Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so. While I get the "it's a business and look out for yourself" concept, there's a balance between being a smart business person and being a greedy hog. Pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered.

I'd love to hear some examples where being a diva worked out. It certainly didn't work out Le'Veon' Bell. Antonio Brown got a ring but he significantly hurt his pocket. That's not smart business. Adams and Hill didn't act like Divas. Diggs, Christian Kirk, Mike Williams? I don't think they're divas. Maybe you can say Diggs was diva-ish when he requested a trade but I don't remember it being dramatic.

It's crazy how quickly this board has changed from: "no way in heck we trade AJ" to "Meh, might as well get rid of him". The only thing that's changed are the things he's said and done. It's been what, two weeks? Not smart business. DK and Terry Mac said they'll still participate with their teams. Both are in worse situations than AJ.

I say if he's asking for $20+ and we can get a 1st plus additional picks, good riddance. Can't invest that much into potentially lingering knee issues. My only concern is now that now we've lost some leverage because of what he's said.

The only way to fix this is capping positions. Otherwise the players will always go after the money. They have agents and family members in their ears.

The only way to fix this is capping positions. Otherwise the players will always go after the money. They have agents and family members in their ears.
That's what the salary cap is for. If teams want to be stupid and pay 10% to 15% of the salary cap on 1 WRs, that's on them. Who has a better chance of winning the Super Bowl this year, KC or the Dolphins? GB or the Raiders?

My point wasn't that players can't chase money, but they don't need to alienate their team to do so. From my short-term memory, being a diva doesn't typically work out in their favor. I could be wrong.

And I'm not saying AJ is being a diva, but sometimes saying nothing, putting your nose down, and working hard, are the best ways to get paid. Examples: Derrick Henry, Kevin Byard, and Harold Landry.

Breakdown by year

2019 -16 games, 61 in catches, 24 in yards, 29 in YPG, 9T in TD
2020 - 14 games, 32 in catches, 16 in yards, 14 YPG, 5T TD
2021 - 13 games, 45 in catches, 32 in yards, 20 YPG, 40T TD.

He’s not top 10, certainly not borderline top 5.

That includes TEs and RBs. Top 15 among WRs in yards. Top 10 in TDs. 2nd in yards per reception.

So what...it's their team, they got it going...I get the players put fans in the seats but the salaries are out of control...no one is worth 30 mil a year
Players are the team
The team are the players

we the fans pay the ticket prices an pays to watch the networks that pay for the rights to broadcast

it’s business

Players are the team
The team are the players

we the fans pay the ticket prices an pays to watch the networks that pay for the rights to broadcast

it’s business
There would be no team without the owners...I get what you're saying but like I said it's out of control...the more the salaries go up, the tickets go up and us normal Joe's can't afford it

There would be no team without the owners...I get what you're saying but like I said it's out of control...the more the salaries go up, the tickets go up and us normal Joe's can't afford it
Pay players based on performance
This is a performance based league

owners don’t get what they want, they move teams or strong arm cities or states
players hold out or demand trades, it’s the same behavior as the owners

Pay players based on performance
This is a performance based league

owners don’t get what they want, they move teams or strong arm cities or states
players hold out or demand trades, it’s the same behavior as the owners
That's what I thought would work..play well, get paid well...I like that idea

That includes TEs and RBs. Top 15 among WRs in yards. Top 10 in TDs. 2nd in yards per reception.
Ok. New breakdown removing RB and TE that surpassed a top “10 WR” and including YPC (which is never an actual identifier for top WR)

2019 - cth 41, yards 21, YPG 26, TD 7T, YPC 2
2020 - cth 27, yards 14, YPG 12, TD 5T, YPC 12
2021 - cth 34, yards 29, YPG 18, TD 30T, YPC 25

Still not a top 10 WR and definitely not a Top 5.

Titans GM Jon Robinson "does not foresee" the team trading A.J. Brown.

That is NOT an absolute no lol
That is DEFINITELY “GM speak” for we’ll take your phone call to make us an offer”

and honestly, we should trade him for any 1st round plus another 2nd round swap.

"Robinson said that he’s had discussions with Brown’s representatives and declined to give any insight about whether those talks have moved the two sides toward an agreement. Until one is reached, there will likely be questions about whether Robinson sees anything different on the horizon but there’s no sign that the answers will be changing in Tennessee".

Ok. New breakdown removing RB and TE that surpassed a top “10 WR” and including YPC (which is never an actual identifier for top WR)

2019 - cth 41, yards 21, YPG 26, TD 7T, YPC 2
2020 - cth 27, yards 14, YPG 12, TD 5T, YPC 12
2021 - cth 34, yards 29, YPG 18, TD 30T, YPC 25

Still not a top 10 WR and definitely not a Top 5.

You keep posting receptions like they matter in an offense that runs the ball 30 times a game. I told you his overall numbers over the last 3 seasons. There's always outliers that skew yearly results, but those players having outlier seasons will weed themselves out over several years. What we do know, is that AJ Brown remains top 15 in total receiving yards, Top 10 in total Rec TDs, and Top 2 in YPC over the entire span, and that's while missing 7 games in the most run heavy offense in football.

His total numbers are really close to Tyreek Hill over this same span as well in 1 less game and with Tyreek getting passes from Mahomes and AJ getting passes from Mary and Tanne.

You keep posting receptions like they matter in an offense that runs the ball 30 times a game. I told you his overall numbers over the last 3 seasons. There's always outliers that skew yearly results, but those players having outlier seasons will weed themselves out over several years. What we do know, is that AJ Brown remains top 15 in total receiving yards, Top 10 in total Rec TDs, and Top 2 in YPC over the entire span, and that's while missing 7 games in the most run heavy offense in football.

His total numbers are really close to Tyreek Hill over this same span as well in 1 less game and with Tyreek getting passes from Mahomes and AJ getting passes from Mary and Tanne.
I think it’s important to recognize that even in such a small sample size, he’s pretty consistent at around 30th in catches, 18-19 in yards, maybe around 10 in TD, around 15 in YPG.
That’s key because to me, any WR I’m going to claim is a top 10 WR in the league, is going to show that he can in fact be top 10 in something consistently. Brown comes off as consistently a top 20 guy when averaging the entire body of production over just TD.

There is subjectivity to your argument (and mine). Even though I agree he doesnt have the same opportunities in Tennessee as he would in say KC, it is hypothetical to assume that all of those numbers increase just because he’s on a new team and it’s equally hypothetical for me to argue that his numbers drop on another team due to some other subjective reason, for example, more WR with enough talent to steal targets.

I think he’s a pretty good WR, even compared league wide, just not top 10. I think your argument loses merit entirely arguing he’s a top 5 WR.
The same Mary QB produced equal to or better results out of delanie Walker.
The same Tannehill got close to or better production out of Jarvis Landry
Were they top 10 WR? Obviously Walker considered among WR, not TE.

Don’t care what anyone says, YPC is not valid to determine a top WR. Guys like Devery Henderson made a living off YPC.

It doesn't matter I he is top 5. Let him get paid somewhere else. Wr position is not worth 20m a year. We'll take a 1st and a couple more picks and it'll work out just fine for us

"Robinson said that he’s had discussions with Brown’s representatives and declined to give any insight about whether those talks have moved the two sides toward an agreement. Until one is reached, there will likely be questions about whether Robinson sees anything different on the horizon but there’s no sign that the answers will be changing in Tennessee".
JRob spoke to Cleveland? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back