Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The City of Houston should have never run off Bud Adams. He as a better owner than he got credit for. It’s The Curse of Bud.

I was an Oiler fan...so if the the Texans have the curse of Bud. What curse did Oiler fans have? Just a different type of curse of Bud? Damn that team got so close so many times and nothing but heart break.

I was an Oiler fan...so if the the Texans have the curse of Bud. What curse did Oiler fans have? Just a different type of curse of Bud? Damn that team got so close so many times and nothing but heart break.

I guess heartbreak is in the eye of the beholder.. would you rather have been the Buffalo Bills?

I guess heartbreak is in the eye of the beholder.. would you rather have been the Buffalo Bills?

Absolutely. Making four Super Bowls in a row is better than falling short like 10 times. Regardless, the team was cursed in Houston. Bills vs Oilers1993 wild card 35-3...that is a curse brother. So I don’t think you can tie anything to Bum leaving...the curse that was on him and the Oilers just hung around.

Absolutely. Making four Super Bowls in a row is better than falling short like 10 times. Regardless, the team was cursed in Houston. Bills vs Oilers1993 wild card 35-3...that is a curse brother. So I don’t think you can tie anything to Bum leaving...the curse that was on him and the Oilers just hung around.

I’m talking about Bud, not Bum. There is no measure that Bud wasn’t done dirty by the City and Bob Lanier. I’m saying BUD ADAMS left a curse in the Dome property where NRG is and the Texans will never win.

I’m talking about Bud, not Bum. There is no measure that Bud wasn’t done dirty by the City and Bob Lanier. I’m saying BUD ADAMS left a curse in the Dome property where NRG is and the Texans will never win.

Yeah, I know. I mistyped. And I am saying that Dude and his team was cursed in Houston. So is this a new curse because he left or the same old curse that has plagued Houston football forever. Nothing really we since Bud left the city.

Yeah, I know. I mistyped. And I am saying that Dude and his team was cursed in Houston. So is this a new curse because he left or the same old curse that has plagued Houston football forever. Nothing really we since Bud left the city.

I don’t think Bud or the Oilers were cursed.

Just ask any Oiler fan and they will tell you otherwise. 35-3...and lost. Biggest comeback in NFL history. And never made a Super Bowl. Tons of talent and always blew it. The Texan history is no worse than the Oiler history, so can’t see how one is cursed and not the other.

Just ask any Oiler fan and they will tell you otherwise. 35-3...and lost. Biggest comeback in NFL history. And never made a Super Bowl. Tons of talent and always blew it. The Texan history is no worse than the Oiler history, so can’t see how one is cursed and not the other.
I totally agree. Nobody knows unless they lived it....I was at that game. 2 years leading up to that disaster in our history, we blew a 21 point lead in the playoffs at Denver! 4th quarter 1.45 on the clock, leading by 6, John Elway drove the field to win with a touchdown. In that drive, Denver completed 3 4th downs....one for 8 yards, another for 12 yards, and yet another for 16 yards!!!
Thats 2 examples of many in Oilers history.
Who can forget the Montana comeback as a Chief in Houston, or that terrible call in the conference final in Pittsburgh. The list goes on....and there's many more, too many to list.

Just ask any Oiler fan and they will tell you otherwise. 35-3...and lost. Biggest comeback in NFL history. And never made a Super Bowl. Tons of talent and always blew it.
I totally agree. Nobody knows unless they lived it....I was at that game. 2 years leading up to that disaster in our history, we blew a 21 point lead in the playoffs at Denver! 4th quarter 1.45 on the clock, leading by 6, John Elway drove the field to win with a touchdown. In that drive, Denver completed 3 4th downs....one for 8 yards, another for 12 yards, and yet another for 16 yards!!!
Thats 2 examples of many in Oilers history.
Who can forget the Montana comeback as a Chief in Houston, or that terrible call in the conference final in Pittsburgh. The list goes on....and there's many more, too many to list.

Yes, Yes, 1000 times Yes! Great examples. If you lived it you know the curse. It still stings to this day. Glad there are a good number those here who were fans of the Oilers and remember those years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back