Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The window is absolutely not shut.

this D is still going to be good which automatically puts you in the conversation. Match with a weak division and playoffs are likely. Now let’s pretend, cincy wasn’t the best team in the AFC last year (they weren’t), so a playoff trip means legit chance at SB shot.

the biggest question marks aren’t if the window is closed, it’s if Downing and THill can get out of the way enough to actually use the window. henry still has a couple more years at least, run the ball, play it safe, let the D win games. Titans just beat some of the best the AFC has to offer (and NFC considering they beat SF and LAR).
Totally agree it being on Downing and Tannehill

The window is absolutely not shut.

this D is still going to be good which automatically puts you in the conversation. Match with a weak division and playoffs are likely. Now let’s pretend, cincy wasn’t the best team in the AFC last year (they weren’t), so a playoff trip means legit chance at SB shot.

the biggest question marks aren’t if the window is closed, it’s if Downing and THill can get out of the way enough to actually use the window. henry still has a couple more years at least, run the ball, play it safe, let the D win games. Titans just beat some of the best the AFC has to offer (and NFC considering they beat SF and LAR).
Nobody ever admits the window has shut until a dub .500 season. But we all know the rarified air of a Lombardi is breathed in at windows widest opening.

we have a good D- most of which remains intact. But a lot of it has moved on. We have “potential” young talent- although they have been injured do?????

Julio didn’t work out- lost draft capital. Spent more to replace that bad move. We’re cap strapped to PBS Tannehill. And DH22, our generational RB, coming off a Jones fracture. He’s been overused and has the injury to prove it. We let go a great replacement.

we have a really good HC, albeit stubborn and coach loyal to a fault.

I love this team. I would suggest to those who don’t see how bad the window has shut is that it at the very least has shut 3/4’s of the way. We’ll be lucky to get in playoffs next year.

Nobody ever admits the window has shut until a dub .500 season. But we all know the rarified air of a Lombardi is breathed in at windows widest opening.

we have a good D- most of which remains intact. But a lot of it has moved on. We have “potential” young talent- although they have been injured do?????

Julio didn’t work out- lost draft capital. Spent more to replace that bad move. We’re cap strapped to PBS Tannehill. And DH22, our generational RB, coming off a Jones fracture. He’s been overused and has the injury to prove it. We let go a great replacement.

I love this team. I would suggest to those who don’t see how bad the window has shut is that it at the very least has shut 3/4’s of the way. We’ll be lucky to get in playoffs next year.
Concern for Henry is warranted, don’t want to see a failure to recover. I do think Henry breaks the mold a little and he’s recovering from an injury other players have recovered from.

I’ll throw another example of a team with the “window closed” and as you pointed out, was specifically thought of after the sub .500 season.

99’ 13-3
00’ 13-3
01’ 7-9
02’ 11-5
03’ 12-4
04’ then the wheels fall off to 5-11 and 4-12.

I’m stating that not only does it look like this team is mostly intact from last season as #1 seed but in reality, all the talk aside, who has actually improved enough to say without a doubt, they’re better than the titans? Are there enough teams that Tennessee is at risk of missing the playoffs?
If a team is expected to make post season or at least we’ll within that conversation, they’re window isn’t closed.

Now, if your stance is based of Downing and THill still in town, then I understand your overall concern, but that’s different to me than a closed window, that’s a wasted window which Tennessee has a full, rich history of doing.

I don't think our window is necessarily closed at this point. But, I don't see us getting to a sb with tanny, especially at his cap number. If he was getting paid 20m and we could add players with the money saved, then I'd have a lot more confidence. But the fact that tanny is still here, makes me doubt we can do anything special for the next 2 years. We need a rookie qb on a rookie deal period.

I don't think our window is necessarily closed at this point. But, I don't see us getting to a sb with tanny, especially at his cap number. If he was getting paid 20m and we could add players with the money saved, then I'd have a lot more confidence. But the fact that tanny is still here, makes me doubt we can do anything special for the next 2 years. We need a rookie qb on a rookie deal period.

We will never make a super bowl with Ryan Tannehill.

Contender teams are going to dare us to throw.

If Tanny balls out next yr then my guess is that we would extend him next yr to lower his cap hit.

[

Rams missed the playoffs in 2019. So did the Bucs.

I want to be hopeful I really do BUT I feel like we’re kidding ourselves by putting too much confidence in our QB and CBs.

At the very least we needed (still need to) bring in a #2 QB capable of taking over and becoming starter IF Tannehill starts to stink it up or gets hurt.

As for corner, we’ll get feasted on if our young guys don’t level up into the studs JR is expecting them to become.

The Colts were already a decent team and have become a much more dangerous passing attack by adding Matt Ryan. Our young guys better be ready because they’ll get picked apart if not.

I want to be hopeful I really do BUT I feel like we’re kidding ourselves by putting too much confidence in our QB and CBs.

At the very least we needed (still need to) bring in a #2 QB capable of taking over and becoming starter IF Tannehill starts to stink it up or gets hurt.

As for corner, we’ll get feasted on if our young guys don’t level up into the studs JR is expecting them to become.

The Colts were already a decent team and have become a much more dangerous passing attack by adding Matt Ryan. Our young guys better be ready because they’ll get picked apart if not.

The Colts are trash. Their coaching is trash. Ryan still doesn’t have anyone to throw too, even if you say he is better than Wentz. He isn’t that much better. They have a really good RB and nothing. If the Titans were fielding that WR corps YALL would be going crazy. There is NOTHING a dangerous about their passing attack.

The Colts are trash. Their coaching is trash. Ryan still doesn’t have anyone to throw too, even if you say he is better than Wentz. He isn’t that much better. They have a really good RB and nothing. If the Titans were fielding that WR corps YALL would be going crazy. There is NOTHING a dangerous about their passing attack.
:coltssuck:

I do agree that Ryan doesn't have any weapons. Colts got all that money to spend and don't spend a lick of it on skill players. So strange.

Cool thing is, our rivals in the division aren’t that scary to me. Should have a great shot at winning our division. No post season, no chance!

I do agree that Ryan doesn't have any weapons. Colts got all that money to spend and don't spend a lick of it on skill players. So strange.

it wouldn’t surprise me at all if the Colts somehow traded for DK Metcalf….Ballard has shown he will trade and pay guys. Seattle would like to get an extra pick in next yrs draft as ammo to get their future QB

it wouldn’t surprise me at all if the Colts somehow traded for DK Metcalf….Ballard has shown he will trade and pay guys. Seattle would like to get an extra pick in next yrs draft as ammo to get their future QB

Ballard has shown to be a moron ( might be fired after this season) who squandered a lot of cap money and draft assets for nothing.

Wouldn't surprise me either, they have 16 mil in cap space... Their 3rd this year and a first next year could do it?
Wouldn't surprise me if they sign Julio either to reunite with Ryan, give him a familiar target, and Julio not having to be a #1

View attachment 19557

Adams brought back 2 firsts. Hill brought back a slew of picks too. I think you underestimate how desperate some of these teams/GMs are.

Adams brought back 2 firsts. Hill brought back a slew of picks too. I think you underestimate how desperate some of these teams/GMs are.
Regardless, AJ is going to have to REALLY produce this season to warrant the kind of money Diggs, Adams, or Hill got. Name recognition isn't going to be enough.

Yes but I'm thinking Seattle regrets that trade... desperate or stupid?

AJ is not Tyreek Hill but if a team wants to throw multiple picks at us for him...I would hope JRob takes it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back