Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appearing on The Rich Eisen Show Thursday, Titans coach Mike Vrabel flatly denied there is a chance A.J. Brown could be traded.

"Not as long as I'm the head coach," was Vrabel's response to the question of Brown's trade status. Formerly denied through back channels, the Titans have now put a public name on it. Brown will not be dealt, even though extension talks seem to be stagnant. Two months shy of his 25th birthday, Brown is headed into the final year of his rookie contract.

Appearing on The Rich Eisen Show Thursday, Titans coach Mike Vrabel flatly denied there is a chance A.J. Brown could be traded.

"Not as long as I'm the head coach," was Vrabel's response to the question of Brown's trade status. Formerly denied through back channels, the Titans have now put a public name on it. Brown will not be dealt, even though extension talks seem to be stagnant. Two months shy of his 25th birthday, Brown is headed into the final year of his rookie contract.
If I remember correctly, Vrabel also said he’s going to be coach for awhile, so I guess that’s it, AJ Brown is gong to remain a titan.

Regardless, AJ is going to have to REALLY produce this season to warrant the kind of money Diggs, Adams, or Hill got. Name recognition isn't going to be enough.

He is probably gonna get paid 20 million regardless as long as he stays mostly healthy. He's been pne of the most productive WRs in the league since he was drafted. Top 10 in every category I think. And that is playing in the most run heavy offense in the league and missing 7 games over the last 2 years.

Yes but I'm thinking Seattle regrets that trade... desperate or stupid?

AJ is not Tyreek Hill but if a team wants to throw multiple picks at us for him...I would hope JRob takes it

Hill stats the last 3 seasons vs Brown:

Hill: 44 games, 256 Rec., 3375 yds, 31 TDs, 13.2 y/r

Brown: 43 games, 185 Rec, 2995 yds, 24 TDs, 16.2 y/r

So their numbers are actually fairly close overall. Hill with more yards and TDs in 1 more game played, but on way more receptions with arguably the best QB in the world. And Brown is 3 years younger than Hill.

The rest of that sentence in his head was: "Not as long as I'm the head coach"... or we get a stupid deal like two first round picks or the player starts to suck."

I'd hate to see Brown go...but I'd also hate to see the Titans pay him huge money and his knees be shot by the 2nd year of the deal. (Which seems like a possibility)

I used to like AJ Brown a lot, but he acts extremely immature on social media. Like a straight up child. These players always want a new contract for more money when they over perform, but you never see them offering any refunds when they underperform after signing a big deal, which is the case more often than not. NFL players these days are sickening to be honest. All about themselves instead of the game. Totally different league than 20 years ago.

I used to like AJ Brown a lot, but he acts extremely immature on social media. Like a straight up child. These players always want a new contract for more money when they over perform, but you never see them offering any refunds when they underperform after signing a big deal, which is the case more often than not. NFL players these days are sickening to be honest. All about themselves instead of the game. Totally different league than 20 years ago.
Probably tired of getting bombarded with people calling him a diva.

In all reality, social media maturity likely means not having social media. Probably not a bad way to go although extremely unlikely and probably counterproductive to marketing one’s self.

Probably tired of getting bombarded with people calling him a diva.

In all reality, social media maturity likely means not having social media. Probably not a bad way to go although extremely unlikely and probably counterproductive to marketing one’s self.
Because he is a diva. If you don’t want to be called one, probably shouldn’t make posts about not being one. He constantly writes weird posts and then deletes them soon after.

Man, you have to understand that this is a business. Each player is their own business, that works for a bigger business (the team), that works for a bigger business (the league). It's not wrong for players to go after the money while they are still able to play in the league. The NFL will take you out as soon as your no longer profitable, so why would players not get that money while they still can. Acting like a diva seems to work for a lot of guys and that's why they do it. I don't particularly like the attitudes either, but it comes with the territory. There's nothing wrong with guys not being team first guys anymore, because that's how the league has been built, they are just playing the same game the owners play now. Nobody ever complains when a guy is underpaid because it helps their team, but that is a real problem too

I’ve watched the receivers in this draft and he can be replaced if need be. A really good class. 5 that I would consider 5* receivers.

Man, you have to understand that this is a business. Each player is their own business, that works for a bigger business (the team), that works for a bigger business (the league). It's not wrong for players to go after the money while they are still able to play in the league. The NFL will take you out as soon as your no longer profitable, so why would players not get that money while they still can. Acting like a diva seems to work for a lot of guys and that's why they do it. I don't particularly like the attitudes either, but it comes with the territory. There's nothing wrong with guys not being team first guys anymore, because that's how the league has been built, they are just playing the same game the owners play now. Nobody ever complains when a guy is underpaid because it helps their team, but that is a real problem too
There is only so much to go around, and as the players continue to get more greedy, it will eventually collapse. It is destined to anyways, like most things these days. Everyone can’t get paid whatever they want, that is just reality. All it takes is one dumb team to overpay for a player and then every player at that position wants more than that person got or they refuse to play. They will not work for the long haul, I promise. Teams always pay the guaranteed portion of a contract whether the player continues playing for them or not. Players need to play for what they agree to when they sign. The players will destroy the league before its over and then they will be wishing they had kept their mouths shut and made their millions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve watched the receivers in this draft and he can be replaced if need be. A really good class. 5 that I would consider 5* receivers.

We probably don't get a super great sample size either if we're still riding Tannehill's coat tails again this year -- at least not one that would warrant a "highest paid WR in NFL contract."

A.J. Brown - Injury History (draftsharks.com)

x5 injuries just last season alone -- and wasn't it in 2020 he was dealing with a leg/foot injury ALL year long that he had to get surgery for in the offseason? Just saying, if we go the route of the trade - it is kind of justified, especially with the Gibberish going around the NFL media lately.

We could fleece someone like the Falcons did us...... The fleecey becomes the fleecer..

According to this
Wide Receiver Contracts and Salaries | Over The Cap

By avg per year standards, Titans already overpaid for woods and and a handful of other WR are definitely overpaid (Kirk) so, if AJ Brown is asking for over payment than what he’s actually worth, he can’t be re-signed. If he does t want to play without a new contract, let him sit.
I’m on the 100% let any player sit that threatens not to play.

I am good trading a guy with chronic knee issues lets get one and a 2 and roll on. Big Jeff or AJ, I want to sign Big Jeff we are a running team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back