Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saving money is one thing but damn gave away one of the best and reliable players on D for nothing? 7th round pick is all? Will that pick even contribute or make the team? I was hoping our D line would get better this off-season but now there's a huge hole to fill.

Absolutely hate this. I'm as big of JR supporter as there is, but if there isn't a significant plan of what to use this money for, then it's terrible. It also creates a significant hole in the starting roster.

And for a 7th? C'mon man, you must have been able to get more than that. This isn't Hopkins level bad, but itits up there.

I am sorry but we should have gotten more than a 7th rounder. Maybe 7th and a player just think we should have gotten more. But in J-Rob I do trust!

If that was true, we would have gotten it. He has been on the block all year. This was the best offer we had for an expensive star on his way out. This is a take what you can get or get nothing move.
Dont they both play olb in a 3-4?

Beasley's best was with Atlanta in a 3-4, when he was in 4-3 he was no where near as good. Were not bringing in Beasley to play on the line that'd be silly

Yes but watch the Texans game film. Because of his ability against the run and the pass, they used him on the outside of the DL, not as an OLB that would drop into zone coverage very often. Thus, he could work off the strong side of the down 3 DLmen and leave Landry and Beasley at the OLB for zone coverage and pass rush as normal.

Clowney is listed as a 3-4 olb but he actually did line up as 3-4 de in Houston when Watt was injured and wrecked havoc. Probably was his best playing time for the Texans. I wouldn't mind them trying to get Chris Jones from KC for a 3 with a conditional pick next year and sign him and Clowney. It would mean cutting or trading Daquan and using all of our cap but a d-line of Clowney and Simmons and C. Jones up front with Landry and Beasley on the edge would be devastating. Now is the time to go for it and hope the cap raises as much as they expect.

Absolutely hate this. I'm as big of JR supporter as there is, but if there isn't a significant plan of what to use this money for, then it's terrible. It also creates a significant hole in the starting roster.

And for a 7th? C'mon man, you must have been able to get more than that. This isn't Hopkins level bad, but itits up there.

Yeah there is no plan. Lmao wtf? Of course there is a plan.

I know most are thinking this move is to do something for Clowney or some other trade, but my gut feeling it's something less splashy than that.

More than likely it's to try to get a secondary player, maybe bring back Logan Ryan, or go after Chris Harris.

Chiefs tagged chris jones
Chiefs tagged Dee Ford last yr and traded him.

I'd be excited to have Clowney or Jones

Ngaukaue is another impact guy that will be available by trade...better production than Clowney over his career actually and less injury prone.

I’m not panicking. This was about opening up money and getting anything in return. I’m betting we have some nice moves coming....I like Casey, but truth is, he is aging and we have Simmons now. He also can be a ghost at times!

Surprised despite his decline. Not so much that he’s gone but thought he still had more value than a 7th.

And a good luck to you. No beef ever with Casey.

A 7th does seem awfully low. This was clearly all about the money. Perhaps they tried to rework his contract and he said no. I would have thought a 5th or something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back