Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
i better see a clowney signing immediately....
giphy.webp

Hopefully it's a precursor to Chris Harris Jr or Dante Fowler. Maybe Clowney if it's reasonable.
Why are people thinking we are getting another edge guy to replace Casey?
We need beef up front.

Suh
Leonard Williams
Dontari Poe
Michael Pierce
Brandon Williams

Absolutely hate this. I'm as big of JR supporter as there is, but if there isn't a significant plan of what to use this money for, then it's terrible. It also creates a significant hole in the starting roster.

And for a 7th? C'mon man, you must have been able to get more than that. This isn't Hopkins level bad, but itits up there.

You really don’t think there is a plan for using the money? Come on man, let things play out.

Hate to see him go. One of the best players and leaders this franchise has seen.

Also, I don't get the "We still have Simmons, so it's fine" talk. Simmons needs a co worker to show his full potential. We're not going to see what Simmons can truly do if we can't get anyone next to him. Simmons is and will be a game changer, but we need to fill a massive need in the middle not that Casey is gone.

If that was true, we would have gotten it. He has been on the block all year. This was the best offer we had for an expensive star on his way out. This is a take what you can get or get nothing move.

Yes but watch the Texans game film. Because of his ability against the run and the pass, they used him on the outside of the DL, not as an OLB that would drop into zone coverage very often. Thus, he could work off the strong side of the down 3 DLmen and leave Landry and Beasley at the OLB for zone coverage and pass rush as normal.

I think we would be better suited just getting a more traditional DE to play on the line. I'd be cool with the clowney signing though as long as its not for a ridiculous price

Hate to see him go. One of the best players and leaders this franchise has seen.

Also, I don't get the "We still have Simmons, so it's fine" talk. Simmons needs a co worker to show his full potential. We're not going to see what Simmons can truly do if we can't get anyone next to him. Simmons is and will be a game changer, but we need to fill a massive need in the middle not that Casey is gone.

I would expect the plan is to use the money for Casey’s replacement. Simmons will get a running mate.

Why are people thinking we are getting another edge guy to replace Casey?
We need beef up front.

Suh
Leonard Williams
Dontari Poe
Michael Pierce
Brandon Williams

I wouldn’t mind Michael Pierce not sure whatd he’d cost but I think he’s a better option than Suh

Agree, but they wont go into the season with another DT to play beside him.... I have faith, I actually believe we could sign Suh or Clowney very shortly... Or take that money and get Harris at CB, draft a DT

As of last season Casey was still a solid DT. It is his contract that causes the problem. If he were making 7mil a season, there would be plenty of interest. He has declined enough that his money is hard to justify. I like Casey, but we did need to get away from his contract.

Sucks to see Casey go, but this isn't a surprising move. Also people thinking we'd get a big haul for a 30 year old DT, making 10 million need to get a grip. We're lucky we didn't have to straight cut him.

Agree, but they wont go into the season with another DT to play beside him.... I have faith, I actually believe we could sign Suh or Clowney very shortly... Or take that money and get Harris at CB, draft a DT

I wouldn't mind Pierce. Pierce is a natural pocket collapser and paired up with Simmons would damn near be disruptive. If we can't find a DT via free agency, then I would love to draft someone like Raekwon Davis from Alabama in the second round (if he's still available).

I think we go after Clowney. With as much dime and nickel as the league plays now it only makes sense. Our pas rushers would be:

Landry - Simmons - Clowney - Beasley on passing downs. Absolutely sign me up for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back