Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
GLinks said:
I can understand that. I think Reggie would make our offense so very fluid, like trying to contain water.

sorry, according to my dream last night, Reggie is playing for my local team. Me and him are splitting carries.

GLinks, but Peter Carroll said:

"If I were to pick a better QB, Carson Palmer, if I wanted to pick a winner, a team leader - Leinart".

Wednesday ......

"Of course going into the week a lot of the hype centered around Vanderbilt's Jay Cutler and from what I have seen he has been up and down. There have been flashes of brilliance with him and at times he looks like a future star, but he is very inconsistent. In fact, in a lot of ways he reminds me of Kyle Boller when he was coming out a few years ago. I definitely think Cutler is a first round pick, but in my mind I don't see him as a Top 10 "Can't Miss" guy by any means. " - NFL Draft Countdown

but on Thursday ......

Vanderbilt quarterback Jay Cutler looked sharp and threw well on the run and in my opinion it was his best performance of the week.
-nfldraftcountdown.com

I can only hope we get Lineart, but in thinking about it, the fans are going to be ready for a new QB in '07, so maybe we pay Steve the 1 million, take the option for 1 year, and then let him go??

I guess that all depends on how happy we are with either Volek or whoever we decide to bring in. Plus McNair is on the verge of retirement (according to him) anyways. I still think he could play another four years or so if he wanted.

thnom said:
GLinks, but Peter Carroll said:

"If I were to pick a better QB, Carson Palmer, if I wanted to pick a winner, a team leader - Leinart".

Schhhhnap! Now that's a good statement. :ha:

Diss, Palmer, diss. (Seriously, Palmer, hope you get better soon.)

i heard some chatter tonight regarding Cutler

some people are stating to slot Cutler to us #3, without trading out

let's see Saturday how he does .... but he's bound to make some money

Troupe4Prez said:
The other Qb's havent looked that sharp either???? Kinda sucks the top talent isn't even on showcase here.

which top talent would that be?

Leinart ?
Young?(who isn't eligible)

those 2 had their showcase
in Young's case there's nothing left to show

Matt had an opportunity to go to Mobile, he chose not to
I'm guessing he didn't want to play outside his little comfort level

Matt feels his stock is high enough already
he lost money by returning to school

it's possible that he falls out of the top5

Brick
Young
Bush
Cutler
Hawk

it is possible

Young
Cutler
Bush
Ferguson
DWilliams

Bush
Young
Ferguson
Cutler
Hawk

Ferguson
Cutler
Bush
Young
Williams

Ferguson
Cutler
Young
Bush
Hawk

though I don't know if we take Young or not with Bush on the board. That'll be interesting if it happens.

it's so weird to be thinking of Cutler surpassing Young and Leinart

but all things considered ...... for instance:
there's alot of talk that some teams would not want to undertake a "gamble" on Young with his weird release and persistent use of the shotgun (no McNair comparisons please)
outlook: Vince is sure to be a weapon, but he could also be a liability

there's alot of talk that Matt is simlply a product of the USC system and would likely have not succeeded in a lesser offense against better competition. his arm strength is also a concern
outlook : Matt may already be at his peak or has been there and declined

then there's Jay
a relative hero of sorts. did alot with next to nothing. has a bullet for an arm. has got to be intelligent considering his institution. led his team either to victory or in position to win several times
there was no Reggie or LenDale for him to rely on
anything he needs to work on (footwork, decisiveness) can all be fixed rather quickly
outlook: he's got all the intangibles and surrounding talent 'should' only make him better

it's weird ..... to hope Jay is available @ 3 :stars:

GLinks said:
Young
Cutler
Bush
Ferguson
DWilliams

Bush
Young
Ferguson
Cutler
Hawk

Ferguson
Cutler
Bush
Young
Williams

Ferguson
Cutler
Young
Bush
Hawk

though I don't know if we take Young or not with Bush on the board. That'll be interesting if it happens.

whats up G ?
in all these scenarios, you have Cutler either going in front or behind us
but not TO us .... whats up with that

you realize that Jeff practically begged to coach at the Senior Bowl right?
who do you think he wanted a better look at ?
:brow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back