Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can name a dozen Browns draft classes that provided zero starters.

The verdict isn’t even out on last years class yet. For all we know Fulton, Evans, Brewer, Tart and Murchison could become starters.

And 2019’s class of Simmons, Brown, Davis, Hooker and Long Jr. could be one of the best Titans classes in history!
Brown's vs Titans..... Who won that game again?

Your crazy at this point. He's done better than most of the nfl's other gms. Injuries killed fulton and evans seasons, that's not predictable. Wilson turned into an asshole, not predictable. He signed the best two pass rushers available, one got hurt, one didn't want to play. He did what we wanted him to pretty much, just didn't work out

Project-Pigeon-Web.jpg

Your first round pick is a head case!
Your top free agent didn't want to play football!
Humphries couldn't stay healthy
And don't forget about the blown pick at pass rusher from Clemson
Sorry I can't give jrob a pass!
This is the same thread over and over.

He also put together an 11-5 division winning team. We can go back to his team the year before if it comes off as better being in the AFCCG.

Your crazy at this point. He's done better than most of the nfl's other gms. Injuries killed fulton and evans seasons, that's not predictable. Wilson turned into an *******, not predictable. He signed the best two pass rushers available, one got hurt, one didn't want to play. He did what we wanted him to pretty much, just didn't work out

Respectfully- He didn’t do better than most GMs last year. And he’s admitted it. Injuries may have shortened Fulton and Evans seasons but they didn’t do much at all BEFORE the injuries. Wilson by ALL pundits was a reach and a head scratcher pick. Totally disagree that due diligence revealed to avoid that risk pick. Clowney had a an ailment and avoided a physical claiming “Covid travel” medical restriction, but even before he was put on IR- he didn’t do chit. And Beasley, just a head case from day one. That should have been avoided.

point is JRob is RESPONSIBLE for each of those. It was a terrible year for him. He knows it. Don’t paint it a different color. JRob has had some good moves. He’ll most likely make more good moves than bad moves moving forward. Own it, take notice, move on and see what this year’s moves bring.

Def his worst yr as GM so far

And we went 11-5 as a result...

Seems like were fine getting little production from new players

If you ask me that speaks volumes about the kind of GM we have..

Def his worst yr as GM so far

And we went 11-5 as a result...

Seems like were fine getting little production from new players

If you ask me that speaks volumes about the kind of GM we have..
Or the coach who is responsible for using what he’s given.

Can you name another team in the modern era where the entire draft class contributed almost Absolutely Nothing to the team for a season?
This team has an over rated general manager at best!
Tanny is okay but he is not elite! Over priced if you asked me. One must be able to build a good team thru the draft! It's a younger man's game despite the anomaly that is 12 in Tampa I never understood the concept of paying a few players top dollar while scrambling to fill out the remaining roster with small salaries . This Gm in my opinion has made more minuses than pluses of late!

Top 10 in pro bowl selections the last 5 seasons. I’d say he's a top 10 GM. He’s not perfect and this draft has been rough so far, but overall he’s been a great GM.

I know that fans like to be binary pass fail and I know that anything that isn't perfect has to have someone to blame, but...

I think we really put too much on GM's. We had pass rush needs and Robinson got 2 of the better pass rush options on the market. What else can he do?

And how is he supposed to have the foresight that know that Adam Humphries is going to get knocked out cold on an illegal hit?

He deserves blame for reaching for Wilson when we needed pass rushers and cornerbacks (we got really lucky with Fulton, there was a real drop off in talent after he was taken).

...but I don't see how you blame him for Wilson having a mental breakdown.

Top 10 in pro bowl selections the last 5 seasons. I’d say he's a top 10 GM. He’s not perfect and this draft has been rough so far, but overall he’s been a great GM.

The Pro Bowl? Its a joke not really a measure for a GM.

JRob is a good GM not a great one, rough year this past season, this year he has some work to do. We'll see what the offseason and draft brings.
11-5 and AFC South Championship is great but I want a deep playoff run and the :trophy:

I know that fans like to be binary pass fail and I know that anything that isn't perfect has to have someone to blame, but...

I think we really put too much on GM's. We had pass rush needs and Robinson got 2 of the better pass rush options on the market. What else can he do?

And how is he supposed to have the foresight that know that Adam Humphries is going to get knocked out cold on an illegal hit?

He deserves blame for reaching for Wilson when we needed pass rushers and cornerbacks (we got really lucky with Fulton, there was a real drop off in talent after he was taken).

...but I don't see how you blame him for Wilson having a mental breakdown.
Well, I think the frustrating thing is the Edge was an issue for two years and we got Wake, Beasley, and the oft injured Clowney. Did not address in the draft. Kicker went sideways for way too long. He has had some pretty big misses with early picks and has not shown ingenuity in retaining players. No one could have predicted the pandemic which will clearly impact retention, but I suspect if we went back and graded every draft and FA acquisition he has made and then did a parallel with other options, we would see that JR is better than average, but not in the stratosphere. As I have stated a few times, I think this off season adds to or subtracts from his legacy depending on results. He isn’t in danger of termination, nor should he be, but, it’s time to find out if greatness lurks beneath the surface. If not, we should be a 10/11 win team for a few years and put on a a decent play off run or two. Many teams would take that outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back