Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Bowen getting hired was a disappointment, but its sink or swim for him now...if he fails then big changes need to happen

That's the thing. We just couldn't afford to waste time in promoting an inexperienced DC to see if he can sink or swim. The defense was historically bad this past season and there's just no room for error in trying to fix this defense to keep up with our offense.

Hell, I'm not even sure if our offense can be sustainable with Art Smith gone.

The OC/DC hires took away all the fresh air we had, which took so long to get. Draft and FA needs to hurry up, because right now we have the vibe of a 6-10 type team.

Can you name another team in the modern era where the entire draft class contributed almost Absolutely Nothing to the team for a season?
This team has an over rated general manager at best!
Tanny is okay but he is not elite! Over priced if you asked me. One must be able to build a good team thru the draft! It's a younger man's game despite the anomaly that is 12 in Tampa I never understood the concept of paying a few players top dollar while scrambling to fill out the remaining roster with small salaries . This Gm in my opinion has made more minuses than pluses of late!

Several teams in last years draft received very little help from their rookies. COVID was largely responsible for that.

I'm not sure how someone could be "overrated at best." Seems like an oxymoron.

I'm also not sure how J-Rob can be in the clock. Reminds me Zoolander.

480 × 241

I’ll give JR another go at it before pushing him off the hill. He does need to step it up and this past off season was horrendous, but a bit emotional to chunk it all at this point. I fall in the category where I think he is slightly above average - not a genius and not a slug. This off season will have a big impact on his legacy. It easy to take over a crappy roster and get it respectable, but more difficult to take a decent roster and make a championship contender. We will soon find out where he falls.

No, it's really not. That's why the Browns, Bengals, Jets, Dolphins, Jags, etc. bask in constant suckitude, occasionally pushing their way up to the level of mediocrity before crashing back down again.

J-Rob's teams have yet to have a losing season. He found the best QB this franchise has seen since McNair, and he got him off the scrap heap. And we've made the playoffs in 3 of his 5 seasons. Considering the turd burger he took over, I'd say he's done a pretty amazing job.

He deserved criticism for 2020 for sure. But let's not forget that he assembled 90% of the players on the playoff teams we've seen under his tenure. This team was literally in shambles when he took over, with only about 3-4 starters who would have been starters somewhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can name a dozen Browns draft classes that provided zero starters.

The verdict isn’t even out on last years class yet. For all we know Fulton, Evans, Brewer, Tart and Murchison could become starters.

And 2019’s class of Simmons, Brown, Davis, Hooker and Long Jr. could be one of the best Titans classes in history!

That 2019 class looks like a monster at this point. At least 2 high end starters, with Hooker and Long looking like solid regulars. What's more impressive is that he seems to have hit on every single pick in that draft. That literally never happens.

The draft class may not be as bad as it looks in a couple of years. I still think injury had a lot to do with second and third round picks. Fulton I think will be a solid starter and Evans we just did not get to see enough off. Now first round pick was awful and we threw away a pick on the qb from Hawaii.

The biggest miss was not the draft it was missing in free agency with Clowney ( most of us wanted him it just did not work out). And the total whiff on Vic Beasley. 21 to 22 million dollar error.

Say what anyone wants, but J-Rob is still the best GM we have had since the team moved to tennessee! But he really needs to do better in this draft and in free agency.

The only blame that I place on JROB is that he did not draft an edge rusher last yr because even if Clowney and Beasley did work out they were only on 1 yr deals which would put us needing to be hunting for edge rushers again.

The only blame that I place on JROB is that he did not draft an edge rusher last yr because even if Clowney and Beasley did work out they were only on 1 yr deals which would put us needing to be hunting for edge rushers again.
not trying to defend jrob, just genuinely curious, which edge rusher would you have wanted?

Can you name another team in the modern era where the entire draft class contributed almost Absolutely Nothing to the team for a season?
This team has an over rated general manager at best!
Tanny is okay but he is not elite! Over priced if you asked me. One must be able to build a good team thru the draft! It's a younger man's game despite the anomaly that is 12 in Tampa I never understood the concept of paying a few players top dollar while scrambling to fill out the remaining roster with small salaries . This Gm in my opinion has made more minuses than pluses of late!

Yes I can name a team...... '12 49ers

1 WR A.J. Jenkins, 2 RB LaMichael James, 4 OG Joe Looney
5 LB Darius Fleming, 6 DB Trent Robinson 6 OT Jason Slowey 7 LB Cam Johnson

not trying to defend jrob, just genuinely curious, which edge rusher would you have wanted?

I liked Alex Highsmith who the Steelers took with their 3rd rnd comp pick....the draft class last yr was lacking in top end talent besides Chase Young, but I felt it was fairly deep.

The draft class may not be as bad as it looks in a couple of years. I still think injury had a lot to do with second and third round picks. Fulton I think will be a solid starter and Evans we just did not get to see enough off. Now first round pick was awful and we threw away a pick on the qb from Hawaii.

The biggest miss was not the draft it was missing in free agency with Clowney ( most of us wanted him it just did not work out). And the total whiff on Vic Beasley. 21 to 22 million dollar error.

Say what anyone wants, but J-Rob is still the best GM we have had since the team moved to tennessee! But he really needs to do better in this draft and in free agency.

He also signed Aaron Brewer as a UDFA who played very well in relief. He looks like he could be a big part of the OL moving forward as an eventual replacement for Saffold or Jones. At the very least he should be a great rotational player.

I agree about Fulton and Evans. I think they will be solid players for us moving forward.

No, it's really not. That's why the Browns, Bengals, Jets, Dolphins, Jags, etc. bask in constant suckitude, occasionally pushing their way up to the level of mediocrity before crashing back down again.

J-Rob's teams have yet to have a losing season. He found the best QB this franchise has seen since McNair, and he got him off the scrap heap. And we've made the playoffs in 3 of his 5 seasons. Considering the turd burger he took over, I'd say he's done a pretty amazing job.

He deserved criticism for 2020 for sure. But let's not forget that he assembled 90% of the players on the playoff teams we've seen under his tenure. This team was literally in shambles when he took over, with only about 3-4 starters who would have been starters somewhere else.
Should have said EASIER which was what I was implying. And yes, it is much easier to get a team to 9/7 level than Super Bowl level.

He also signed Aaron Brewer as a UDFA who played very well in relief. He looks like he could be a big part of the OL moving forward as an eventual replacement for Saffold or Jones. At the very least he should be a great rotational player.

I agree about Fulton and Evans. I think they will be solid players for us moving forward.
I hope Brewer is a stud, but we really have a small sample size to make that leap yet. Those types of signings make up for duds.

I hope Brewer is a stud, but we really have a small sample size to make that leap yet. Those types of signings make up for duds.

UDFAs are definitely a shot in the dark. But it's not like we didn't do at least some homework on him, so I give J-Rob props for striking gold on a player they scouted and liked enough to bring him on board.

Several teams in last years draft received very little help from their rookies. COVID was largely responsible for that.

I'm not sure how someone could be "overrated at best." Seems like an oxymoron.

I'm also not sure how J-Rob can be in the clock. Reminds me Zoolander.

480 × 241
H5 for the gif. I was going to post the same thing.

What kinda clock should JRob be in? The kind that's in a clearance aisle under over-rated! The window is closing on this team, one thing I will say about Brady is that while he was in NE he wasn't overpaid! It took this team 2 seasons to figure out that 22 was the top dog on this team! I still say we stood at 9-7 for a long time and the draft hasn't contributed enough to get us over the top. Stop overpaying a few and draft studs that want to play!

Your first round pick is a head case!
Your top free agent didn't want to play football!
Humphries couldn't stay healthy
And don't forget about the blown pick at pass rusher from Clemson
Sorry I can't give jrob a pass!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back