Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
AAS talking about “collaboration”. Harbaugh fired from 49ers for power hierarchy disagreement with Baalke. No way Amy takes that on.

AAS talking about “collaboration”. Harbaugh fired from 49ers for power hierarchy disagreement with Baalke. No way Amy takes that on.

The Titans are not hiring, IMHO an established older wants more control type guy. They will hire one of these offense minded young guns who won’t mind rebuilding and creating a modern NFL team. I imagine the DC will be an older gritty defense former HC guy who can help with culture and dealing with player egos. Asst Head Coach title type thing.

I like the idea of a collaborative effort. We will see if it works.

Would the Titans or anybody be interested in a Belichick retiring to his hometown and becoming a consultant. Assuming he doesn’t coach anymore.

Would the Titans or anybody be interested in a Belichick retiring to his hometown and becoming a consultant. Assuming he doesn’t coach anymore.
of course but he has no ties to our team so i dont see any way that happens. if anything he'd do that in NE

Last edited by a moderator:
of course not but he has no ties to our team so i dont see any way that happens. if anything he'd do that in NE
I agree.

If anything going back to the hypothetical made up positions, I’d still see Peyton manning or Jeff fisher as more likely, neither of which are likely at all.
Don’t want Fisher and Manning is living his life, getting paid, to do everything NFL not attached to any teams.

I think he offered that and Kraft said no. That was pretty clear. He is gone from Patriots.
well he's like 26 games away from the all-time record. he said specifically he wants to coach for 3-5 more years. obviously just so he can hit that.

i could see him going back after that.

I agree.

If anything going back to the hypothetical made up positions, I’d still see Peyton manning or Jeff fisher as more likely, neither of which are likely at all.
Don’t want Fisher and Manning is living his life, getting paid, to do everything NFL not attached to any teams.

The Manning lovers in the Titans fanbase still hold out hope he will come save the titans with his brilliance

Huh? silly. Zero connection to this team. Waaay back in the 82 his daddy played for the Oilers. Never coached. Tied heavily to Broncos now.
He’s mentioning the manning fans, generally Tennessee Volunteer fans.
Before he went to Denver, it was unreal the manning fans wishing and hoping he came to TN, then again when he retired.

As long as we are talking college coaches what about:

Lincoln Riley: considered a coaching genius and he has a brilliant offensive scheme. Also consider a "QB whisperer" who's great at developing first round QBs, who eventually bust but that's probably the NFL'S fault. Be interesting to have an offensive coach known for ignoring Defensive, opposite of what we're used to

Coach Prime: we'd have the coolest team in NFL history. And we know he's not afraid to switch up assistant coaches

Art Briles is still available

For those who like adults with a child's nickname there Dabo Swinney and Jimbo Fisher. If we hire Fisher it would make the Cardinals maybe seem less stupid for hiring a recently fired college head coach

Maybe we could lure Lane Kiffin away from The Sip

For what little it's worth... Bears had a presser yesterday with GM Poles and HC Eberflus because they fired the OC Getsy. For the majority, reporters focused on Fields and the upcoming #1 pick. One reporter asked Poles if he looked at Harbaugh as a possible HC to replace Flus (awkward moment), Poles gave an emphatic "No.", as in, no interest and what a stupid question.

Bears did just hire 9 months ago former Big 10 Commish Kevin Warren and he also addressed the press. Fortunately nobody was dumb enough to ask him about Harbaugh. They'd likely be asked to turn in their press pass if they had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back