Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilson was a big mistake, I'm not blaming Covid because the other teams were under the same circumstances...Titans f'd up

Hindsight is 20-20 and lots of different scenarios and reasons but Conklin especially should have been extended before FA....we traded up for him

Well to be fair, Conklin had to be open to extension talks from the Titans in order to do that. Coming off the ACL injury and titans didn’t pick up his option because of that. He played really well that year but Titans had to also sign Tannehill and DH22 that offseason. Had to pick your poison.

And JRob’s 1st round picks haven’t even been that bad. Outside of Wilson and so far Farley all of them have been solid, locked in starters for our team during their time here.
And we kind of knew that Farley could end up not really contributing this year. We got lucky with Simmons.

The fear with Farley is it kind of looks like he might be made of glass. But if he does end up staying healthy, he should be a big reward pick.

People were complaining that Fulton was a wasted pick last year too. Sometimes you just gotta wait and see how things play out.

And we kind of knew that Farley could end up not really contributing this year. We got lucky with Simmons.

The fear with Farley is it kind of looks like he might be made of glass. But if he does end up staying healthy, he should be a big reward pick.

People were complaining that Fulton was a wasted pick last year too. Sometimes you just gotta wait and see how things play out.
He looked terrible when he did play. How many rookies have you seen lately that start off that bad and end up being great players? Not many. These days, the great ones are good right from the start.

Just my 2 cent's.
2-14 and 3-13 before he was our GM.
9-7 or Better since he's been our GM.
At minimum I for one am enjoying these seasons at least compared to before ...

Just my 2 cent's.
2-14 and 3-13 before he was our GM.
9-7 or Better since he's been our GM.
At minimum I for one am enjoying these seasons at least compared to before ...
Certainly improved from the terrible years...playoffs are good and all but I'd like to see a deeper run...got spoiled with the 2019 season...I want some more!

He looked terrible when he did play. How many rookies have you seen lately that start off that bad and end up being great players? Not many. These days, the great ones are good right from the start.
A couple games into a players career is way too soon to write them off as a bust.

Here is a list 15 NFL players who didn’t get off to a good start that kind puts your theory to rest.

James Harrison was an undrafted practice squad player that didn’t get his first start until year 5 of his career. He’d probably argue with your player assessment after a couple games. Wes Welker too.

https://www.thesportster.com/football/top-15-nfl-players-who-were-terrible-at-first/

A couple games into a players career is way too soon to write them off as a bust.

Here is a list 15 NFL players who didn’t get off to a good start that kind puts your theory to rest.

James Harrison was an undrafted practice squad player that didn’t get his first start until year 5 of his career. He’d probably argue with your player assessment after a couple games. Wes Welker too.

https://www.thesportster.com/football/top-15-nfl-players-who-were-terrible-at-first/
Jimmy smith
Ed mccaffery
Steve McNair count?
Jake delhomme

I’m sure the list could go on and on.
It’s one of my issues with QBs being cast aside so quickly if they aren’t immediately killing the league.

Correction.... Webster drafted Lewan....

Jrob drafted Conklin. But that doesn't given give JROB a RT pass at all....... (Wilson, Radunz)
Considering he traded up to get Conklin, granted we got Henry in that draft, then lost him in FA..doesn't look good when trying to build an OL

Correction.... Webster drafted Lewan....

Jrob drafted Conklin. But that doesn't given give JROB a RT pass at all....... (Wilson, Radunz)

You said “we”. Didn’t realize we meant JRob lol I thought you were referring to the Titans

But saying his good ones don’t count because of bad ones is silly.

Assuming we don’t re-sign Evans, that’s 5 out of his first 6 first round draft picks that didn’t make it past their rookie deal. If Farley doesn’t pan out, that’s 6 out of 7. That’s not “Elite.” It’s actually pretty embarrassing. You should expect first round picks to be long term contributors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back