Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get everyone wanting Clowney, it's been a while since this D has been able to get after the QB. But he seems to disappear, much more than he takes over games. From what I've seen. Considering his injury history and the money he's commanding, I'd feel a bit uneasy paying up.

I would waaaaay rather trade away our 1st for Grady Jarrett or Chris Jones. Either one of those guys would make this burgeoning front 7 elite. Add Roby-Coleman and it would be just a ridiculous D lineup.

I'm a little surprised Casey got traded 6 hours ago and we havent heard any news of another move. I figured something was already lined up.

Trading Casey doesn’t necessarily mean they are signing someone big. They may be freeing up money to sign several guys with smaller contracts, including their own.

This was a shocker, something has to be in the works. I’m excited to see what JRob has up his sleeves. Hopefully it’s assembling an elite defense that can contain highflying teams like the Chiefs.

We’ll have to be able to get past the Chiefs to get to a SB, they are the team to beat in the AFC as of now. And obviously the defense couldn’t come close to doing that last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
It goes from laughing at the Texans for a dumb trade to us doing the same thing. Casey may be getting older but he is still productive. Him going to Denver and having teams focus on Miller and Chubb will give him a chance to be more productive. My problem isn't the trade itself if we are going big for a couple of game changers but a seventh is ridiculous for a productive probowler. His contract isn't bad for what he brings compared to the cost of replacement. We could have dumped Daquan and had enough to go after Clowney or whoever or just restructured a few contracts. Unless we are going for 2 free agents I just don't see the logic of dumping Casey. Now if we can swing a trade for C. Jones and sign Clowney then I'm good. Now is the time if they do some restructuring and the cap does go up by as much as they're expecting over the next couple of years.

We are fine....Tanny, and Henry kept. That’s huge! Beasley a nice addition....I don’t doubt we see more activity here soon. Relax, it’s early....

It goes from laughing at the Texans for a dumb trade to us doing the same thing. Casey may be getting older but he is still productive. Him going to Denver and having teams focus on Miller and Chubb will give him a chance to be more productive. My problem isn't the trade itself if we are going big for a couple of game changers but a seventh is ridiculous for a productive probowler. His contract isn't bad for what he brings compared to the cost of replacement. We could have dumped Daquan and had enough to go after Clowney or whoever or just restructured a few contracts. Unless we are going for 2 free agents I just don't see the logic of dumping Casey. Now if we can swing a trade for C. Jones and sign Clowney then I'm good. Now is the time if they do some restructuring and the cap does go up by as much as they're expecting over the next couple of years.
While I think Casey was more than a 7, the comparison to Hopkins is ridiculous.
Casey is coming of a second or third straight season of decline and is 30, Hopkins is still leading the league (or close to) in almost everything for WR and is 2 years younger.

While I think Casey was more than a 7, the comparison to Hopkins is ridiculous.
Casey is coming of a second or third straight season of decline and is 30, Hopkins is still leading the league (or close to) in almost everything for WR and is 2 years younger.
Not trying to say we are Texans dumb because I don't think anyone can touch that. All I was saying was we should have gotten more for him. Any free agent we wanted we could have gotten without releasing Casey. If not releasing Daquan would have gotten us there or we could have simply just restructured a contract or two. That's the only reason why I can only hope J Rob has something good in store for us.

We spent years being vanilla and dealing with the same ol bs. I like this....Vrabel and Jrob want to get young, fast, and competitive. We are in a good situation. I have faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back