Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he brought in Vrabel. That was huge in changing the culture. And truthfully, Amy Strunk should be receiving some credit also for bringing in JRob. She has been a really good owner- committed to investing in the brand and the performance.
big picture I agree... but some of the crap AS has pulled is epic classist cluelessness... In particular I am thinking of the live 'artist' brought in to paint the EG / McMVP poor mans Neiman knockoff during halftime ... I mean... tone deaf without a doubt. Then there was the promoting of the Nashvegas honky tonk inspired poster that was the centerpiece of the swag box one year - again WTF.

Hell I even include this years PSL exclusive jacket as tone deaf. Not that PSL owners wont like a free jacket but 99% of PSL owners want home Ws not jackets

and dont get me started on the whiskey and shyt... clearly I am NOT the intended market of the Titans front office

One thing you all aren’t factoring in is $. In case you have forgotten, back before Amy took over, when Webster & Reinfeldt were GM’s, the Titans were very stingy with money. They would never go after the top free agents or even re-sign their own to big contacts. JRob basically has a blank check book to re-work contracts to where it saves against the cap but the team has to pay more money up front. He can go after anyone he wants. That’s not always been the case.

fair point.

I would counter that because NFL has CAP floor the Titans were in fact not stingy but STUPID... Michelle Whiffin says 'Thanks Lorax!'

They dominated because of Brady not because of Bill’s 1st round picks.
So you’re saying 1st round picks are all that matters in assessing a GM.

comical double standard.

and it’s just crazy you want to say JRob is elite and Belicheck is.not. Bwahaha

Every draft class has produced at least 2 quality starters, aside from 2020 (not counting 2021 since it's to soon). And 2020 still produced Fulton, who has been one of the best CBs in the NFL this year. And Chris Jackson is a solid depth CB that filled in nicely while several guys were out. So even in his worst draft, we still got 1 top notch player out of it.

I would certainly consider JRob among the top GMs in the league. Whether that is "elite" or not is open for discussion. But given the GMs we have had previously, he might as well be the best GM of all time.
You should really factor UDFA into that 2020 draft class though. So you end up with Fulton, Jackson, Teair Tart, Aaron Brewer and Nick Westbrook Ikhine. That’s a legit haul IMO.

Number 1 seed with a rookie qb, after a two decade run dominating the NFL. Lol what the ****
Dude, did you miss the off-season? The Pats spent $163 million to sign twenty free agents. From Judon to Jonnu to Bourne to Mills to Van Noy to Agholar to Hunter Henry, the Pats bought a new roster because Belecheat is typically weaksauce at drafting. Pretty boy Mac Jones will be exposed too. Just wait.

You should really factor UDFA into that 2020 draft class though. So you end up with Fulton, Jackson, Teair Tart, Aaron Brewer and Nick Westbrook Ikhine. That’s a legit haul IMO.
fair enough I would credit GM with any acquisition and those UDFAs especially... that is a free for all

So you’re saying 1st round picks are all that matters in assessing a GM.

comical double standard.

and it’s just crazy you want to say JRob is elite and Belicheck is.not. Bwahaha

That seems to be all y’all care about lol that’s all this thread is full of “he can’t be elite because he’s missed on x first round picks”

Bill B is one of the most overrated GM’s of all time. His draft track record is HORRIBLE.

He is however one of the best coaches of all time. But a very large part of that is because of TB12.

Dude, did you miss the off-season? The Pats spent $163 million to sign twenty free agents. From Judon to Jonnu to Bourne to Mills to Van Noy to Agholar to Hunter Henry, the Pats bought a new roster because Belecheat is typically weaksauce at drafting. Pretty boy Mac Jones will be exposed too. Just wait.
Does a gm not sign free agents? Do GM's literally just draft players? No, so your point is moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back