Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isiah Wilson was a bad pick, but it’s probably not even the worst pick in Titans history let alone NFL all time. Come on…..

Sorry Mark, but I think Wilson is almost certainly the worst draft pick in Titans history (maybe even for the entire franchise history, but I don't want to remember some of the Oilers notable busts). Wilson was drafted with a first round pick to be a long-term starter on the OL after Robinson let Conklin go in FA.

Instead, all the Titans got was an immature piece of garbage who played a few snaps and whose most memorable moment was getting put on his ass on a special teams snap. Didn't even last a full season, and forced Robinson to have again address RT with FA signings and a 2nd round pick in Radunz this past offseason.

The fallout from Wilson being a bust will continue to be felt in this upcoming offseason as right tackle will have to be addressed again through either the draft or free agency because Q has been a trainwreck and Radunz is being groomed as a guard.

At least busts like Warmack, Locker, Mariota, Woolfolk, Pacman (only because of his off field troubles) etc., made some positive on the field contribution to the Titans during their tenure. Wilson's only positive contribution is that the Dolphins were stupid enough to send the Titans a draft pick for him.

It’s not even remotely debatable worst of all time in the NFL. Not even close.
It surely is. Guy had 4 plays ever, was clearly a head case and made it widely known as a first round pick. No injury excuse for his bust status either.

what more are you looking for in ally time bust?
if it’s contract, then yes, Russell and Leaf still top him.

Wilson belongs in worst pick ever (not even just titans) conversations. If it not the “winner”, he still they’re saying how bad a pick he was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Mark, but I think Wilson is almost certainly the worst draft pick in Titans history (maybe even for the entire franchise history, but I don't want to remember some of the Oilers notable busts). Wilson was drafted with a first round pick to be a long-term starter on the OL after Robinson let Conklin go in FA.

Instead, all the Titans got was an immature piece of garbage who played a few snaps and whose most memorable moment was getting put on his ass on a special teams snap. Didn't even last a full season, and forced Robinson to have again address RT with FA signings and a 2nd round pick in Radunz this past offseason.

The fallout from Wilson being a bust will continue to be felt in this upcoming offseason as right tackle will have to be addressed again through either the draft or free agency because Q has been a trainwreck and Radunz is being groomed as a guard.

At least busts like Warmack, Locker, Mariota, Woolfolk, Pacman (only because of his off field troubles) etc., made some positive on the field contribution to the Titans during their tenure. Wilson's only positive contribution is that the Dolphins were stupid enough to send the Titans a draft pick for him.

The VY and Locker had much worse impacts on the Franchise. Blowing a late 1st round pick isn’t even remotely the same as blowing a top 10 pick. Which means it can’t be the worst. I know it was a bad pick but you guys are blowing out of proportion. The Wilson pick isn’t keeping us from being one of the top teams in the league. It didn’t set the franchise back a decade. VY and Locker and Mariota for that matter have.

The VY and Locker had much worse impacts on the Franchise. Blowing a late 1st round pick isn’t even remotely the same as blowing a top 10 pick. Which means it can’t be the worst. I know it was a bad pick but you guys are blowing out of proportion. The Wilson pick isn’t keeping us from being one of the top teams in the league. It didn’t set the franchise back a decade. VY and Locker and Mariota for that matter have.

won a playoff game with Mariota. Locker made a few game winning plays.

Wilson played 4 "mercy" snaps, got put on his ass. Was cut year one. Enough with the BS Wilson was not one of the "all time" "all league" worst bust picks. It isn't up for debate unless you have the JRob knee pad and bib set.

while I hated the VY pick and still do, he was directly responsible for at least a couple wins.
Locker was injured a lot, not much else.

Wilson was worse than a literal forfeit of the pick.

won a playoff game with Mariota. Locker made a few game winning plays.

Wilson played 4 "mercy" snaps, got put on his ass. Was cut year one. Enough with the BS Wilson was not one of the "all time" "all league" worst bust picks. It isn't up for debate unless you have the JRob knee pad and bib set.

The single most important position in professional sports, a top 5 pick and you justify it by we won a playoff game and Locker made a few game winning plays?

I notice you left VY off.

But I’m the one with a bob or knee pads are something? Seriously? You are comparing a #27 pick , which I admit was BAD, to top 10 and top 5 busts? At the QB position.

Keep in one we only won that playoff game with Mariota after JRob got here and added the pieces needed to win it. Inconvenient truth.

while I hated the VY pick and still do, he was directly responsible for at least a couple wins.
Locker was injured a lot, not much else.

Wilson was worse than a literal forfeit of the pick.

You can’t excuse a bust by saying he was injured. Top 10 pick… BUST.

We will survive the Wilson pick. Hell… we already did.

But according to some of you I guess We should just blow up the team and fire everyone, release everyone and start over.

But according to some of you I guess We should just blow up the team and fire everyone, release everyone and start over.
There’s only a few great players worth keeping on this team, everyone else is expendable.

Says every NFL team.
Titan Defensive players > Titan Offensive players

The entire offense and it’s players, not including Henry of course, are replaceable the way they have played this year.

If Downing has such a bad track record, are JRob and Vrabel that clueless? Why was he their choice?? I don’t get it.

I would say that the Wilson screw up is definitely having an impact on this team being a top team in the NFL. Have you seen the right side of the line with Q?

As a result of that blown pick, more resources have been put into a position that a first round pick was wasted on. And after this season, more resources will likely be needed to try and fix Robinson's mistake with Wilson. Might have been nice to try and use the resources wasted because of Wilson's bust to try improve other areas of need (TE, WR anyone?). The man played four downs for the franchise, and did not last a season.

The Titans had success with VY and Mariota. Locker was brittle and a terrible first round pick. At least Locker saw the damn field and made some sort of contributions. Doesn't mean that all three of those players aren't a bust of some form, but Wilson was a complete swing and miss.

No one has even remotely argued that. Stop with that hyperbolic b.s...

Last edited by a moderator:

No one said locker wasn’t a bust, just less of a bust than Wilson.
And we survived both a locker and VY pick.
Survived Andre woolfolk too. Also arguably a bigger bust than locker and VY. Not Wilson though.

And who are you quoting with the bold statement?

Titan Defensive players > Titan Offensive players

The entire offense and it’s players, not including Henry of course, are replaceable the way they have played this year.

If Downing has such a bad track record, are JRob and Vrabel that clueless? Why was he their choice?? I don’t get it.
Because Vrabel always promotes from within. His coaching hires are his worth quality by far. He has a terrible staff.

The single most important position in professional sports, a top 5 pick and you justify it by we won a playoff game and Locker made a few game winning plays?

I notice you left VY off.

But I’m the one with a bob or knee pads are something? Seriously? You are comparing a #27 pick , which I admit was BAD, to top 10 and top 5 busts? At the QB position.

Keep in one we only won that playoff game with Mariota after JRob got here and added the pieces needed to win it. Inconvenient truth.

in what context are you referring to the worst of the picks? a 1st round guy who played 4 snaps poorly and washed before the end of the year or 1st round picks we at least felt worthy enough to develop some? If you can't see the difference, then take JRob's ash tray off the top of your head 'cause you just don't want to admit he's responsible for one of the worst franchise picks ever made.

You're the one who mentioned Mariota first as a super bad pick- not me. And in regards to VY- he became a head case after being OROY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back