Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
While ppl call Clowney overrated, you could actually make a case that he’s underrated. They always talk about his low sack numbers but if you actually watch Clowney play, you’ll see when he’s on the field, he’s always involved in disrupting a play, tonight was a good example of that.

He was very obviously out of football shape and still made a huge impact on the game. When we have our whole d together, they are going to be really good.

While ppl call Clowney overrated, you could actually make a case that he’s underrated. They always talk about his low sack numbers but if you actually watch Clowney play, you’ll see when he’s on the field, he’s always involved in disrupting a play, tonight was a good example of that.

Absolutely.

I remember watching him in college with a friend. Carolina on defense. First down, he destroys the tackle, quarterback has to step up, DT gets a sack. Second down, run play at him, he contains, rb bounces inside, linebacker cleans up play for minimal gain, making it like 3rd and 14. Third down, Clowney gets double teamed successfully, throws his hand up, and tips a pass. Three and out.

At that point, my friend was like, "Clowney is so overrated. He never makes plays." And I'm like, "What are you talking about, he stopped all 3 plays?"

With his athleticism, people expect him to be a finisher. And if people expect you to be something that you aren't, it is pretty easy for them to miss all the things that you are.

Agreed, I noticed him right away. You know who I didn't notice? Landry, don't think I noticed him once. I like him as a player, but goes to show the difference maker Clowney can be. He needs to stay healthy, and we need Adoree back. Oh, and Evans to not punch ppl would be great lol.

Agreed, I noticed him right away. You know who I didn't notice? Landry, don't think I noticed him once. I like him as a player, but goes to show the difference maker Clowney can be. He needs to stay healthy, and we need Adoree back. Oh, and Evans to not punch ppl would be great lol.
I guess you didn’t watch the game.

Landry was making plays all night long.

Must have not watched the same game I did

I wish Clowney was as consistent as Landry. He often gets caught out of position. Will be interesting when we get Beasley back where we can have all three on the field where Clowney can move around.

Well, to be out of shape and basically 6 days of practice, he’s doing pretty well. I suspect we will see him hit that level of consistency when he catches up in physical shape and playbook familiarity.

man needs to get in shape and take over a game here and there. he still shows up but you can tell 2nd half he isnt the same guy right now

I wish Clowney was as consistent as Landry. He often gets caught out of position. Will be interesting when we get Beasley back where we can have all three on the field where Clowney can move around.

Totally agree. QB’s are playing Clooney’s pursuit with slip screens- RB’s are taking it outside for chunks when he over pursues in the backfield. He’s a beast- just need him to be a bit more disciplined. Could be Vrabel has green lighted him to wreak havoc- I dunno. But I agree he’s been out of position a few times and its cost us big chunk plays and kept us on the field after a 3rd and long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back