Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
JRobs drafts have continued to be elite in my opinion.

Simmons - stud
AJ - stud
Davis - starter
Hooker - high quality starter
Long Jr. - high quality starter

Fulton - stud
Jackson - solid rotational player
Tart - starter
Brewer - starter caliber
Westbrook Ikhine - solid #3 WR

I would not be surprised AT ALL if Farley, Weaver, Molden, Rice and Radunz all become starters within a year or two. Fitz or McMath could turn into solid contributors too like Naquan has been.

Overall this is elite level GMing imo.

Since Jrob took over we were perennial losers with a combined record of 5-27 the two seasons prior.

Now we are number 8 in wins over the past 5 years, one behind the Rams. 3 playoff appearances, one AFC Championship game.

The roster is deep enough to break a record for the most injured players in history and still have a 2 game lead in our division and be tied for best record in the AFC.

Anyone who can’t give Jrob credit for the phenomenal turnaround at this point is just a “glass half empty” type of fan and will never be happy. This team is finally ready to compete for a SB. Hopefully we can get healthy enough to make a run this year.

Robinson has made some good moves and some questionable ones like many GMs..but elite?

Where is there to go from "elite"?
Robinson immediatly did the common sense moves all of us at GoTitans knew needed done

having said that there is no ignoring the mundane results of Robinsons drafts.

Robinson total upgrade from all the useless house GMs Titans have ran since fishface booted Reese

I'd say he's a good GM - greatness comes with championships. Agreed he's hit on many draft picks, while some are still playing out. The lack of recent first round production is hurting the team's depth, and while the team is 8-4, there are only a few of the wins this season that have looked decisive, while each of the teams losses have felt demoralizing. I know J-Rob is responsible for providing the talent while Vrabel's folks are responsible for coaching them up and making game day decisions. To me, greatness means all of that comes together in a way we haven't seen yet. One year we have a great offense- next year, we let our #1 tight-end go in free agency without replacing his output. He's juggling all of it pretty well, but it is not greatness level yet.

I'd say he's a good GM - greatness comes with championships. Agreed he's hit on many draft picks, while some are still playing out. The lack of recent first round production is hurting the team's depth, and while the team is 8-4, there are only a few of the wins this season that have looked decisive, while each of the teams losses have felt demoralizing. I know J-Rob is responsible for providing the talent while Vrabel's folks are responsible for coaching them up and making game day decisions. To me, greatness means all of that comes together in a way we haven't seen yet. One year we have a great offense- next year, we let our #1 tight-end go in free agency without replacing his output. He's juggling all of it pretty well, but it is not greatness level yet.

Titans 3 TE’s in 2021: 52 catches 423 yards 5 TD’s

Jonnu in 2021: 25 catches 259 yards 1 TD

Jonnu in 2020: 41 catches 448 yards 8 TD’s

Id say we replaced his production and saved a TON of money in the process.

Titans 3 TE’s in 2021: 52 catches 423 yards 5 TD’s

Jonnu in 2021: 25 catches 259 yards 1 TD

Jonnu in 2020: 41 catches 448 yards 8 TD’s

Id say we replaced his production and saved a TON of money in the process.
94 catches with 12 TDs is what our TEs contributed last yr to the offense…we aren’t close to that production this yr…we miss having a true TE threat….I think we have found out that Firkser greatly benefited from being a tertiary threat on offense last yr…this yr as the main TE threat he has been much less productive

And to think, actually a few people on here are saying that Jon Robinson sucks and should be on the hot seat or “has to go”…lol.

Good thing those people are just armchair GMs, otherwise we’d still be lucky to be a 1-2 win team.

We’re lucky to have him, and Vrabel. Are they perfect, no. But it sure beats the dark days of just a few years ago by a mile!

https://titansized.com/2021/12/03/tennessee-titans-jon-robinson-elite/

He doesn't suck.... he just has some handicaps like all gms do....

He can't draft offensive tackles, any quarterback movement he makes short of the tannehill trade goes kerflooey (most notably the 40 years we've had Woodside), and if a player doesn't fall into his lap due to dropping/trading up.... he has the tendency to take too many chances with just raw ability, and not an already close-product. (adoree jackson first to mind.)

94 catches with 12 TDs is what our TEs contributed last yr to the offense…we aren’t close to that production this yr…we miss having a true TE threat….I think we have found out that Firkser greatly benefited from being a tertiary threat on offense last yr…this yr as the main TE threat he has been much less productive

Season isn’t over yet.

Firkser has not been the main TE this year.

The poster specifically mentioned replacing Jonnu’s production. Should we compare Jonnu and Geoff Swaim this year?

Jonnu is worth probably half of the contract he signed. Idk why everyone is so up in arms we let him go for that amount of money. Jonnu is not an elite TE but he’s being paid like one. He’s not Kelce, Kittle, Waller, or Andrews.

He can't draft offensive tackles, any quarterback movement he makes short of the tannehill trade goes kerflooey (most notably the 40 years we've had Woodside), and if a player doesn't fall into his lap due to dropping/trading up.... he has the tendency to take too many chances with just raw ability, and not an already close-product. (adoree jackson first to mind.)

Complaining about QB movement when JRob brought us the best QB we’ve had since 9 is a very weird stance.

I know you said “minus the tannehill move” but what other moves are you critiquing? I mean that’s by far the biggest investment he made in a QB (swapping 4th round picks & then the contract).

Cole McDonald? If that’s your complaint then your expectations for a 6th round pick are entirely too high, especially a 6th round QB.

Complaining about QB movement when JRob brought us the best QB we’ve had since 9 is a very weird stance.

I know you said “minus the tannehill move” but what other moves are you critiquing? I mean that’s by far the biggest investment he made in a QB (swapping 4th round picks & then the contract).

Cole McDonald? If that’s your complaint then your expectations for a 6th round pick are entirely too high, especially a 6th round QB.

Don’t all 6th round picks turn into Tom Brady ?

With no Championships, every year players, staff and FO of any team have to continue to prove themselves.
It's no different with Robinson, he's made some good moves, some bad ones.

Good thing OL and QB aren't important pieces of a team success then

Cole McDonald, Logan Woodside, Luke Falk, even down to Matt Cassel...

He needs to be handed an almost experienced QB, which is what Tannehill was.

Him missing on these mid round projects isn't too much to fret about ..... yet...... but it definitely means if he keeps shooting below par with them, that we will be backed into either combing free agency, or drafting a 1st round QB (if/when Tannehills time comes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back