Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I don't understand this strategy because it absolutely crossed my mind that he just doesn't want to give away strategy BUT is it an appropriate strategy to just say "we have a strategy but I'm not going to discuss it because it gives away our strategy."?

It'd be different if he gave a non-true plan which we would only know at a later time but just rambling to ramble just comes off as weird or he has a mental condition.
Vrabel isn’t knowingly going to tell anything of value to the press or in a Q&A. They are just going about their business and we will find out when whatever happens finally happens.

A fan asked Vrabel about the risk vs reward as it relates to free agent defensive lineman J.J. Watt: "When you go into free agency, there's a lot of things about player acquisition that go into it: What is best for your football team? Cost is also a part of it. The fit is a part of it, and then the need. ... You mentioned J.J. Watt, and there will be other veteran players that become available that we'll have discussions on, and we have had discussions on J.J. Watt. ... There's a lot of things that go into bringing in free agents, certainly ones that are past 30 or in the back half of their career. Those are all things that you wage and determine."

And most of this quote can be packaged and used every single year in FA.

"When you go into free agency, there's a lot of things about player acquisition that go into it: What is best for your football team? Cost is also a part of it. The fit is a part of it, and then the need..... there will be other veteran players that become available that we'll have discussions on, ... There's a lot of things that go into bringing in free agents, certainly ones that are past 30 or in the back half of their career. Those are all things that you wage and determine"

Exactly the same speak occurs every year and did around Clowney.

Watt is a risk versus reward signing. If he is able to stay healthy that would be huge. The thought of Watt and Clowney being healthy with Simmons and Landry improves the defense greatly.

Indy already has a great front 7, and has room to bring in Watt, Ertz, Peterson, Clowney, Golladay....
If Wentz plays decent, the Colts could be real good
They HAD a great front 7. Indy could lose a TON of key starters from last year in free agency and retirement and will need to replace or re-sign them.
Anthony Costanzo, Ty Hilton, Justin Houston, Denico Autry, Marlon Mack, Xavier Rhodes, Malik Hooker, Anthony Walker, Jacoby Brisset and like ten other solid components of last years team.

That is a LOT with just $40 million in cap space

They HAD a great front 7. Indy could lose a TON of key starters from last year in free agency and retirement and will need to replace or re-sign them.
Anthony Costanzo, Ty Hilton, Justin Houston, Denico Autry, Marlon Mack, Xavier Rhodes, Malik Hooker, Anthony Walker, Jacoby Brisset and like ten other solid components of last years team.

That is a LOT with just $40 million in cap space

Where have you been? Have not seen the posts about how tough Indy is and how they have a ton of money to spend and the Titans will be lucky to get a WC berth going forward because Indy was in this great position? It’s already been decided that Indy is wing the division for the foreseeable future by some of the fans in here. How dare you bring facts into the discussion?

Dont think Clowney is getting a big pay day. Gonna be another prove it contract.

His prove it one year deal last year was 10 mill. Will Watt be much less? I can’t imagine it will be. If we signed both to multi year deals and got a low cap number for this first year then perhaps it will be possible. But I don’t see it happening.

Me neither. He could have something left in the tank, but he’s well past his prime, and frequently injured. I don’t see the appeal. We’ve tried to fill this position with aging veterans the last two seasons. Is FO incapable of scouting pass rushers?
There’s no strong evidence to convict them on the ability to choose edge rushers.

Where have you been? Have not seen the posts about how tough Indy is and how they have a ton of money to spend and the Titans will be lucky to get a WC berth going forward because Indy was in this great position? It’s already been decided that Indy is wing the division for the foreseeable future by some of the fans in here. How dare you bring facts into the discussion?
If we will be fine and over the cap and FAs to sign why won't Indy be fine or in better position being so much under the cap?
They now have a QB in place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back