Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
For starters Murchinson had almost identical TFL and sack numbers as Davidson. Murchinson is more of an inside player and while playing DE in three man fronts he also lined up at NT a bunch. I didn't say he was quite at Davidson's level but he isn't that far off. The value is legit.

Murchinson also looked good in the Senior Bowl practices
Murchison a 'Disruptive Force' At Senior Bowl Workouts
Davidson is a rough work of art but he displays better raw traits, he can be coached up and look really good.

I guess watching Murch on tape doesnt do it for me. Reminds me of Senderrick Marks tbh, not a fan

hmmmm. Interesting comparison. I guess they are close to the same size. Muchinson is actually a better college player than Marks but Marks did have a couple real solid years with the Jags after leaving TN. One season with 8.5 sacks. Not really sure why we are having this stupid discussion. Murch is very good value where we got him. Hope he works out.

Oh, are you saying we should have used our first round pick on Davidson instead? That is what we would have had to use to get him.

hmmmm. Interesting comparison. I guess they are close to the same size. Muchinson is actually a better college player than Marks but Marks did have a couple real solid years with the Jags after leaving TN. One season with 8.5 sacks. Not really sure why we are having this stupid discussion. Murch is very good value where we got him. Hope he works out.

Oh, are you saying we should have used our first round pick on Davidson instead? That is what we would have had to use to get him.
Ive never suggested we should have used our 1st on him, in fact ive stated many times we better not use a 1st on that dude, hes way too sloppy but does have certain traits you want in a top pick

Man, I was listening to the NFL channel on XM and John Elway was being interviewed. He was talking about all the personnel changes and he referenced "Casey Jurrell" and a key pickup twice.

Man, I was listening to the NFL channel on XM and John Elway was being interviewed. He was talking about all the personnel changes and he referenced "Casey Jurrell" and a key pickup twice.
Everyone knows Elway has CTE

Im surprised Denver let their guys go for a pricier Casey

Everyone knows Elway has CTE

Im surprised Denver let their guys go for a pricier Casey
I don’t think it’s a bad pickup, just more costly than the value for our team and trying to improve.
Watching the video of Tennessee whooping up on the ratbirds last year, multiple times it showed Casey as the leader to hype up the D. That does have value and could be missed but as mentioned at least 1000x, his cost is pretty high.

Value wise, for us, letting Casey go was a smart move (hate to say it cause I love him). Think we could see a decline in JC this year or next. Even if he stays the same we're talking an almost $12 million hit toward the cap this yr.

I think Simmons is going to be a beast and could be better than AH in his prime. We should have a better idea this season with a full recovery and Str training program under his belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back