVER INTERESTED.... is what's silly

Fine, show me the official words from JROB that we were ever interested in Bouye too..... you do realize it's bad business for a GM to come out and say WE TRIED AND LOST... everything he said last year about Clowney kept a loose end for a potential signing...

I think he was agreeing with you and mocking the other poster.
I agree to a certain extent. I truly have no idea what actual interest level JRob and the Titans had in Hightower and we are 3+ (?) years passed the speculation of it. If it still hasn't come out as a blatant, clear statement, it never will and we are only arguing hearsay.

BUT, it is a known fact that PK likes to hunt the GT boards for advice, stories, and recommendations regarding the Titans franchise.

I agree to a certain extent. I truly have no idea what actual interest level JRob and the Titans had in Hightower and we are 3+ (?) years passed the speculation of it. If it still hasn't come out as a blatant, clear statement, it never will and we are only arguing hearsay.

BUT, it is a known fact that PK likes to hunt the GT boards for advice, stories, and recommendations regarding the Titans franchise.
I put this HT thing to bed last yr when thaky tried acting like we wanted him

JR not once hinted he wanted HT. We also had no need for HT

I put this HT thing to bed last yr when thaky tried acting like we wanted him

JR not once hinted he wanted HT. We also had no need for HT
I thought at the time we did have some LB upgrading that could be used. Not saying that Hightower was THE guy but just because JRob made no hint or anything doesn't entirely eliminate the possible want for him.

The point is, IF JRob had a meeting with some of his scouts and coaches and even mentioned that Hightower was out there, does that mean interest?

It's kind of semantics about it. We certainly know that there didn't seem to be a LOT of interest but at what level is NO interest. I have to imagine that this is the case for many players, not just HT either.

Media speculation at its its finest

JJWatt has a real chance at being here, lets not lump this in with Hightower

If anything put it with Suh, cause we know we actually reached out there.

Media speculation at its its finest

JJWatt has a real chance at being here, lets not lump this in with Hightower

If anything put it with Suh, cause we know we actually reached out there.
I thought we made an offer to Hightower thought we had him signed and then he re-upped with new England for some reason. Not sure why I thought that. I remember really wanting him though.

The one team that worries me that does have the money is Indy. He wouldn't have to be the guy, and help an already good defense even more.
Indy already has a great front 7, and has room to bring in Watt, Ertz, Peterson, Clowney, Golladay....
If Wentz plays decent, the Colts could be real good

A fan asked Vrabel about the risk vs reward as it relates to free agent defensive lineman J.J. Watt: "When you go into free agency, there's a lot of things about player acquisition that go into it: What is best for your football team? Cost is also a part of it. The fit is a part of it, and then the need. ... You mentioned J.J. Watt, and there will be other veteran players that become available that we'll have discussions on, and we have had discussions on J.J. Watt. ... There's a lot of things that go into bringing in free agents, certainly ones that are past 30 or in the back half of their career. Those are all things that you wage and determine."

A fan asked Vrabel about the risk vs reward as it relates to free agent defensive lineman J.J. Watt: "When you go into free agency, there's a lot of things about player acquisition that go into it: What is best for your football team? Cost is also a part of it. The fit is a part of it, and then the need. ... You mentioned J.J. Watt, and there will be other veteran players that become available that we'll have discussions on, and we have had discussions on J.J. Watt. ... There's a lot of things that go into bringing in free agents, certainly ones that are past 30 or in the back half of their career. Those are all things that you wage and determine."
Is he running for office?
I guess hearing the original question might change how I feel about this "non" response but I doubt it. This is just rambling.

It is not the Titans way to reveal what they are doing. In presses they are always going to vague. I am astounded that people expect anything different after all this time. That said, in regards to Watt, I would be stunned if we sign him. Anything can happen, but I don’t think we sign him. I am bracing for the calamitous wailing.

It is not the Titans way to reveal what they are doing. In presses they are always going to vague. I am astounded that people expect anything different after all this time. That said, in regards to Watt, I would be stunned if we sign him. Anything can happen, but I don’t think we sign him. I am bracing for the calamitous wailing.
Not that I don't understand this strategy because it absolutely crossed my mind that he just doesn't want to give away strategy BUT is it an appropriate strategy to just say "we have a strategy but I'm not going to discuss it because it gives away our strategy."?

It'd be different if he gave a non-true plan which we would only know at a later time but just rambling to ramble just comes off as weird or he has a mental condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back