Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree. Nobody knows unless they lived it....I was at that game. 2 years leading up to that disaster in our history, we blew a 21 point lead in the playoffs at Denver! 4th quarter 1.45 on the clock, leading by 6, John Elway drove the field to win with a touchdown. In that drive, Denver completed 3 4th downs....one for 8 yards, another for 12 yards, and yet another for 16 yards!!!
Thats 2 examples of many in Oilers history.
Who can forget the Montana comeback as a Chief in Houston, or that terrible call in the conference final in Pittsburgh. The list goes on....and there's many more, too many to list.
Add mike renfro’s TD catch into that mess and the luv ya blue days. Firing Bum a bit prematurely was part of that ending.

Just ask any Oiler fan and they will tell you otherwise. 35-3...and lost. Biggest comeback in NFL history. And never made a Super Bowl. Tons of talent and always blew it. The Texan history is no worse than the Oiler history, so can’t see how one is cursed and not the other.

I don’t know how old you are, but I’m an old Oiler fan. I live In Houston. The Texans history is a lot worse than the Oilers history. The Chiefs comeback is a lot worse than 35-3. The Oilers blew it, but they had a chance to win that game at the end. The Texans never had a chance and the Chiefs ended up winning by 20. The Oilers won playoff games and made the AFC Championship, The Texans nada.

The Oilers weren’t cursed. The Texans are, IMHO

I don’t know how old you are, but I’m an old Oiler fan. I live In Houston. The Texans history is a lot worse than the Oilers history. The Chiefs comeback is a lot worse than 35-3. The Oilers blew it, but they had a chance to win that game at the end. The Texans never had a chance and the Chiefs ended up winning by 20. The Oilers won playoff games and made the AFC Championship, The Texans nada.

Recency bias. There is nothing worse than 35-3 that late in the game and blowing it. The pain will never go away.

We can agree to disagree then. I am an old Oilers fan as well. I lived it all too.

Recency bias. There is nothing worse than 35-3 that late in the game and blowing it. The pain will never go away.

It was an entire half of football. I don’t think it’s decency. Being up 24-0 after only a quarter and 5 minutes and being down 28-24 by half time and then losing by 20 after the Chiefs score 51 is crazy bad. Especially when Watson is supposed to be this generational talent. Don’t get me wrong. 35-3 was horrible and is still one of the worst coaching jobs in history. But let’s be clear Warren Moon was good, but he never had the best WR in the game wind he was never talked about the same way Watson is. IMHO the City of Houston owns the 2 worst comebacks in NFL a history I just think the current team in Houston’s loss was worse. Not by much, but worse.
So maybe it isn’t the teams... maybe the Astrodome and NRG are built on an old Indian burial ground or something and there is a curse.

It was an entire half of football. I don’t think it’s decency. Being up 24-0 after only a quarter and 5 minutes and being down 28-24 by half time and then losing by 20 after the Chiefs score 51 is crazy bad. Especially when Watson is supposed to be this generational talent. Don’t get me wrong. 35-3 was horrible and is still one of the worst coaching jobs in history. But let’s be clear Warren Moon was good, but he never had the best WR in the game wind he was never talked about the same way Watson is. IMHO the City of Houston owns the 2 worst comebacks in NFL a history I just think the current team in Houston’s loss was worse. Not by much, but worse.
So maybe it isn’t the teams... maybe the Astrodome and NRG are built on an old Indian burial ground or something and there is a curse.
No he just had the best WR group ever assembled on 1 team
Hill, Jeffries, Duncan, givins for a few years, then trade out hill for slaughter.

I can’t think of any other team in history to have 4 quality WRs for multiple seasons in a row.
No way is just Hopkins better than that.

I’d also say moon was highly recognized as a top QB in the league during his time.

That first quarter had a ridiculous nimrod turnovers that led to scores. Watching that game, I wasn’t even surprised that the chiefs retook the lead before half. It seemed like only a matter of time. They were clothe better team with some bad breaks in the first quarter. But the WC game against the bills was a stunner. We had beaten them the week before 28-3. And then we’re up 35-3 with momentum after a pick 6. In 6 quarters of football we had out scored them 63-6. And they had a backup QB playing! And we lose. That is an epic collapse and in my opinion far worse than the Houston loss to KC.

No he just had the best WR group ever assembled on 1 team
Hill, Jeffries, Duncan, givins for a few years, then trade out hill for slaughter.

I can’t think of any other team in history to have 4 quality WRs for multiple seasons in a row.
No way is just Hopkins better than that.

I’d also say moon was highly recognized as a top QB in the league during his time.

Exactly. That Oiler team was loaded on offense and on defense. They were a legitimate Super Bowl contender. The Texans were not. They had one lucky first quarter vector a bunch of turnovers.

One of those things where we won’t agree on this. So, let’s move on and not bore the rest of the posters to death.

Still remember the first time I heard
~ Houston Oilers Houston Oilers Houston Oilers are my team.

Man what a time we lived in , like almost every old Oilers fan. Wish the team could've won a Superbowl.

P.S. I still don't know how to explain why I have so much passion for this Tennessee Titans teams like I did for the Old Houston Oilers teams.

Still remember the first time I heard
~ Houston Oilers Houston Oilers Houston Oilers are my team.

Man what a time we lived in , like almost every old Oilers fan. Wish the team could've won a Superbowl.

P.S. I still don't know how to explain why I have so much passion for this Tennessee Titans teams like I did for the Old Houston Oilers teams.

I feel you. I actually grew up in Oregon but was an Oiler fan from the age of 9. For my sixteenth birthday my dad, my cousin (also an Oiler fan), and I flew to Houston to watch a game. It was awesome. First time I heard the full Houston Oiler song. And we beat the Bengals. Great memory.

I remember I use to get a Houston Oiler news paper. The team put it out and I think I got in the mail like once a month or so. Anyone else remember that paper?

Well ever since Bob McNair passed away the team has gone downhill over on it there!
I feel you. I actually grew up in Oregon but was an Oiler fan from the age of 9. For my sixteenth birthday my dad, my cousin (also an Oiler fan), and I flew to Houston to watch a game. It was awesome. First time I heard the full Houston Oiler song. And we beat the Bengals. Great memory.

I remember I use to get a Houston Oiler news paper. The team put it out and I think I got in the mail like once a month or so. Anyone else remember that paper?
The Oiler Report - came out weekly during the season and then monthly in the off season. I still have some in the attic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back