Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Casey was easily our best defender for a number of years and team leader. Most DTs don’t have great stats, and he never had anyone worth a damn play next to him. He was mostly played out of position and had to be looped and stunted because our interior DL was so weak.

he deserved better and we deserved something much more than a 7th. Our DL is gonna suck, he was the only player who could generate any pass rush.
We will be fine. We usually only have 3 on the DL and sometimes 2. Jeffery Simmons healthy is just as disruptive. I would have liked to get more than a 7th as well, but maybe they know something we don’t.

We will be fine. We usually only have 3 on the DL and sometimes 2. Jeffery Simmons healthy is just as disruptive. I would have liked to get more than a 7th as well, but maybe they know something we don’t.
He was a fine player for us and a fine person. Titans player of the decade, even if that is not saying much. And stats cannot measure his impact.

Only getting a 7th for him tells me most expect him to fall off. He has played a ton of snaps over his career.

He is right about being discarded like a piece of trash. That though is how the NFL works, and I am sure he gets that.

Casey was easily our best defender for a number of years and team leader. Most DTs don’t have great stats, and he never had anyone worth a damn play next to him. He was mostly played out of position and had to be looped and stunted because our interior DL was so weak.

he deserved better and we deserved something much more than a 7th. Our DL is gonna suck, he was the only player who could generate any pass rush.

This is false, at least in regards to last season. He was slightly above average overall last year, but he was inconsistent. He's getting paid like a top 10 DT and he's no longer performing at that level. Daqoun Jones was our top performing DT last year and Simmons looked good as well, so we should be fine there.

Trading him was absolutely the right move. It's just business and he needs to realize that. He certainly didn't give us a discount in any of the last 2 contracts he signed.

He was a fine player for us and a fine person. Titans player of the decade, even if that is not saying much. And stats cannot measure his impact.

Only getting a 7th for him tells me most expect him to fall off. He has played a ton of snaps over his career.

He is right about being discarded like a piece of trash. That though is how the NFL works, and I am sure he gets that.

He wasn't thrown away like a piece of trash. He was moved like an asset that now costs more than it is worth.

Thats the business jurrell.

I mean the guy spent 9 years here and is coming off of a $60 million dollar contract, yet you did “us” favors?! I get it, you played through some tough times, but so do a lot of other players...and you committed to a contract regardless of that. He also got moved like a lot of other players (not uncommon especially when aging) and was lucky enough to get 9 years on one squad. I just don’t see where “trash” comes in.....

I don't think Casey has a problem with being traded, I'm sure he understands that's the business part of it. I think he feels the way it was done, hearing about the trade just minutes before it happened. After 9 years he deserved better than that, and for a 7th rounder?
He feels disrespected and rightfully so, even though it's a business and his salary was greater than his production, there still needs to be room for decency, respect and professionalism.

A simple sit down with him I'm sure would have went a long way.

I don't think Casey has a problem with being traded, I'm sure he understands that's the business part of it. I think he feels the way it was done, hearing about the trade just minutes before it happened. After 9 years he deserved better than that, and for a 7th rounder?
He feels disrespected and rightfully so, even though it's a business and his salary was greater than his production, there still needs to be room for decency, respect and professionalism.

A simple sit down with him I'm sure would have went a long way.
Fair assessment and I agree, but remember, there are two sides to every story. We have no clue what happened behind closed doors, and he may not be innocent himself. Something seems strange with offloading him for only a 7th....

He wasn't thrown away like a piece of trash. He was moved like an asset that now costs more than it is worth.

Thats the business jurrell.
Yea this is really what this is

His market value isnt what his contract says. So he should be happy being overpaid for now

But can you blame a guy for wanting to be here right now? Titans are where its at

Yea this is really what this is

His market value isnt what his contract says. So he should be happy being overpaid for now

But can you blame a guy for wanting to be here right now? Titans are where its at

I venture to guess he had that option, if he agreed to a pay cut. He chose money. Which I get, of course. But don't cry about it.

Casey and McCourty crying they got traded/released throwing shade at the Titans org. When your on your 9th year with a large cap hit to your name and a decline in play it's what will happen. I'm sure he wouldnt of restructured his contact so it was a solid move by jrob.

Unless we do something to improve the D with money we saved, it wasn’t a good move. If we don’t sign Clowney, JRob gonna have to dance to some bad music.

Fair assessment and I agree, but remember, there are two sides to every story. We have no clue what happened behind closed doors, and he may not be innocent himself. Something seems strange with offloading him for only a 7th....
You're right he could have said no to a pay cut, reduced role....think there's more than that?

Business aside, teams should still respect the players especially vets of 9 years. I know it goes both ways.

I do agree that unless we get Clowney, we did not get better with this move. However, I do not think the titans threw him away. They could have cut him instead they traded him and he still gets his pay. So I do not think the titans did wrong by him at all. Had they just cut him or traded him to Jags, Browns, Bengals, etc then that would have been bad.

Getting traded to Denver not a bad deal at all. Good team good city.

Idk that he did have that option. He claims he recieved word 30 seconds before the trade
I agree, doesn't sound like he had an option of staying for less..like you said, Titans are a team on the rise. I would think he would like to have been part of it. Especially after all the hard times he's seen with us.

I get why we did it and for a business it makes sense. However, we've now got what 14mill cap space and a hole to fill. If we dont get anyone we should've kept him for another year.

I agree with a lot of you guys. If we don't use that money yo better our team, it was a bad deal. But, i think we will. The fo knows this team is right on the edge of being a legit contender. We are better on both sides of the ball right now imo and if we add one big piece like clowney or a few depth players with our money, we'll be in really good shape

He should be thankful he wasn't cut. His salary for 2020-2022 was only guaranteed for injury, so he could have been cut and out on the street looking for a new contract.

And I guarantee it wouldn't have been nearly as lucrative as the $36M he has left on his current deal. The Titans actually did him a massive favor by allowing him to keep his current contract by finding someone willing to take it.

He should be thankful he wasn't cut. His salary for 2020-2022 was only guaranteed for injury, so he could have been cut and out on the street looking for a new contract.

And I guarantee it wouldn't have been nearly as lucrative as the $36M he has left on his current deal. The Titans actually did him a massive favor by allowing him to keep his current contract by finding someone willing to take it.
Yep...yet treated like “trash” by an organization that kept him 9 years and signed him to big deals, and traded him to a solid team to keep his salary...riiiiiiight

Especially, if, as a few of us think, the Titans head office asked him before the trade (could have been weeks earlier) if he would consider re-structuring for less money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back