Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Casey was likely to be released if we couldn't find a trade partner. I don't know that I'd call that trade such a steal. The Broncos are paying top dollar for a guy that is likely more of a rotational player now.
You think he wont start?

Denver had a good DL and many of them are FAs. Hes starting

It is very interesting that JRob said they just wanted to go in another direction...I wonder if this has to do with leadership and the fact that the organization feels that it is time to pass the leadership torch to Brown or Evans...Most great defenses seem to always have that great LBer that is their leader because he is on the field almost every play rather than being in a rotation.

Another reason that JRob might have felt comfortable trading away Casey for a bag of peanuts is that this draft class is loaded with quick/fast big guys...they set a record at the combine for the most guys over 300lbs to run sub 5.0 40yd....if you are looking for a penetrating DT this class has them....Brown, Kinlaw, Madubuike, Agim, Davidson, The Davis brothers from Nebraska, Gallimore...then you have Epenesa and Greenard who certainly aren't stout run defenders but would fill the role of getting after the QB.

Another reason that JRob might have felt comfortable trading away Casey for a bag of peanuts is that this draft class is loaded with quick/fast big guys...they set a record at the combine for the most guys over 300lbs to run sub 5.0 40yd....if you are looking for a penetrating DT this class has them....Brown, Kinlaw, Madubuike, Agim, Davidson, The Davis brothers from Nebraska, Gallimore...then you have Epenesa and Greenard who certainly aren't stout run defenders but would fill the role of getting after the QB.

Whoever gets Derrick Brown is going to be one lucky team. That guy has Haynesworth written all over him.

Casey didn't deserve that, now hes on the 3rd worst team in that Div at the end of his career

For what we got back in the trade might have well just cut the guy so he could pick where he wanted.

Like trash? I like casey and I always thought he was a hard worker, but when you compare his stats with his pay, he was paid handsomely considering his output. He would become a ghost at times. Truth is, he’s older and on the decline and demands higher pay. We want to get younger and faster so we cut bait. I’d say we were pretty loyal to him considering he was here basically his whole career...We will be absolutely fine, and I wish him well in Denver.

Like trash? I like casey and I always thought he was a hard worker, but when you compare his stats with his pay, he was paid handsomely considering his output. He would become a ghost at times. Truth is, he’s older and on the decline and demands higher pay. We want to get younger and faster so we cut bait. I’d say we were pretty loyal to him considering he was here basically his whole career...We will be absolutely fine, and I wish him well in Denver.
Casey was easily our best defender for a number of years and team leader. Most DTs don’t have great stats, and he never had anyone worth a damn play next to him. He was mostly played out of position and had to be looped and stunted because our interior DL was so weak.

he deserved better and we deserved something much more than a 7th. Our DL is gonna suck, he was the only player who could generate any pass rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back