Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cole McDonald, Logan Woodside, Luke Falk, even down to Matt Cassel...

He needs to be handed an almost experienced QB, which is what Tannehill was.

Him missing on these mid round projects isn't too much to fret about ..... yet...... but it definitely means if he keeps shooting below par with them, that we will be backed into either combing free agency, or drafting a 1st round QB (if/when Tannehills time comes)
2 6th round picks and someone else’s 7th round pick. I wouldn’t put much stock in what was expected of 3/4 of those QBs.
Even better for JRob, he knew he was dealing for a backup, not starter and he didn’t use an earlier pick on a backup QB but a potential starter (or rotational guy) at other positions of need.

Cassel was just available when a backup was needed.

Cole McDonald, Logan Woodside, Luke Falk, even down to Matt Cassel...

He needs to be handed an almost experienced QB, which is what Tannehill was.

Him missing on these mid round projects isn't too much to fret about ..... yet...... but it definitely means if he keeps shooting below par with them, that we will be backed into either combing free agency, or drafting a 1st round QB (if/when Tannehills time comes)

You do realize how improbable it is that a team hits on a QB outside of the first 2 rounds? Look around the league. There’s a reason QB’s get drafted so high every year.

I wouldn’t call a 6th and 7th round pick a “mid round project” considering the draft is only 7 rounds lol

I could see the argument that he’s a good GM, but saying he’s ELITE? Sounds like a joke. Elite GM’s don’t miss on half their first rounders.

I could see the argument that he’s a good GM, but saying he’s ELITE? Sounds like a joke. Elite GM’s don’t miss on half their first rounders.
EXACTLY

Robinson is competent even above average. Not gonna hurt the organization. He only looks elite compared to the absolute ass clowns the Titans rolled with at GM since Reese

Have any of you guys looked at Belichicks drafts? He’s had plenty of first and second round busts but I don’t hear anyone argue that he’s not elite.

The only true first round bust for Jrob was that lazy fat ass head case Wilson. Other than that, everyone in the first round has been pretty solid, starter material. They can’t all be pro bowl, hall of famers.

And can you name any other GM who hits on the mid to later rounds better than Jrob.

Last edited by a moderator:
And an “average” GM doesn’t turn around a total crap of a team, with a decade long losing streak and turn them into a top 8 team in the NFL. If number 8 in wins over the last 8 years doesn’t qualify, what does? Top 5?

I think we finally have a team that can compete for a SB…. Rejoice! While it’s not perfect, and not always pretty, we’re one of the top teams in the league now.

Have any of you guys looked at Belichicks drafts? He’s had plenty of first and second round busts but I don’t anyone would argue that he’s elite.
Actually a lot think Belicheck the GM is nothing special and gets bailed out by the elite head coach Belicheck and for many years Tom Brady. I think it was PFT doing a lengthy piece on questionable moves back when Brady was leaving NE.
I can’t remember the name, but an exec who left NE some years ago was hinted at as being the real mastermind behind NEs personnel success in the 00s.

"Elite" means
Have any of you guys looked at Belichicks drafts? He’s had plenty of first and second round busts but I don’t anyone would argue that he’s elite.

The only true first round bust for Jrob was that lazy fat ass head case Wilson. Other than that, everyone in the first round has been pretty solid, starter material. They can’t all be pro bowl, hall of famers.

And can you name any other GM who hits on the mid to later rounds better than Jrob.
Have you looked at Belichick's banners and trophy case?

Brandon Beane of the Bills, Brett Veach of the Chiefs, Jason Licht of the Bucs and Eric DeCosta of the Ravens are the only ones I would consider Elite.

Bills have definitely looked elite the last 7 weeks of the year.

KC and Baltimore have had their fair share of issues this year too.

It’s easy to think those guys are elite when you don’t follow the team closely.

Bills fans complain about Beane not being able to get a RB, OL, and pass rusher.

KC fans complain bout their defense and wasting a first round pick on CEH. And trading a bunch of draft capital for a LT that hasn’t been very good this year.

Baltimore has a QB who can’t throw consistently enough to win and a defense that has given up the most 20+ yard plays all year.

Bucs fans are upset about their secondary and lack of pass rush. Oh and he was on the hot seat before Tom Brady came along…

Every team has flaws. JRob draft track record stacks up with the best of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
JRob needs to stay out of the first round lol

Picking in the 20s after one and done playoffs, and first round draft failures doesn't look good... certainly not an Elite trait

JRob needs to stay out of the first round lol

Picking in the 20s after one and done playoffs, and first round draft failures doesn't look good... certainly not an Elite trait

But getting a 1st round talent in rounds 2-5 sometimes multiple 1st round talents can make up for that. You lose the 5th year option but player is cheaper overall too. Kind of washes out.

And JRob’s 1st round picks haven’t even been that bad. Outside of Wilson and so far Farley all of them have been solid, locked in starters for our team during their time here.

But getting a 1st round talent in rounds 2-5 sometimes multiple 1st round talents can make up for that. You lose the 5th year option but player is cheaper overall too. Kind of washes out.
Agree..so trade out and get more picks in the rounds he's good at

Agree..so trade out and get more picks in the rounds he's good at

Lol true I guess.

To be fair, 2 of his picks left for big money elsewhere though. They were important pieces we just couldn’t afford.

I’m chalking Wilson up to Covid draft unless we see another blunder like him in the 1st round. But all of his picks before have been at the very least steady contributors to our team.

I guess I’m just saying I don’t think his 1st round picks are as bad as some think they have been. Certainly can improve but could be MUCH worse.

Lol true I guess.

To be fair, 2 of his picks left for big money elsewhere though. They were important pieces we just couldn’t afford.

I’m chalking Wilson up to Covid draft unless we see another blunder like him in the 1st round. But all of his picks before have been at the very least steady contributors to our team.

I guess I’m just saying I don’t think his 1st round picks are as bad as some think they have been. Certainly can improve but could be MUCH worse.
Wilson was a big mistake, I'm not blaming Covid because the other teams were under the same circumstances...Titans f'd up

Hindsight is 20-20 and lots of different scenarios and reasons but Conklin especially should have been extended before FA....we traded up for him

Wilson was a big mistake, I'm not blaming Covid because the other teams were under the same circumstances...Titans f'd up

Hindsight is 20-20 and lots of different scenarios and reasons but Conklin especially should have been extended before FA....we traded up for him
In hindsight I wish we had given Conklin that money we gave Lewan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back