Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willis has loads of arm talent actually. He just needs to develop mentally and adjust to the speed and progressions in the NFL.

Throwing to wide open receivers in college and overthrowing people in combine drills. Really impressive stuff.

His biggest asset in college was his scrambling/running and it's already been shown that he can't do that in the big league.

Simple no.

but isn’t the argument against THill that he can’t win a big game when the running game isn’t working?
How does Fields possibly improve that especially with all the proof of the opposite?

There’s a whole lotta name calling and hair pulling going on around here. I’m starting to think y’all have a crush on Justin Fields and Malik Willis! Lol

Good to hear everyone’s perspective. I’m just curious, do y’all feel the same way about Lamar Jackson?

There’s a whole lotta name calling and hair pulling going on around here. I’m starting to think y’all have a crush on Justin Fields and Malik Willis! Lol

Good to hear everyone’s perspective. I’m just curious, do y’all feel the same way about Lamar Jackson?
I think Jackson is a better passer than given credit for.
Jackson: 101 passing TDs vs 38 INTs, 64% completion percentage.

Fields: 24 TDs 21 INTs 59%

Squirrel: 0TDs, 3INTs 51%

But the Ravens have basically created an offense around his running ability and running game in general. Almost a college style offense but it's worked for them.

But the Ravens have basically created an offense around his running ability and running game in general. Almost a college style offense but it's worked for them.

Jackson is better than Fields, but you get 3 cheap yrs with Fields while Jackson is gonna cost you an arm and a leg. Greg Roman built that offense around Jackson and he is a FA coach now.

I'm an extend Henry and Tanny fan, but it is fun to think about different directions.

Sounds like a good plan... something has to change to make Titans games enjoyable again

Where do you take Gibbs? At #42? I've seen him mocked in the first round

I think Gibbs will go in the first rnd... He is going to test out really well and teams will see him like a Deebo Samuels type of player. So ideally trade back in the first and pick Gibbs

Trading for a maybe slightly better Malik Willis? No thanks.

Ok this I will fight you on on any hill.

Justin Fields has to run in Chicago because he had even worse receivers than we did at our most injured point.

Justin Fields would be good, the future? Maybe not, but it buys a several year bridge to get our OL in order.

I would just definitely rule out bringing in Matt Nagy if that's the route we go.

Jackson is better than Fields, but you get 3 cheap yrs with Fields while Jackson is gonna cost you an arm and a leg. Greg Roman built that offense around Jackson and he is a FA coach now.

I'm an extend Henry and Tanny fan, but it is fun to think about different directions.
I wasnt advocating for Jackson in TN. Just merely pointing out that he's light-years ahead of Willis and Fields as far as a passer goes and is a better passer than he gets credit for.

Ok this I will fight you on on any hill.

Justin Fields has to run in Chicago because he had even worse receivers than we did at our most injured point.

Justin Fields would be good, the future? Maybe not, but it buys a several year bridge to get our OL in order.

I would just definitely rule out bringing in Matt Nagy if that's the route we go.
If we wanted someone to run the ball, just wildcat with Henry every play. Fields isnt a good QB and wouldn't want him in Tennessee, period.

I was told regular season wins were meaningless therefore it has been a failure... Owl or nothing... what I was told

I was told regular season wins were meaningless therefore it has been a failure... Owl or nothing... what I was told
Depends on the type of fan, I guess.

Personally, I watch football for entertainment and don't get as emotionally invested as some of the crazies. So from an entertainment standpoint, I want to see a competitive team week in and week out.

If it's superb owl or nothing...lots of teams are getting a lot of nothing.

So what I’m gathering is that most folks here are against running QB’s in general. Fields, Willis, etc. Which is interesting because this team has a long history of running QB’s. But it also has a long history of not winning Super Bowls, so there’s that.

So what I’m gathering is that most folks here are against running QB’s in general. Fields, Willis, etc. Which is interesting because this team has a long history of running QB’s. But it also has a long history of not winning Super Bowls, so there’s that.
I don’t think it’s running ability as much as lack of passing ability. A QB who can truly do both is a threat that’s hard to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back