Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when I was trying to tell people on here Casey wasnt as good anymore? Looks like the league agrees.

Im absolutely stunned by this move though. Titans are about to make a big signing.

That’s a deep trade, should have gotten much more than that.

I understand that it was purely a money move, but damn that’s confusing.

Casey is a staple on this team but his production has dropped over the last few years. I’ll miss him though. He was one of our leaders.

Vrabel knows Clowney. He didn't go for him last year when he had a chance.

He's probably too expensive for what Vrabel thinks his production will be.

Calm down folks. It’s a huge cap hit. Everyone has dreams of signing free agents but they’re not free. FO was at least able to get something for Casey. It’s hard to find a trade partner willing to take on an 11 mil salary. So it’s either cut him or take what you can get. Casey has been pivotal for us, but Simmons now can easily take over his production. All is well.

Cant see us signing clowney with having just signed Beasley to start opposite landry. I think our cap space is back up to near 30 million though. A lot to play with

If we do replace him with a free agent, heres some options:
Jadaveon Clowney, Ndamakong Suh, timmy Jernigan, everson griffin, Olivier vernon, derek wolfe, christian Covington, jabal sheard, adrian clayborn, shelby Harris, mike Daniels

Calm down folks. It’s a huge cap hit. Everyone has dreams of signing free agents but they’re not free. FO was at least able to get something for Casey. It’s hard to find a trade partner willing to take on an 11 mil salary. So it’s either cut him or take what you can get. Casey has been pivotal for us, but Simmons now can easily take over his production. All is well.

I think Casey will definitely be missed but yes, it was inevitable. We had to dump the salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back