Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who on the roster is serviceable?

If we want Malik to learn, Tannehill is not the one you want doing it. And he's going to be way to expensive for his performance this year... Brady would be perfect to learn from for a yr for Malik.
LOL Brady + T17 dead CAP put QB at $50m and FWIW mw7 has proven he cant learn... appears to be 100% bust. every snap mw7 takes is stealing opportunity from someone with actual potential

I already did... T17 hopefully restructure but whatevers I cant control that
Dobbs vs 4th or later round draft pick
mw7 to PS or he could just be happy to bag my stuff at krogers

I already did... T17 hopefully restructure but whatevers I cant control that
Dobbs vs 4th or later round draft pick
mw7 to PS or he could just be happy to bag my stuff at krogers
Restructure just kicks the can down the road. They need to just pay him what he’s owed or take the cap hit and cut him.

Restructure just kicks the can down the road. They need to just pay him what he’s owed or take the cap hit and cut him.
You got 17 million dollars to burn..? That’s dead money added to 9 million owed Julio down by the School yard. If their was a purely better option, I’d agree, but there isn’t. Address the OL, back a bank truck up to Big Jeff’s driveway, look for our future QB next season or two. Tammy still has some gas! Nobody could of survived this chit OL

You got 17 million dollars to burn..? That’s dead money added to 9 million owed Julio down by the School yard. If their was a purely better option, I’d agree, but there isn’t. Address the OL, back a bank truck up to Big Jeff’s driveway, look for our future QB next season or two. Tammy still has some gas! Nobody could of survived this chit OL
I don’t disagree but they don’t need to restructure. I disagree about big Jeff. He’s a great player but doesn’t make the impact to warrant the cap commitment in Vrabel’s defense. We could find someone to stop the run and tie up blockers for much cheaper and enable us to add a playmaker on offense. You can’t just back the bank truck up for everyone that’s good. When you do that, it limits your ability to have good players at other very important positions. When Big Jeff was out, he wasn’t missed enough to warrant that percentage of our cap.

I don’t disagree but they don’t need to restructure. I disagree about big Jeff. He’s a great player but doesn’t make the impact to warrant the cap commitment in Vrabel’s defense. We could find someone to stop the run and tie up blockers for much cheaper and enable us to add a playmaker on offense. You can’t just back the bank truck up for everyone that’s good. When you do that, it limits your ability to have good players at other very important positions. When Big Jeff was out, he wasn’t missed enough to warrant that percentage of our cap.
We’ve done that to so many players! Hasn’t worked out so well letting “good” players walk. QB isn’t the only space to spend. Jeff is worth a deal

Possibly a smaller can if the possibilities are there.
That cap hit is huge this year as been pointed out to no end. if that can be broken up and a smaller number pushed 2 years down the road, it gives the Titans THill for at least 1 more year since a QB is not really an option this year, and another 2 years to continue searching for a QB if next year isn’t it either.

Lots of people hate THill and think he’s the worst because of his 1 poorly timed game to play like intercept-averde but he’s actually one of the middle or higher QBs in the league.
The team has so many holes, why not keep the stop gap there, fix the other holes, and try moving some money around so THill’s contract isn’t such an eye sore.

you pay guys who command double teams and force other teams to game plan against you because those are the guys who make other players around them better. You don’t pay a guy like Harold Landry a huge deal because teams don’t have to game plan against him…his money should have gone to AJ… Big Jeff has to be schemed against or he hurts your qb

you pay guys who command double teams and force other teams to game plan against you because those are the guys who make other players around them better. You don’t pay a guy like Harold Landry a huge deal because teams don’t have to game plan against him…his money should have gone to AJ… Big Jeff has to be schemed against or he hurts your qb
I agree about Landry. As far as Simmons is concerned, that would be true if we ran an attacking style 4-3 defense, but in Vrabel’s 3-4, that’s not the case. Big Jeff has had nowhere near the impact as Albert Haynesworth did in 08 on his contract year. You hear Big Jeff’s name one or two times a game. You better be hearing it all game if you are going to commit that much of your cap to him. Also should be missed when he’s out and he clearly wasn’t. The defense was as good as ever with him at home. This is why fans are fans and not GM’s. Every good player that comes along, you want to “pay the man” and then complain when you don’t have the cap room to sign someone to replace a Dennis Daley.

I agree about Landry. As far as Simmons is concerned, that would be true if we ran an attacking style 4-3 defense, but in Vrabel’s 3-4, that’s not the case. Big Jeff has had nowhere near the impact as Albert Haynesworth did in 08 on his contract year. You hear Big Jeff’s name one or two times a game. You better be hearing it all game if you are going to commit that much of your cap to him. Also should be missed when he’s out and he clearly wasn’t. The defense was as good as ever with him at home. This is why fans are fans and not GM’s. Every good player that comes along, you want to “pay the man” and then complain when you don’t have the cap room to sign someone to replace a Dennis Daley.
I think everything written here is subjective at best.
Statistically it’s almost impossible to prove a players impact at a position like Simmons.
“Hearing his name” is not a good way to judge impact. Generally speaking, the times you hear a name, it’s putting something in the statistics category.
As mentioned, drawing a double team is not statistically quantified. Drawing that attention allowing for another guy to get mentioned.

I saw you mention Autry before and I agree he is also a stud. Having Simmons, Autry, and Tart means one of the best DL in the league. Super important when you need that to beat these top QBs like Mahomes. The pass rusher with those guys may be an issue still pending Landry’s return and I agree, probably overpaid for what he offers. More likely a product of Simmons/Autry than a top pass rusher.

I think everything written here is subjective at best.
Statistically it’s almost impossible to prove a players impact at a position like Simmons.
“Hearing his name” is not a good way to judge impact. Generally speaking, the times you hear a name, it’s putting something in the statistics category.
As mentioned, drawing a double team is not statistically quantified. Drawing that attention allowing for another guy to get mentioned.

I saw you mention Autry before and I agree he is also a stud. Having Simmons, Autry, and Tart means one of the best DL in the league. Super important when you need that to beat these top QBs like Mahomes. The pass rusher with those guys may be an issue still pending Landry’s return and I agree, probably overpaid for what he offers. More likely a product of Simmons/Autry than a top pass rusher.
I also mentioned the drop when Simmons was out and it was minimal. There seemed to be a much bigger drop when Autry was out and he’s 1/3rd of the price.

LOL wrong ... & you are confusing paying Julio Jones with paying Simmons... it is Jones (and other DEAD CAP signings) & OL malfeasance that resulted in daly being LT NOT paying an actual generational player on D

LOL wrong ... & you are confusing paying Julio Jones with paying Simmons... it is Jones (and other DEAD CAP signings) & OL malfeasance that resulted in daly being LT NOT paying an actual generational player on D
He’s not a generational player in Vrabel’s defense. I know that’s hard for you to understand. You don’t pay a d-lineman in a 3-4, 25 million+ a year. The cap doesn’t allow it unless you want to sacrifice talent at more important positions.

He’s not a generational player in Vrabel’s defense. I know that’s hard for you to understand. You don’t pay a d-lineman in a 3-4, 25 million+ a year. The cap doesn’t allow it unless you want to sacrifice talent at more important positions.
What positions are more important is highly debated too.
Some love throwing money at WR. OL and DL is where the money is made.

DL is not as important in a 3-4. They just eat up blocks to free up the linebackers. Much more important in a 4-3.
If I recall, baltimore 2012 had a 3-4 with some serious players on it.

the defensive scheme with a 3-4 certainly matters. TN seemed very content not disguising any blitzes or anything with a 4th rusher.

But on the flip side..... you complain when we don't retain our draft picks. You can't finally have a draft pick worth keeping, but bitch we let him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back