Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming we don’t re-sign Evans, that’s 5 out of his first 6 first round draft picks that didn’t make it past their rookie deal. If Farley doesn’t pan out, that’s 6 out of 7. That’s not “Elite.” It’s actually pretty embarrassing. You should expect first round picks to be long term contributors.
These days getting 4-5 years out of any player is a good thing. His 1st round draft picks haven’t been great but just think of how Mediocre the Titans were before he came along. I don’t think judging draft picks would put him in or take him out of the elite category. At the end of the day the only way I’d see him as elite is if this franchise wins a Super Bowl under him, but I am thankful for how he has turned things around so quickly!

So I looked...

2016 draft where we took Conklin - 6 first rounders are still on their team.
2017 draft has 15 dudes still on their team. But that includes guys like OJ Howard and Derek Barnett who are for sure not a part of their team's future.

Robinson immediatly did the common sense moves all of us at GoTitans knew needed done

having said that there is no ignoring the mundane results of Robinsons drafts.

Robinson total upgrade from all the useless house GMs Titans have ran since fishface booted Reese

I don’t remember it that way. I remember myself and many others upset about the DGB for Dennis Kelly trade. Looking back now, it’s like wtf lol, but at the time, this new GM was trading away our 2nd year wr that we all had high hopes for, for a backup lineman.

Kelly was quite valuable... could fill in every OL position if needed in game

That allows an extra NOT ol to be active on gameday

One major strength is that other than QB, he has been able to hit at every position group in the draft. That's promising. Though I'd like to see more franchise players in the first round. Also salary cap management, and depth. Vrabel has a lot of room to grow but is also a franchise-caliber hire.

A weakness is being inefficient in FA. He's given good money to players which could have been used on less expensive, higher value guys like Autry to keep room for extensions or truly high profile signings.

Ultimately, he's been good, not great. He's shown the willingness to change and ability to improve, though he hasn't done so in all regards. However, the results are clear and we should be happy with what we've got

One major strength is that other than QB, he has been able to hit at every position group in the draft. That's promising. Though I'd like to see more franchise players in the first round. Also salary cap management, and depth. Vrabel has a lot of room to grow but is also a franchise-caliber hire.

A weakness is being inefficient in FA. He's given good money to players which could have been used on less expensive, higher value guys like Autry to keep room for extensions or truly high profile signings.

Ultimately, he's been good, not great. He's shown the willingness to change and ability to improve, though he hasn't done so in all regards. However, the results are clear and we should be happy with what we've got
The trade game is elite though.
Trade back out of Goff pick for Kings Ransom
Demarco, Kelly, Tannehill

I know people are going to jump on him for Julio, but there still a chance that works out ok.

Assuming we don’t re-sign Evans, that’s 5 out of his first 6 first round draft picks that didn’t make it past their rookie deal. If Farley doesn’t pan out, that’s 6 out of 7. That’s not “Elite.” It’s actually pretty embarrassing. You should expect first round picks to be long term contributors.
That is ridiculous.
Conklin left because he was a freaking All Pro and Cleveland gave him the most money for a RT in history.
Davis left because he was a #1 quality WR stuck behind AJ and Jets gave him #1 money.
Adoree left because he was too injured and then the Giants gave him the bag and he’s a PFF top 20 graded CB this year.
So that’s three big time hits in his first 2 years. I’ll keep going.
Evans has been a solid starter which is what you hope for from a guy picked late 1st round.
Simmons is a future All Pro
Okay so that’s 5 hits in his first 5 picks.
Name a single GM who’s done better. Go ahead.

That is ridiculous.
Conklin left because he was a freaking All Pro and Cleveland gave him the most money for a RT in history.
Davis left because he was a #1 quality WR stuck behind AJ and Jets gave him #1 money.
Adoree left because he was too injured and then the Giants gave him the bag and he’s a PFF top 20 graded CB this year.
So that’s three big time hits in his first 2 years. I’ll keep going.
Evans has been a solid starter which is what you hope for from a guy picked late 1st round.
Simmons is a future All Pro
Okay so that’s 5 hits in his first 5 picks.
Name a single GM who’s done better. Go ahead.
One of the dumbest posts I’ve ever read.

I find it funny that people rag on JRob despite him leading us to SIX straight winning seasons after taking over a roster that went 5-27 the two years prior to his arrival.

He built a team that Mularkey won a playoff game with ffs.

Fans always look at drafts in vacuums. You have a 5th pick and fans have an idea what a 5th pick should be like and how they should produce.

But drafts are different and some drafts don't offer 5 players that meet that criteria. "Well, that's when you trade down." But this isn't Madden. You can't just trade because you don't want someone at 5. You have to find a partner that both wants that pick and has something of that value.

Some of these drafts look pretty bad now. You can't fault (or at least you shouldn't) JRob for that. Some people have said we should have taken Adams instead of CD. Well, now it looks like Adams wrecked 2 franchises.

only problem with CD, IMO, was he had 4,376 touches in college... took him a couple of seasons to be healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it funny that people rag on JRob despite him leading us to SIX straight winning seasons after taking over a roster that went 5-27 the two years prior to his arrival.

He built a team that Mularkey won a playoff game with ffs.
Myth.

who, on this site “rags” on JRob? The worst I’ve ever read is people calling him average. It appears to me the knee pad JRob fans seem bent on attacking anybody who won’t agree he is “elite”.

(for the record, if he wasn’t at LEAST average, he’d been fired by now. So don’t try to compare him to GMs who haven’t been around.)

Myth.

who, on this site “rags” on JRob? The worst I’ve ever read is people calling him average. It appears to me the knee pad JRob fans seem bent on attacking anybody who won’t agree he is “elite”.

(for the record, if he wasn’t at LEAST average, he’d been fired by now. So don’t try to compare him to GMs who haven’t been around.)

By what measure though? People who say he’s average or “slightly above average” as you claim - aren’t basing that on any standard used to actually judge a GM’s performance.

If you look at wins, number of pro bowl selections, all pro selections, etc from players acquired he is one of the top GM’s in the league since he began here in Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back