Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will he be limited Monday night due to the short turnaround time after signing? Clowney just being out there helps because he draws double teams to open things up for Simmons and Landry.
Vrabel is smart with how he uses players, so yes IMO he will be limited monday to probably 30 or so plays

Denver aint like most places, the altitude takes a toll on athletes and Clowney just got signed

This is a huge signing. We finally have a guy that offenses have to fear on our Dline. He commands double teams and Simmons and Landry are going to benefit a lot from this I think. Clowney is also going to be extra motivated because he didn't get the huge deal he felt he deserved. He's on a mission to show the league he's worth it. We might get the best Clowney yet.

Biggest FA signing in Titans history.
Completely agree, I was getting tired of the Clowney watch, but glad we got him. Says alot about him when so many teams were after him up until the last minute....even trying to do a sign and trade for him

The signing is huge for Simmons, Landry, Beasley and the secondary

This is a huge signing. We finally have a guy that offenses have to fear on our Dline. He commands double teams and Simmons and Landry are going to benefit a lot from this I think. Clowney is also going to be extra motivated because he didn't get the huge deal he felt he deserved. He's on a mission to show the league he's worth it. We might get the best Clowney yet.

I agree, one year deals usually highly motivate these guys unless they really want out. This situation is different though because he wouldn’t sign if the Titans could tag him.

Completely agree, I was getting tired of the Clowney watch, but glad we got him. Says alot about him when so many teams were after him up until the last minute....even trying to do a sign and trade for him

The signing is huge for Simmons, Landry, Beasley and the secondary

Clowney is one of probably 5 pure elite edge defenders in the NFL. Everyone in here pointing to his sack numbers as to why he's "overrated" are just misinformed. So much goes into guys getting sacks. There is literal proof this guy faces double and even triple teams, but he still makes an impact. Making an impact against the run is going to be very helpful against a lot of the teams we play this year. Let's not discredit that.

Denver, Minnesota, Indy, Cleveland, Baltimore, Buffalo, Cincy. All teams who like to pound the rock. You've also got GB who committed to running more under ML.

Adding an elite edge defender is going to help us a lot this year.

I agree, one year deals usually highly motivate these guys unless they really want out. This situation is different though because he wouldn’t sign if the Titans could tag him.

He's got to prove he can stay healthy, and that he can put a complete season together. He probably thought a team would sign him to a massive deal this offseason and teams couldn't trust a long term deal with him. This is his chance to show the NFL he's worth it. Like I said, this could be the best Clowney we've seen yet. I sure hope so.

If he helps us reach the Super Bowl, yes. But I’d say Kevin Mawae and KVB are biggest FA signings until then.

hence why I said Clowney isn’t the biggest signing unless he takes us to the SB.

also, KVB and Mawae helped made our dline and oline elite and we were SB favorites in 08.

But if those signings didn't lead us to a Super Bowl why does Clowney have to do it to surpass them? That makes no sense. If it's all based on how far a team makes it then the Titans need to win one playoff game with Clowney to surpass those signings.

Let's not forget that Albert Haynesworth was the MVP of that defense in 2008 and is what made that defense elite. KVB was good but he was never an elite player. Clowney is an elite player.

If he helps us reach the Super Bowl, yes. But I’d say Kevin Mawae and KVB are biggest FA signings until then.

Kyle Vanden Bosh had 4 career sacks and one season with more than 13 tackles when we signed him.

The KVB signing was the free agency equivalent of when your coworker gets an extra McDonald's biscuit in the drive thru and gives it to you.

hence why I said Clowney isn’t the biggest signing unless he takes us to the SB.

also, KVB and Mawae helped made our dline and oline elite and we were SB favorites in 08.

I would Orakbo was a bigger free agent signing than KVB. KVB turned out to be a very good player for us, but his signing was not a big deal at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back