Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully he goes back and rewatches every single defensive snap to get a feel of just how horrible our defense was last season.

I'm not really sure how much input he will have in decision making, but at least we have some type of insurance if the defense bombs again. Because I damn sure don't want to see that defense ever again.

Hopefully he goes back and rewatches every single defensive snap to get a feel of just how horrible our defense was last season.

I'm not really sure how much input he will have in decision making, but at least we have some type of insurance if the defense bombs again. Because I damn sure don't want to see that defense ever again.
I did not realize we had a defense last year. Live and learn.

Schwartz’s big thing is teaching stopping the run while on your way to the qb. It is an attacking style with the front 4 with minimal blitzing. His success with this scheme has very much been personnel driven....when he has good high energy guys upfront his defenses look good when he doesn’t they look bad...His defenses have been ranked near the top of the league and near the bottom of the league...but his desire for his defense to get after the qb is unquestioned.

Yesterday morning, I was teasing a friend about his hat and I told him about Chief Red Hat, and then boom, we hired Schwartz. Today, I’m trying to think of an interesting story about TJ Watt.

Since he's just a consultant, he can't be on the field coaching players right?

I don't see us switching to 4-3 just because we hired a consultant that runs a 4-3. Vrabel is a 3-4 guy. Although Vrabel does preach "front multiplicity," so maybe we show some 4-3 looks?

If we do run a 4-3, we need to draft more LBs. Evans, Jayon, and Long would be the starters and not much depth behind them.

Schwartz’s defenses rely on waves of front 4 guys to stay fresh and get after the QB. After Landry, Autry, Simmons and Dupree we have essentially nothing. No depth whatsoever. We would need at least 3 more high energy frontline guys.

Schwartz’s defenses rely on waves of front 4 guys to stay fresh and get after the QB. After Landry, Autry, Simmons and Dupree we have essentially nothing. No depth whatsoever. We would need at least 3 more high energy frontline guys.
Hoping Scwartz gets more out of Rashaan Evans

Tart, Murchison, Mack, Ray, Roberson, Adeniyi, Orchard. Not too bad actually. A lot of those guys fit.

More worried about LB. After Brown, Evans, and Long.... Jan Johnson?

Pump the brakes, folks. This is still Vrable’s defense. I really doubt Mike is going to switch everything up just because he hired a “consultant”.

Pump the brakes, folks. This is still Vrable’s defense. I really doubt Mike is going to switch everything up just because he hired a “consultant”.
I'm with you on that. But I do expect more variety in our defense which will make them harder for opposing offenses to gameplan for. If I'm right, we will really need to invest in some more depth at DL and LB so we have the flexibility to play either base defense.

I'm thinking this is just to focus on a few aspects of the current scheme. Maybe more DL-focused since this unit has such a hard time finding pressure. There will not be major changes as long as Vrabel is the HC.

I'm with you on that. But I do expect more variety in our defense which will make them harder for opposing offenses to gameplan for. If I'm right, we will really need to invest in some more depth at DL and LB so we have the flexibility to play either base defense.
I was thinking CB in 1 but I think you're right, continue to improve DE and DT spots, our CBs aren't bad and will benefit with an improved pass rush.

I like the Schwartz addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back