Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's early, but it's a bummer that nothing happened with this new found cap space. The DL took a significant blow, and it's not like we had a great pass rush last year.

Not trying to say we are Texans dumb because I don't think anyone can touch that. All I was saying was we should have gotten more for him. Any free agent we wanted we could have gotten without releasing Casey. If not releasing Daquan would have gotten us there or we could have simply just restructured a contract or two. That's the only reason why I can only hope J Rob has something good in store for us.

In order to get more a team has to offer more. Clearly the league doesn’t value him like this board does.

Sure, we would have liked to get a much better draft pick, but I suspect there was no deal out there that was better than the 7th rounder. If we weren't satisfied with the DL results last season, then something needed to change. Well this certainly is change. I assume the Titans decided that Casey was earning way too much and his productivity, while still of some value, was going down and at his age, it almost certainly will continue to drop off. The extra cap space will end up being used somewhere even if not as a direct replacement for the DL.

The people on the NFL channel on XM didn't pan this trade at all. They had seemed to think it was necessary and not a surprise at all.

This team has gotten worse since free agency started. Cant believe jrob had a team so close to winning it all then let one of his best players go for nothing and missed out on signing Brady which which was cheaper than tannenhill for the next 2 seasons

This team has gotten worse since free agency started. Cant believe jrob had a team so close to winning it all then let one of his best players go for nothing and missed out on signing Brady which which was cheaper than tannenhill for the next 2 seasons

We aren’t worse...and we are one day into free agency.

When we didnt have a QB or RB? I'd say we are better now.

Also, why do you think Brady is cheaper than Tannehill? Everything I've seen says he will get a good bit more over the next 2 years.

We aren’t worse...and we are one day into free agency.

Well, we pretty objectively are worse, to this point. One new piece at OLB. On the other side of the scale, we've lose our starting DE, starting RT, and stand to lose our slot corner and a few other role players.

Now, that was pretty much inevitable, given that we had 20 free agents.

Well, we pretty objectively are worse, to this point. One new piece at OLB. On the other side of the scale, we've lose our starting DE, starting RT, and stand to lose our slot corner and a few other role players.

Now, that was pretty much inevitable, given that we had 20 free agents.
You have to consider our own guys that we brought back. That's what happens when you have good players. You have to pay them and you cant pay everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back