Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve watched the receivers in this draft and he can be replaced if need be. A really good class. 5 that I would consider 5* receivers.

AJ is legit a top 10 WR. Borderline top 5. No matter what you think of this class, it's unlikely they are going to be as good as AJ.

I am good trading a guy with chronic knee issues lets get one and a 2 and roll on. Big Jeff or AJ, I want to sign Big Jeff we are a running team
If there is a legit choice between Jeff and AJ, AJ is gone 1000x out of a hundred. Not even close to comparable for importance to the team success and actual planned usage.

AJ is legit a top 10 WR. Borderline top 5. No matter what you think of this class, it's unlikely they are going to be as good as AJ.
No he’s not. Top 5 borderline or top 10.

Even if he is, the titans don’t use him as such so he’s not worth paying like a top 10 WR.

There is only so much to go around, and as the players continue to get more greedy, it will eventually collapse. It is destined to anyways, like most things these days. Everyone can’t get paid whatever they want, that is just reality. All it takes is one dumb team to overpay for a player and then every player at that position wants more than that person got or they refuse to play. They will not work for the long haul, I promise. Teams always pay the guaranteed portion of a contract whether the player continues playing for them or not. Players need to play for what they agree to when they sign. The players will destroy the league before its over and then they will be wishing they had kept their mouths shut and made their millions.

This is all true, but the players are only thinking about themselves, not the teams or the NFL. Which isn't a bad play, because you only have a few years in the league, get it while the getting is good. Yes, there is value in winning a sb, with long term endorsements. But, it's still not a bad idea for players to get there money now. And imo, aj can get it somewhere else and we'll take 3 or 4 picks

I like AJ but I can see him turning into a TO, Antonio Brown Type real fast....same goes for DK Metcalf
Yes this is such an obvious arc for him.

And I actually can see him getting traded.

There's smoke here and people acting like is all a nothingburger doesn't make sense when we literally just saw two WR1s get dealt by legit Superbowl contenders.

Last edited by a moderator:
No he’s not. Top 5 borderline or top 10.

Even if he is, the titans don’t use him as such so he’s not worth paying like a top 10 WR.

Top 10 in receiving TDs among WRs since he came into the league. Top 15 in yards. And this with missing 7 games over the last 2 years and playing in the most run heavy team in the league with Tanne at QB.

Top 10 in receiving TDs among WRs since he came into the league. Top 15 in yards. And this with missing 7 games over the last 2 years and playing in the most run heavy team in the league with Tanne at QB.
Breakdown by year

2019 -16 games, 61 in catches, 24 in yards, 29 in YPG, 9T in TD
2020 - 14 games, 32 in catches, 16 in yards, 14 YPG, 5T TD
2021 - 13 games, 45 in catches, 32 in yards, 20 YPG, 40T TD.

He’s not top 10, certainly not borderline top 5.

Nobody ever admits the window has shut until a dub .500 season. But we all know the rarified air of a Lombardi is breathed in at windows widest opening.

we have a good D- most of which remains intact. But a lot of it has moved on. We have “potential” young talent- although they have been injured do?????

Julio didn’t work out- lost draft capital. Spent more to replace that bad move. We’re cap strapped to PBS Tannehill. And DH22, our generational RB, coming off a Jones fracture. He’s been overused and has the injury to prove it. We let go a great replacement.

we have a really good HC, albeit stubborn and coach loyal to a fault.

I love this team. I would suggest to those who don’t see how bad the window has shut is that it at the very least has shut 3/4’s of the way. We’ll be lucky to get in playoffs next year.
I genuinely think this may be Tannehill and Henry’s last year as Titans. If we play our cards right at QB, we may be in good shape moving forward. That’s why I’d like to take a shot on someone like Howell or Corral at 26.

Probably tired of getting bombarded with people calling him a diva.

In all reality, social media maturity likely means not having social media. Probably not a bad way to go although extremely unlikely and probably counterproductive to marketing one’s self.
Not necessarily true. A lot of players using social media well. Look at our very own Derrick Henry, who not only was in the same contract situation, we actually Franchise Tagged him first, and he signed it in good faith. No drama, no BS. He trusted the team. He got paid.

Man, you have to understand that this is a business. Each player is their own business, that works for a bigger business (the team), that works for a bigger business (the league). It's not wrong for players to go after the money while they are still able to play in the league. The NFL will take you out as soon as your no longer profitable, so why would players not get that money while they still can. Acting like a diva seems to work for a lot of guys and that's why they do it. I don't particularly like the attitudes either, but it comes with the territory. There's nothing wrong with guys not being team first guys anymore, because that's how the league has been built, they are just playing the same game the owners play now. Nobody ever complains when a guy is underpaid because it helps their team, but that is a real problem too
I don't think so. While I get the "it's a business and look out for yourself" concept, there's a balance between being a smart business person and being a greedy hog. Pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered.

I'd love to hear some examples where being a diva worked out. It certainly didn't work out Le'Veon' Bell. Antonio Brown got a ring but he significantly hurt his pocket. That's not smart business. Adams and Hill didn't act like Divas. Diggs, Christian Kirk, Mike Williams? I don't think they're divas. Maybe you can say Diggs was diva-ish when he requested a trade but I don't remember it being dramatic.

It's crazy how quickly this board has changed from: "no way in heck we trade AJ" to "Meh, might as well get rid of him". The only thing that's changed are the things he's said and done. It's been what, two weeks? Not smart business. DK and Terry Mac said they'll still participate with their teams. Both are in worse situations than AJ.

I say if he's asking for $20+ and we can get a 1st plus additional picks, good riddance. Can't invest that much into potentially lingering knee issues. My only concern is now that now we've lost some leverage because of what he's said.

I genuinely think this may be Tannehill and Henry’s last year as Titans. If we play our cards right at QB, we may be in good shape moving forward. That’s why I’d like to take a shot on someone like Howell or Corral at 26.
I think it may well be Tannehill’s last year, but not Henry’s. The draft will tell us a lot.

Not necessarily true. A lot of players using social media well. Look at our very own Derrick Henry, who not only was in the same contract situation, we actually Franchise Tagged him first, and he signed it in good faith. No drama, no BS. He trusted the team. He got paid.
I think it’s why so many people love Henry. I think he’s more the exception than the rule though. I think AJ Brown is closer to the “norm”.

I don't think so. While I get the "it's a business and look out for yourself" concept, there's a balance between being a smart business person and being a greedy hog. Pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered.

I'd love to hear some examples where being a diva worked out. It certainly didn't work out Le'Veon' Bell. Antonio Brown got a ring but he significantly hurt his pocket. That's not smart business. Adams and Hill didn't act like Divas. Diggs, Christian Kirk, Mike Williams? I don't think they're divas. Maybe you can say Diggs was diva-ish when he requested a trade but I don't remember it being dramatic.

It's crazy how quickly this board has changed from: "no way in heck we trade AJ" to "Meh, might as well get rid of him". The only thing that's changed are the things he's said and done. It's been what, two weeks? Not smart business. DK and Terry Mac said they'll still participate with their teams. Both are in worse situations than AJ.

I say if he's asking for $20+ and we can get a 1st plus additional picks, good riddance. Can't invest that much into potentially lingering knee issues. My only concern is now that now we've lost some leverage because of what he's said.
Not sure if diva is right for Rodgers, but I believe he got a big payday before winning the SB.

that said, you’re absolutely correct, there needs to be some balance with a player going after a higher payday and keeping the team in mind.

I don’t think that’s an easy task either. Not only is there no “set” pay amount, but the organization is always going to push for the least amount a player is willing to accept.

while there is injury risk as well, I just don’t think Tennessee’s offense can afford to invest all that much into WR, they just aren’t used enough and it doesn’t seem there is any chance there is a 100 catch 1300 yard guy in Nashville any time soon. I’d argue those are at least the goal numbers for someone getting $20+ mil/season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back