Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all want that. But if we win a SB this year and then have losing seasons the next 5 years does that make JRob elite because of the one good season?

Nope. I want the Titans to be that team that has multiple superbowl wins over the next 10 years. But if we don't hit that level, we could still be an elite franchise with an elite GM. Patriots South would be nice, but that is just not a realistic expectation.

By what measure though? People who say he’s average or “slightly above average” as you claim - aren’t basing that on any standard used to actually judge a GM’s performance.

If you look at wins, number of pro bowl selections, all pro selections, etc from players acquired he is one of the top GM’s in the league since he began here in Tennessee.
lets look at K ....

LOL elite Randys fat azz

Nope. I want the Titans to be that team that has multiple superbowl wins over the next 10 years. But if we don't hit that level, we could still be an elite franchise with an elite GM. Patriots South would be nice, but that is just not a realistic expectation.

Sustained success is an important factor IMO. But clearly to some it is not.

Ah yes, plenty of GM’s are being hired and fired because of their ability/inability to find an elite kicker. Should be the number one question asked in all introductory press conferences.
more than 1 L because of this...

and yes an ELITE GM would in fact not let an important SKILL position be a dumpster fire for multiple seasons

If JRob were "elite" we'd have won a SB by now. Nobody is changing anybody's mind either way, but especially not until we win a championship. Elite GM's don't struggle staffing particular position groups year after year. JRob is getting better, but he has problems reliably staffing a K, a pass rush and OL- especially RT.

JRob has done a great job this year with personnel in an injury riddled year. I'd say that Vrabel as a HC deserves a lot of credit also. They are a good pair. Vrabel has coached around a lot of personnel shortages.

more than 1 L because of this...

and yes an ELITE GM would in fact not let an important SKILL position be a dumpster fire for multiple seasons

Randy has not been a dumpster fire this year.

Kicker is 1/24th of the starting roster. Again, no GM is being fired for their inability to get an elite kicker. Drafting DH22 and trading for RT17 are much more important.

If JRob were "elite" we'd have won a SB by now. Nobody is changing anybody's mind either way, but especially not until we win a championship. Elite GM's don't struggle staffing particular position groups year after year. JRob is getting better, but he has problems reliably staffing a K, a pass rush and OL- especially RT.

JRob has done a great job this year with personnel in an injury riddled year. I'd say that Vrabel as a HC deserves a lot of credit also. They are a good pair. Vrabel has coached around a lot of personnel shortages.

Harold Landry, Denico Autry, and Jeff Simmons have been pretty damn good this year…

The problem with this argument is that it collapses on itself. “Elite GM’s don’t struggle with the same position groups every year”. “Elite GM would have won a championship by now”

So John Elway is an elite GM? Even though year after year he cannot get a competent QB on the roster? And routinely misses on 1st round picks? But because he won a championship one time he’s an elite GM?

I find it funny that people rag on JRob despite him leading us to SIX straight winning seasons after taking over a roster that went 5-27 the two years prior to his arrival.

He built a team that Mularkey won a playoff game with ffs.
Lol 4 of those 6 were 9-7..in a division with Jags and Houston that's enough but any other division it wouldn't be

I'm okay with saying that you need a championship to be an elite GM. Elite should be pretty rare, by definition.

I disagree with those that don't think JRob is one of the best GM's. Maybe that means top 5, maybe that means top 10. But he built a competitive roster out of a team that missed on their shot at franchise QB. That usually sets back a franchise by several years. And he is the only one that is penciled into the playoffs with a re-tread quarterback.

Lol 4 of those 6 were 9-7..in a division with Jags and Houston that's enough but any other division it wouldn't be
One of those same 9-7 years, the jags made the AFCCG. Houston also won division a couple of those.

Using the current houston/Jax does not work as an argument for the 9-7 seasons being a lesser quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back