Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people are letting their rosy view of Casey cloud their vision here. Casey is 30 and coming off a down year and making 11 million. For these reasons, he was a potential cap casuality if he wouldn't renogitiate. Teams were keenly aware of this as well, so he was never going to bring back better than a late round pick. We got something for him rather than lose him for nothing. Sucks to see him go. I would have preferred to see Jones cut/traded, but he is younger and Casey's cap hit was more.

Always like casey, but this doesn't surprise me at all. If we have 38m in cap space, we can still sign Casey's replacement and fill out our depth needs.

I hate to see Casey go. He is one of the best Titans of all time and a real stand up guy, but I like to think good teams get ahead of the bad contracts on declining players there’s a good chance this is the case. Even if we don’t make a big splash signing, 2-3 solid veterans may be more valuable then what Casey would’ve given us at his price

Always like casey, but this doesn't surprise me at all. If we have 38m in cap space, we can still sign Casey's replacement and fill out our depth needs.

We don't have 38... i believe with this we maybe have around $18-20... i could be wrong, but Vic was $9.5M... I'm actually not sure

This team will look dramatically different from week1 2019

No Casey, probably no Logan Ryan and Wes woodyard, no Mary, no Walker, no Conk....

I hate to see Casey go. He is one of the best Titans of all time and a real stand up guy, but I like to think good teams get ahead of the bad contracts on declining players there’s a good chance this is the case. Even if we don’t make a big splash signing, 2-3 solid veterans may be more valuable then what Casey would’ve given us at his price

Looks like we have about $30M now

Should have 30ish million before adjusting for Draft allocations. So in real cap space, we have about 25ish million.

They're expecting Clowney to demand $20M+... might be too much... I could see us signing Clowney if we somehow dumped Butler...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back