Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team has gotten worse since free agency started. Cant believe jrob had a team so close to winning it all then let one of his best players go for nothing and missed out on signing Brady which which was cheaper than tannenhill for the next 2 seasons
Who was this "one of his best players" and Brady is done.

This team has gotten worse since free agency started. Cant believe jrob had a team so close to winning it all then let one of his best players go for nothing and missed out on signing Brady which which was cheaper than tannenhill for the next 2 seasons

Cant afford to keep everyone. It's just how it is.

Cant afford to keep everyone. It's just how it is.
giphy.webp

You have to consider our own guys that we brought back. That's what happens when you have good players. You have to pay them and you cant pay everyone.

You have to consider our own guys that we brought back. That's what happens when you have good players. You have to pay them and you cant pay everyone.
Sure, of course. There was no way we were going to significantly upgrade in free agency overall. Too many of our own mouths to feed.

It is a welcomed change that this team is good to the point where you have to let good players walk because we simply have too many. That's a testament to what JR has built here.

That said, I still don't like the hole that was just created on the DL. I get letting our starting RT walk, but moving Casey for a 7th is a tough pill to swallow. We wasted his prime with little talent around him. Great we have Simmons, but now he's in the same spot with not a lot of talent around him on the line. Who, Jones? Yeah, ok.....

We definitely took a small hit losing him but next man up is the Titans way. We are going to be great next season. Our DL will improve big time

Curious what you're basing this on? Simmons will improve, bu otherwise we just lost arguably our top DL with no replacement.
I’m basing it on the Titans are the damn team in the league!!!! We will dominate next year!!! Henry will break all the records!!!! Tanny will be MVP!!!!!

Titans 10000000
Rest of the league 0

I’m basing it on the Titans are the damn team in the league!!!! We will dominate next year!!! Henry will break all the records!!!! Tanny will be MVP!!!!!

Titans 10000000
Rest of the league 0
Ah right, didn't realize who I was talking with at first. My bad Mr. McFLARE, carry on :toast:

It's like just giving him away. There's literally nothing good to come from this. You can't just sabotage an average at best defense like this and expect everything to be ok.

It's like just giving him away. There's literally nothing good to come from this. You can't just sabotage an average at best defense like this and expect everything to be ok.

They were going to cut him or get what they could. So they got what they could. They will replace him with an equal or better player I would think.

That wasn’t “Titan like” the way they just dropped him , which could be a good thing . I’m just not sure what type of statement it makes to the locker room. He was a model football player and member of the community . We will obviously know more as we get more details on whether he wanted out or refused to restructure but as of now it just seems like stone cold business. The Titans usually show more appreciation for their flagship veterans.

That wasn’t “Titan like” the way they just dropped him , which could be a good thing . I’m just not sure what type of statement it makes to the locker room. He was a model football player and member of the community . We will obviously know more as we get more details on whether he wanted out or refused to restructure but as of now it just seems like stone cold business. The Titans usually show more appreciation for their flagship veterans.
And usually hang onto players for way to long.... and usually, suck

Not anymore

I mean, what if they were doing him a favor? It’’s possible he wanted to finish out elsewhere with Simmons being there now etc. I don’t know, just saying, we don’t know what happened behind the scenes, but I’m betting there is a reason to it besides just opening up cap room.

I mean, what if they were doing him a favor? It’’s possible he wanted to finish out elsewhere with Simmons being there now etc.

Not judging by his farewell comments.

“I would be lying if I said I wasn’t confused and hurt, but it’s a business!” he wrote. “But, I am comforted with every text, call, comment, tweet and DM I have received. Y’all are showing your boy some real love and encouragement! Hoping I left my mark in TN because y’all will forever be in my heart.”

Not judging by his farewell comments.

“I would be lying if I said I wasn’t confused and hurt, but it’s a business!” he wrote. “But, I am comforted with every text, call, comment, tweet and DM I have received. Y’all are showing your boy some real love and encouragement! Hoping I left my mark in TN because y’all will forever be in my heart.”
Damn man, that’s a shame....I liked Casey, but there has to be good reason behind it. Definitely clearing space for additions....Jrob and co want to stay winners which is refreshing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back